(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Alice »

Bean wrote: 6 years agoBlossom Tales gives you an item that lets you walk faster, so that fixed my one gripe. Problem is that I think there are only four dungeons. It's okay, but again, it's got stiff competition on a system that already has quite a few Zelda-like games on it already. In its own bubble, the game is all right at best. I'll probably beat it by this weekend and that'll be that.
I didn't dislike the game but between the ridiculously slow walk speed when it released and the fact it just wasn't able to really keep my attention for whatever reason, I never actually even got to the second dungeon before losing interest. I really don't get why so many games have the player moving at such a glacial pace. It's one of the biggest flaws in Stardew Valley too and the entire reason I started using mods for the game.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Alice wrote: 6 years agoI didn't dislike the game but between the ridiculously slow walk speed when it released and the fact it just wasn't able to really keep my attention for whatever reason, I never actually even got to the second dungeon before losing interest. I really don't get why so many games have the player moving at such a glacial pace. It's one of the biggest flaws in Stardew Valley too and the entire reason I started using mods for the game.
Yeah. I just beat the game now. The fourth and final dungeon was long, but it kept repeating certain types of puzzles, another one of the game's flaws. Final boss was a joke with the lightning spell you get midway through that dungeon, and I finally just said whatever and chugged an invincibility potion to make it even easier right at the end.

It does nothing real bad outside of the slow moving speed, but it's just a whatever game even when you get faster. If you want a 2D-like Zelda fix, I'd say to go with Ittle Dew 2 instead.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago Blossom Tales gives you an item that lets you walk faster, so that fixed my one gripe. Problem is that I think there are only four dungeons. It's okay, but again, it's got stiff competition on a system that already has quite a few Zelda-like games on it already. In its own bubble, the game is all right at best. I'll probably beat it by this weekend and that'll be that.
As someone who loves basically any Zelda-like game, I had a similar opinion. The game was pretty good for the most part, but I felt that a lot of the design was a bit mediocre. This is especially apparent at the endgame - for instance, the final dungeon has a puzzle gimmick that could be really cool, but the implementation is dull and never takes off, so you have a couple of “ehh” rooms that use it. The last boss is a bit of a joke as well.

I really love the ice section’s music though, so there’s at least something in the game that left a super positive impression on me.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Started up Poi: Explorer Edition on the Switch. It's an indie 3D platformer that is definitely taking its cues from Mario 64 & Sunshine. The first main island you go to is very reminiscent of Bianco Hills, and the two main characters totally stole plumber boy's triple jump and somersault moves. Saw a video of it a while back, and my bro had picked it up on his own, so I figured I'd give it a shot. It's all right so far, but I am pretty early in.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

started Fe yesterday, nice little 3D platformer/exploration/metroidvania-y game. with cute animals. that you can sing to! the most important thing for a game to have
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Poi is pretty fun so far as I approach the halfway point. It has the variety that I was looking for while still being a competent 3D platformer.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Picked up The Disappearing of Gensokyo over the weekend during the Lunar Sale.

Having fun, but man, is it difficult.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Finished up the last bit of Poi: Explorer Edition on the Switch today. It was a mostly enjoyable, solid platformer with a couple of sticking points in the fourth and final world that took it down a little bit. Still, yeah. I give it a casual recommendation if you absolutely need to a 3D platformer to play with Odyssey out of the way.

Will I ever play Zelda or Gunvolt 2? Who knows? I don't.
Snakebite969
Absolutely No Step On Snek
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Snakebite969 »

Was trying the new balloon mode on super Mario Odyssey

It's fun, but if you're doing it in cascade kingdom, EVERYONE goes for the little area underneath the starting point

Also the OOB glitches probably work for balloon mode because there were also some balloons that appeared to be stuck 9m inside walls
Poppo wrote:Poppo! Poppo! *clickety-clank* Po! Po! Po! *clickety-clank* Po? Po... Po... Po... Pogyaaaah!!
ImageImage
BuzzNBen
First name: Ben

Post by BuzzNBen »

Snakebite969 wrote: 6 years ago Was trying the new balloon mode on super Mario Odyssey

It's fun, but if you're doing it in cascade kingdom, EVERYONE goes for the little area underneath the starting point

