(shouting)

Rabi-Ribi - Dolphin Room

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Let's Go! Go! Go!

Post by Grounder »

Sadly, Erina does not get the Piko Piko Hammer.

Also, as a general heads up, Iris/Alice isn't the only character to have what's obviously supposed to be her real name butchered in-game.

She is the only one with any excuses, though.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

that certainly was 10 minutes of cutscenes followed by An Ending
was gonna only watch one ep of this to see if the game looked worth getting but i guess i'll need to watch ep 2 as well
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Hey raocow, attack is bound to Right Trigger as well as Y. I highly recommend using RT to free up your fingers for more important actions.

Also, you DO have a wall jump right now. Explaining how to use it is very convoluted and it's only useful in certain situations.

...By the way, Alice's outfit is absolutely not supposed to resemble Sakuya at all. No way.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Stink Terios wrote: 6 years ago
...By the way, Alice's outfit is absolutely not supposed to resemble Sakuya at all. No way.
And not-Nitori is apparently blocking the way to the beach.

I guess we're going to be seeing a lot of that?
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Alright I was definitely a cynic at first but upon seeing bunny porings and harmless mushroom boys smashed mercilessly to bits as raocow chuckles his trademark wacky laugh, I've got to say I'm convinced.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Voltgloss wrote: 6 years ago
Stink Terios wrote: 6 years ago
And not-Nitori is apparently blocking the way to the beach.

I guess we're going to be seeing a lot of that?
Yuuuuuuuup. This is pretty much bootleg Touhou.
Blue

Post by Blue »

This is an incredibly weeb game, holy shit. I might have to sit this LP out until I go play it because this game is as unreasonably up my alley as it gets.
Grounder wrote: 6 years ago Also, as a general heads up, Iris/Alice isn't the only character to have what's obviously supposed to be her real name butchered in-game.
Wot? I just looked this up and her Japanese name is written イリス not アリス. Iris(u) is definitely her real name. I assumed it was left as Irisu due to Irisu Syndrome, a fairly popular Japanese indie game featuring a rabbit girl which I'm fully expecting references to in this game.
Stink Terios wrote: 6 years ago ...By the way, Alice's outfit is absolutely not supposed to resemble Sakuya at all. No way.
Looked more like Kirima Sharo with a pocketwatch to me.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I'm glad this got off to an enjoyable start.

The cutscenes weren't that bad in this video (though they might be an issue later on), and the art style itself looks well-done. But what I really like is the aesthetics in the background.
Blue wrote: 6 years ago
Stink Terios wrote: 6 years ago ...By the way, Alice's outfit is absolutely not supposed to resemble Sakuya at all. No way.
Looked more like Kirima Sharo with a pocketwatch to me.

It looks like there's a character named Syaro (romanized differently but sounding the same) in the game.

Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I think Hard is closer to your skill level than Normal, raocow -- the game might get underwhelming at some point.

The game caught me by surprise when I played it, I didn't expect much from it but it has so much depth that it easily became my GOTY 2016. It also received constant updates for more than a year and as a result has a shitton of content !
As you noticed, the game unfortunately has a very slow start and railroads you hard at first, but once it actually gets started it is incredibly good

And yes, it is a spiritual successor to Bunny Must Die in more ways than one, the "shorter lifespan" thing at the end may even be a reference to BMD, where using a save point added time to your Total time played.

Also, please remember to spoiler the spoilers, guys.

Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

Jesuiscontent wrote: 6 years ago And yes, it is a spiritual successor to Bunny Must Die in more ways than one, the "shorter lifespan" thing at the end may even be a reference to BMD, where using a save point added time to your Total time played.

supposedly the highest difficulty in this game WAS called 'Bunny Must Die' at one point, but it's now bunny extinction
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

oh man, i knew it was compared to BMD a lot but i didn't know it was explicit about it. (not actually watching just tracking people's video 1 comments out of curiosity)
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
LatexHydra

Post by LatexHydra »

woah the art does look kind of EH. Not the pixelart, but the illustrations. They're not the most terrible thing in the world, but not really that great either. It's sorta cute looking though I guess.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Plutia wrote: 6 years ago
Jesuiscontent wrote: 6 years ago And yes, it is a spiritual successor to Bunny Must Die in more ways than one, the "shorter lifespan" thing at the end may even be a reference to BMD, where using a save point added time to your Total time played.

supposedly the highest difficulty in this game WAS called 'Bunny Must Die' at one point, but it's now bunny extinction
Yeah you're right. This page of the artbook explains it
5301215d9b36a58e3db6da0317a66c21.png
5301215d9b36a58e3db6da0317a66c21.png (229.86 KiB) Viewed 10736 times

Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Blue wrote: 6 years ago Wot? I just looked this up and her Japanese name is written イリス not アリス. Iris(u) is definitely her real name. I assumed it was left as Irisu due to Irisu Syndrome, a fairly popular Japanese indie game featuring a rabbit girl which I'm fully expecting references to in this game.
Ah, then it's a pun.
warpio

Post by warpio »

I played this on normal with standard boss scaling, and the late-game bosses started to get incredibly hard after I went around and collected everything. I'm kinda curious to start a new game to see what the alternative boss scaling mode is like since that matches up more with how I prefer to play.

This game has really weird pacing later on.

Apparently I'm currently stuck in both Chapter 7 and in the Final Chapter at the same time. I lost track of which objectives are for which chapter lol.

And yeah, the plot is just incomprehensible nonsense to me. "Please communicate in a way that conveys information" was me for the whole game.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

I'm playing with the (Normal level) Alternative difficulty style, and I don't know if it's because my exploration has led me to wander everywhere except where the objectives tell me to go, or if it's because of the difficulty, but I'm starting to have major problems with bosses even just in Chapter 2. Dealing with

Miss Princess Pandora

was a reasonable if difficult challenge, but

both Keke Bunny and Alraune Aruraune

repeatedly mopped the floor with me.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years agoDealing with

Miss Princess Pandora

was a reasonable if difficult challenge, but

both Keke Bunny and Alraune Aruraune

repeatedly mopped the floor with me.

Keke Bunny is an unstoppable menace to existence, always,

and I can't wait to see raocow's reaction to... it.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Can someone better explain (without spoilers) how the two difficulty scaling options are different? I feel a bit dense, but I keep failing to comprehend them even when I reread the game's explanation.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

From what it said, I guess Alternative is more dependent on exploration?

It also said that you can switch between the two modes until you get three characters.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

My understanding was that in Standard difficulty escalates based on how many items you've collected, while in Alternative it escalates based on how many cutscenes you've seen.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Re: Rabi-Ribi - Nuko do Maron

Post by Kilgamayan »

You can damage and destroy those antifairy enemies just like anything else, rather than just trying to dodge around them.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Yeah, fighting a boss is not usually a "stop" indicator in Rabi-Ribi, at least in the early bits.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Grounder wrote: 6 years ago Yeah, fighting a boss is not usually a "stop" indicator in Rabi-Ribi, at least in the early bits.
Yeah, this game has SO MANY of them.

And to do a wall jump you have to run under a wall, jump towards the same wall, then hold away while jumping. It's awkward, but you can get the hang of it. There is also a way to do another wall jump afterwards, but let's see if raocow figures that out by himsef.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Wow that was a lot of weapon level-ups in such a short time.