(shouting)

JIGGLY ZONE

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
sylvie
Pronouns: she/her

JIGGLY ZONE

Post by sylvie »

Welcome to the JIGGLY ZONE. Become JIGGLER and find the Medallions scattered Throughout the land. Experience a World of Treasures Like you have never Seen....

JIGGLY ZONE is an exploration platformer made by sylvie, creator of Cat Planet, and hubol, creator of Craz'd and 2. Since raocow has played some of our games in the past, we thought there might be some interest in it here.

JIGGLY ZONE can be played on Windows PCs or in web browsers, but save files are not compatible between versions. If you aren't sure which version to play, the Windows one is likely to run more smoothly.

Play JIGGLY ZONE online: love-game.net/JIGGLYZONE/
Download Windows version: love-game.net/JIGGLYZONE.zip

You can also listen to the JIGGLY ZONE Official Sound Track here: hubol.bandcamp.com/album/jiggly-zone-ost
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: JIGGLY ZONE

Post by raocow »

jiggly zone, huh

Hmm.

Hmm.

Hmm.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Don't try playing this one with a Logitech, if one thing isn't going wrong, it's another. :roll:
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
hubol
Pronouns: he/him

Post by hubol »

Grounder, that's not a great bug report. Did you have any specific issues? Also "a Logitech"? Is this a computer? A mouse? A printer? Or some other amazing hardware?

Edit: Seems sylvie figured it out :shock: :? :roll: :lol:
Last edited by hubol 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
sylvie

Post by sylvie »

Sorry for the issues... If you redownload/refresh, does it work properly? I just uploaded a new version that fixes a few stupid gamepad bugs. I should've tested with gamepads instead of assuming my code from old projects would work.....

Were you playing the web version or the Windows version? If it was the web version, does your gamepad work correctly on http://html5gamepad.com/?

Do you know whether your gamepad uses XInput or DirectInput?

If it's still broken, I guess you can use Joy2Key..... sorry!
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

sylvie wrote: 6 years ago Sorry for the issues... If you redownload/refresh, does it work properly? I just uploaded a new version that fixes a few stupid gamepad bugs. I should've tested with gamepads instead of assuming my code from old projects would work.....

Were you playing the web version or the Windows version? If it was the web version, does your gamepad work correctly on http://html5gamepad.com/?

Do you know whether your gamepad uses XInput or DirectInput?

If it's still broken, I guess you can use Joy2Key..... sorry!
Yes, the web version works with the gamepad now.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Okay, what the hell happened at the end?

Is it, like, a fakeout, or...?

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
sylvie

Post by sylvie »

The end is what it is. You can't go back on your decision.....

Thanks for playing!
sylvie

Post by sylvie »

The hour of JIGGLING is near.... raocow will be playing this game pretty soon, unless he decides to play Hollow Knight without the DLC first or something.

For this reason, I've released a small update that fixes some bugs, tweaks the levels a bit, introduces new bugs, etc. The download/play links are the same as in the original post.

I also added a secret "second quest", which can be accessed by doing a certain thing on the title screen after completing the game. I don't expect raocow to play that, since it's too similar to the normal game, but maybe at least one person in the world will enjoy it....

Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

sylvie wrote: 5 years ago The hour of JIGGLING is near.... raocow will be playing this game pretty soon, unless he decides to play Hollow Knight without the DLC first or something.
For this reason, I've released a small update that fixes some bugs, tweaks the levels a bit, introduces new bugs, etc. The download/play links are the same as in the original post.

I also added a secret "second quest", which can be accessed by doing a certain thing on the title screen after completing the game. I don't expect raocow to play that, since it's too similar to the normal game, but maybe at least one person in the world will enjoy it....

I think there's still another up to 2 weeks of Celeste left with these C-sides and one extra strawberry thing. But yeah, this is still going to have time to come between that and Hollow knight
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

This game is pretty neat
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Oh god, I think I found an inescapable situation.

For some reason, there seems to be no way to go back to the Entrance of the Crimson Isles once you enter the Mouth from the Stomach, at least not without the spike power-up (which I lacked at the time). Even if I managed to make the jumps and cleared the spikes, there's no way to shift gravity mid-air so that I can catch my footing on the top doors. I'd have to get extremely lucky and hit up just as I pass over them.

Was this intentional?

