(shouting)

Wariowl Landspear 2 - District of Columbia

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Veruchai
Theoretically invisible

Re: Wario Land 2 - Kansas

Post by Veruchai »

Game keeps getting better and I thought this was the best level yet.
The easy parade was nice and relaxing but the slight increase in complexity makes it just more interesting.
And it still seems easy and relaxing enough.
Also liked that if you 'failed' and got knocked down you got rewarded with coins to motivate you. So wholesome.

I think there was a masion or hotel level in the other wario rao played that was also my favorite level...
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

FourteenthOrder wrote: 6 years ago
Voltgloss wrote: 6 years ago
Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago I never noticed that hidden door on the roof. What!
Did anyone else?
I haven't played this game, and I'm just as stumped as raocow on where most of the secrets he's missed are located, but that particular hidden door I saw immediately. I'm frankly surprised it was only for extra coins - I expected it to be the treasure.
Same for me on all counts.
double same same
Bean
Yep.

Re: Wario Land 2 - Kentucky

Post by Bean »

These low-tier states don't deserve to be linked to what is a pretty good chapter. That's my take on things. Also, that dash and jump combo is a big help with those window enemies. Some of them aren't worth going after though.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

For some reason my favorite part of this series is the number guessing game, I don't know why I enjoy it so much
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Yeah I never knew about that nintendo door either. I guess you don't notice the more clever secrets when you play games as a kid.

Also watching this series reminded me how much this game is a beta of sorts for Wario Land 3...

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago I never noticed that hidden door on the roof. What!
Did anyone else?
you're not allowed to tell raocow he's bad at finding things anymore (jk)
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Hey those window guys looked annoying but maybe if you, I dunno, drank the delicious beverages they were trying to supply you with, they'd stop throwing them?

Ever think of that? Huh?
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Blivsey wrote: Hey those window guys looked annoying but maybe if you, I dunno, drank the delicious beverages they were trying to supply you with, they'd stop throwing them?

Ever think of that? Huh?
I think the JP version had the sprites for the beer bottles and the penguin's bowling balls switched. So Dizzy Wario was actually Drunk Wario.
Leet wrote:you're not allowed to tell raocow he's bad at finding things anymore (jk)
I'm just surprised at the irony.
There is a certain level in a certain Chapter 5 where I know there is a secret, but I have no idea how to access it. But I think I know where everything else is. I may finally break down and look at vgmaps once raocow gets to that level.

Tomorrow's level is in my opinion the longest and most complex one in the entire game.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I hate when you go to a hotel and you're not heavy enough to go down the elevator
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

imagine being trapped in a real elevator with wario for hours as the technicians try to get you out
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Re: Wario Land 2 - Louisiana

Post by Bean »

Going to the rooftop to get to the cellar. Makes sense.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

SpoonyBardOL

Post by SpoonyBardOL »

Oh raocow, you were right there.

The different-looking conveyor belt that you thought wasn't affected by the switch was. It's just that you hit the switch twice before checking it again, so it was going back in its original direction.

Don't feel too bad though, because (post-game spoiler)

you have to return to this stage anyway since it has a secret exit leading to new levels. It's one of the more difficult ones to find too, I think.

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Unlike last time, don't feel too bad you missed like half the level. Hint: Smash and but stomp some more!

Some weird physics regarding the conveyor belts:
1) Dashing against them completely negates the pull.
2) As you noticed, the auto-crouch Wario does for the double-jump freezes him in place.
3) Dashing then crouch sliding also works against the belts. Only really useful to slide under 1 or 2 blocks.

Remember #3, this move will become important!
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
FourteenthOrder
(zeal on discord)

Post by FourteenthOrder »

The graphics swap thing sounded to me like a false rumor so I looked up some Japanese LPs out of curiosity, and sure enough those window enemies still throw bottles there. The original graphic for the bowling ball thing that made Wario dizzy was, like, a frothy mug of beer, too, not a bottle at all.
Sebby19

Re: Wario Land 2 - Maine

Post by Sebby19 »

I guess I was mistaken. Whoops.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

That rabbit boss is seriously annoying because getting the ball into the net is quite tricky, but I guess it could be worse - it could be soccer instead.
Kitsune Zeta

Post by Kitsune Zeta »

Paragraph wrote: 6 years ago That rabbit boss is seriously annoying because getting the ball into the net is quite tricky, but I guess it could be worse - it could be soccer instead.
How would soccer be more difficult? If anything, it'd be easier since you don't have to aim a throw.

(Yes, I have played and beaten the game you're referring to. I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. The boss you're referring to is trivial. Basketball is harder.)

Anyways, raocow's on the home stretch of the main route, the "Final Chapter". Any takers for how many of the remaining stages will he have to revisit due to not finding the treasure or messing up the postlevel minigame?
Sebby19

Re: Wario Land 2 - Colorado

Post by Sebby19 »

"Story Time! With Wario Land II"
Previously on Wario Land II...
Escaping the Maze Woods, Captian Syrup and her Gooms head into the city. There are lots of places to hide there. Be vigilant and thorough, Wario! Continue the hunt in the big City!
And now...
After beating the resident B-ball master, Dunk, at his own game, Wario leaves the city, as Syrup and her Gooms are no longer there. Outside the city limits, Wario scans the horizon, and sees a familiar skull-shaped tower off in the woods and mountains. It seems Captain Syrup has rebuilt her castle, which was destroyed layer by layer, when Wario invaded their island long ago. Inside the new castle, Syrup celebrates with her succesful escape, and her Gooms can finally rest.
Looks like its time to return the favor and invade the new Syrup Castle, isn't it, Wario?
Now I wonder, how did Syrup get away with building a new castle without raising concerns with the nearby city? Unless she's invaded the place, too. That would make sense, actually. Robbing the city would have provided the resources needed to build her castle.

As for today's episode, ah... so close to stumbling into how to get the Goom up to you. At least you figured it out in post. I say you only went through a quarter of the level, this time.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

i cant believe that wario was actually sonic the hedgehog this entire time
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Re: Wario Land 2 - Maryland

Post by Sugar »

This is truly a Talkhaus collab, before Talkhaus even existed.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

To get to that first lower area, there was a fake floor that was exactly 1 tile wide. If you paid attention to Wario's walk cycle, you'll notice he 'skips' a bit when he walks over a 1-tile hole.

As for the 2nd lower area, I don't exactly remember. Maybe part of the floor were secretly Enemy Throw blocks.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
warpio

Post by warpio »

Sebby you're assuming that raocow has given up and just wants the answers to how to find stuff fed to him, but I think it's more likely that he's just rushing through to see what the post-story content is like and is planning to do a serious attempt at searching for stuff after he's able to return to these levels. maybe chill on the walkthrough spam so that he doesn't feel like he needs to avoid reading the thread.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

warpio wrote: 6 years ago Sebby ... maybe chill on the walkthrough spam so that he doesn't feel like he needs to avoid reading the thread.
This. Or at least please use spoiler tags. That's what they are there for. Then raocow can decide himself whether to read the puzzle solutions or not - without having to literally avert his eyes from the thread.