Also the OOB glitches probably work for balloon mode because there were also some balloons that appeared to be stuck 9m inside walls
Same. I find the new balloon mode super fun and entertaining. However, I think Nintendo false advertised it... Like, it feels less like a "hide and seek" game and more like speed running , which is actually great.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

My brother was kind enough to let me borrow his PS4, so I'm playing Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and GTA V right now.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago My brother was kind enough to let me borrow his PS4, so I'm playing Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and GTA V right now.
How is The Lost Legacy so far?
I've been wondering if I should get it.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

BurntTenda wrote: 6 years agoHow is The Lost Legacy so far?
I've been wondering if I should get it.
Now I haven't played Uncharted 4 yet, but TLL's pretty fun. Chapter 4 (I think there are 9 in total) is this more wide open area with many sub-locations to explore and stuff to find. Don't know how you'd find it all without a guide, but yeah, it was pretty neat. The rest of the game has been the standard story, platformy, and shooty stuff the series is known for. I'm enjoying it more than UC3 at the very least.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

SAJewers wrote: 6 years ago Picked up The Disappearing of Gensokyo over the weekend during the Lunar Sale.

Having fun, but man, is it difficult.
...and done. Was, fun, albeit not easy (obviously :P)

Might try NG+ after this.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I've been playing Cyberdimension Neptunia: 4 Goddesses Online. It's pretty interesting but has some really annoying design decisions. Most notably ranged attacks are garbage. I've been primarily playing as Nepgear who's a mage. Her attacks have a range about 5x her height or so which is actually incredibly short. But on top of that there's another issue with ranged attacks. Until their corpses disappear, which takes way more time than necessary since they complete their current action before dying to begin with (another stupid as hell design decision, nothing like killing an enemy then taking a bunch of damage because it's now effectively invincible until the end of its action), they are completely solid and have hitboxes a lot bigger than they look like they should. So if you have a group of enemies in one spot, you'll keep attacking and hitting the same one until it's dead and its corpse disappears. A minor annoyance in wide open spaces but if you're in a cramped narrow corridor this can easily result in you being unable to actually harm enemies for ~10 seconds after killing one.

Past those issues though it's interesting, if a little on the easy side. (I've put almost no effort into defense, with Nepgear being a mage equipped with a gem that gives +50% or +75% int and -25% or 50% def yet I almost always stand in one place and tank bosses despite providing at leats 50% of the damage of my entire party and thus always getting the boss' focus.) I was expecting it to play worse in the conversion from turn-based rpg like the Re;Birth games to an action rpg.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

The cool thing about replaying GTA V is that I don't need to pay attention to the cutscenes and their sophomoric writing. The gameplay's still great. I really enjoy this map a lot.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Got done with most of the side goals about 1/3 of the way through GTA V. The Knife Flights were way easier this time around since I understood how to keep the plane stable. It's almost time to go flying through the story now.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I finished Ven's part of the story in Birth by Sleep.
The last part of the final boss was a little confusing.
I also started Aqua's story. She feels pretty fun to play so far.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

I've been playing Monster Hunter World since it released. Nothing else.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Should finish GTA V's main story by the end of the week at the pace I'm on. 83% now.
The Hero Hartmut
First name: Garreth

Post by The Hero Hartmut »

Currently going through Master Mode of Breath of the Wild. I've managed to beat the Middle Trials of the Trial of the Sword so far, and I genuinely don't understand how there are people who are capable of doing the same but without taking damage. The Final Trials shouldn't be as hard, since they largely revolved around environment hazards rather than strong enemies, but, well, I guess I'll see how much I remember when I get to that.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

And 100% in GTA V again. It's not too bad to do in this one compared to other games. Even went through and did all the single player goals this time around. No online for the PS4 right now, so I think I'm done with that. Back to Uncharted and video editing, I suppose!
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

I got Kirby Star Allies today, and man is this game so much fun! I played it with 3 friends and we all had a blast. The friend system is unique, the levels are fun, and the abilities (Combined and new) are all so much fun to use!
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I finished Aqua's story and the final episode.
Not sure if I want to try to beat the secret bosses or not.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I quickly went through Super Mario Advance (SMB2 remake) to unlock the extra mode. I think I'm going to record that soon and do a quick series on it, but man, this game feels way more floaty than the NES or All-Stars game. The smaller screen hurts it a bit, too, since that means less room to see during climbing segments and more camera scrolls that can put you in harm's way.