E: Here's a pic of the issue:
Jiggly Zone'd.png
Jiggly Zone'd.png (356.32 KiB) Viewed 6560 times
Notice at the top there are spikes that prevent me from landing below the doors without the spike powerup. Also, there's a pit at the very top of the screen, so no catching myself there either.

Also also, it's not possible to just get the powerup by entering the Final area from the Heart. I have to enter from a different area in the Lavender zone to access it.
sylvie

Post by sylvie »

There are two ways to escape. The intended way is to just keep moving forward through the area until you reach and complete the last room. As for your "Also also" in the spoiler -

you can make it through Final from the Heart entrance, and in fact that's the intended route and I don't know of any other route. Final is a very hard screen though that requires you to use all your powerups in clever ways. (At least in the current version; Final used to just drop you in front of the powerup chest but I thought that was too anticlimactic.)

If you want to back out, you have to do an extremely difficult jump sequence like you said.

You don't have to press up with good timing though; if you touch a door with no checkpoint set, it will automatically set your checkpoint to that door. So you can just clip the edge of the right door and you'll respawn there, but the jump sequence is still very precise.

Because that back-out jump is so hard (and wasn't even intentional) it's basically a "point of no return" for most players. In most of the game I tried to make it so backtracking is always possible, but I think I didn't really consider that when designing the

Crimson Islands

since it's supposed to be the "final area". I'm not sure if I'll patch the game to make it more easily escapable, since I'm a little tired of working on it, and I'm also not sure of the best way to add an easier escape route to that part.
Joseph Staleknight
ABCDs in Katamari Damacy when

Post by Joseph Staleknight »

Ah, right, I forgot I had the ghost powerup in the Final area. Silly me.

Well, at least I managed to make it all the way through and get the spike powerup. Now to find those last two treasures and clean up some extra stuff.

EDIT: I made a thing for those who're still struggling to 100% the game:
JIGGLY ZONE Map (FINAL).png
JIGGLY ZONE Map (FINAL).png (562.06 KiB) Viewed 6491 times
warpio

Post by warpio »

I'm like hopelessly stuck trying to find one of the Jigglys in Lavender Cemetary Descent. The 4 of them I found already are:

the 3 that you can see directly left, down, and right of the lower door, and the 1 that's right by the upper door. I've tried following the entire border of this spike maze and everything just leads to a dead end and I haven't seen any trace of this 5th jiggly at all.

There's clearly more of the room that I haven't been to (mostly the upper right), but as far as I can tell there's no way to get there, and there's no other entrances to this room besides the 2.

Has anyone else gotten stuck on this? I'm assuming there's no other abilities left to get after

the sword

that would make it possible to access new areas, and if that's the case then the only possibilities left I can think of are:
1) I haven't thoroughly explored the spike maze enough, or
2) My game is bugged and the 5th jiggly doesn't actually exist in this room.

Can someone tell me whether my first assumption is correct, that there should just be another path in the Descent room I haven't found yet? Or if that's not it and there's another mysterious trick to getting this 5th jiggly then maybe a subtle hint would be nice.

Edit: nevermind lol

I just read the spoiler in the previous post and learned about the spike ability. That takes care of that. Also I somehow forgot about going overtop of the screen, and found out it's possible to get to that jiggly even without the spike ability.

Last edited by warpio 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
warpio

Post by warpio »

okay so now this time I think I really AM hopelessly stuck at

The bottom of Crimson Islands. I assume the spike power must be around here somewhere but I've explored everything I can in Mouth, Stomach, and Heart and there seems to be nowhere else to go and there's no way to get back up through Mouth. Everything in the Heart room except for that one chest is way too high up and there's no blocks to use to refresh my jumps.

sylvie

Post by sylvie »

You might be forgetting about the gravity powerup, which is required to get through the Heart. You'll also have to do some blind jumps, but it's possible.

Aura

Post by Aura »

Hey I just finished playing through this and it was pretty fun. I especially enjoyed

the second quest, since we get the powerups in a much more interesting order.

I just wish there were some sort of global JIGGLER counter kinda like there is one for treasures. I'm still not sure I talked to every JIGGLER.
The soundtrack was really good as well.

Thanks for make.
sylvie

Post by sylvie »

Thanks for play! I'm glad you enjoyed

the second quest

, I wasn't really sure if people would find it fun.