(shouting)

Yoshi's Archipelago {SMBX}

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
halibabica

Yoshi's Archipelago {SMBX}

Post by halibabica »

Yoshi’s Archipelago is a community collab game made in SMBX. It was created under strict pretenses in an effort to make it one of the most solid Mario episodes imaginable. Whether we succeeded or not, well, that's up to you now, isn't it?

DOWNLOAD

This game is designed for SMBX v.1.3.0.1, and no guarantees can be made that it will work in other versions (newer or older). I know you kids are real big on your 1.4's and 2.0's, but this game was made by dinosaurs and it's about dinosaurs, so I guess it fits???

The Plot
The Mario Bros. are on vacation with Peach in Yoshi's Archipelago, a group of exotic islands far from the Mushroom Kingdom. Of course, wherever they go, trouble soon follows. Bowser and his minions crash the party and kidnap the princess! The mission is clear, but something seems off about Bowser…whatever it is, there's work to do! Mario and Luigi hop to it with the help of Peach's bodyguard, Agent Toad!
So Many Islands
Yoshi’s Archipelago boasts a wide range of locales. From the lush plains of Green Grass Island to the frozen wastes of Slip Drip, all manner of alliterative areas await you! With 90 stages spread across 10 different islands, there's just tons to see!
Yoshis Everywhere!
As one may expect, the archipelago is home to many types of Yoshi. In fact, each island has its own local color! On top of a strong showing of everyone’s favorite dinosaur, this game is designed with Yoshi in mind. Levels are ride-friendly, and you'll never be forced to ditch your dino pal. You may have to dismount to climb a vine secret or two, but Yoshi will wait patiently for your return. Even bosses can be fought on green-horseback! Ride your rainbow of steeds to victory!

Flower Mode
Like its namesake, each stage contains five flowers (but almost no red coins, so don't worry). Gather all five and a star will appear at the end of the level. Stars can unlock bonus items, extra stages, and entire new islands! Although midpoints can’t save flowers, you can activate Flower Mode to gain additional power-ups for the hunt. There are 100 stars and more than 450 flowers, so there’s plenty to find and many rewards to be had! Even Lakitu’s shoe is an accessible prize!

Unlockable Characters
Only Mario and Luigi are available at first, but more characters can be unlocked as you progress. Peach may be kidnapped, but if you can save her from Bowser, she'll join you on the quest! Her hover ability and higher health give her an edge with flower gathering. With her help, you can discover all the archipelago’s secrets! Including other new allies...

Newbies and Veterans Welcome
This game offers something for all players. Newcomers will find the tutorial stage informative, while veterans will be happy they can skip it. Flowers and stars aren’t needed to complete the main quest, but there are challenges waiting for those who seek them. Each stage already contains what you need to find the flowers, but bonus items can make the search much easier. And for those who really want to go all-out, try the All Five All Five Challenge: get all five flowers as all five characters in every level. Some are much harder than others!

Two-Player Compatibility
If you have a local friend to play with, this game fully supports two-player mode. The only thing better than a grand adventure is having someone to share it with! Work together and conquer in co-op!

Official Game Page
MORE SCREENSHOTS

World 1 Demo Video:

DOWNLOAD
halibabica

Re: Yoshi's Archipelago {SMBX}

Post by halibabica »

I don't bite, honest.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

This seems super neat actually
I'll have to get around to playing it soon, then
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
halibabica

Post by halibabica »

I hope you do! It's not the most complex episode, but a lot of heart went into its development.
HamsterZerg
True Pacifist or bust.
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Oh, don't mind me. I'm just contacting you from the distant past. Carry on.

Post by HamsterZerg »

halibabica wrote: 6 years ago I don't bite, honest.
If you don't bite, then how do you eat your food?

Avatar by Skully (artwork) and bkamakaze (size). Thanks, guys!
Soma Cruz, Linkara, and Olimar for SMBX 2.0

Game King-style Story Briefs, a forum game by me
halibabica

Post by halibabica »

HamsterZerg wrote: 6 years ago If you don't bite, then how do you eat your food?
Osmosis.