(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by BurntTenda »

Alice wrote: 6 years ago
BurntTenda wrote: 6 years agoI have finished all of the quests and all but one of the endings of Nier Automata.
It is really an amazing game. The soundtrack is perfect.
Ending E is hard, though.
Some of it is infuriatingly unclear though. I ended up dropping the game awhile back because a quest seemed totally broken. I picked it back up the other day and just chose to ignore that quest and advance things normally. I finally managed to encounter the enemies I was supposed to encounter on that quest on a totally different quest. then ended up getting stuck because I don't appear to have any storyline quests left at the moment. There's like 12 quests in my log but only 4-5 are actually active, with the rest being completed and just randomly being left in my active quest log for some reason, and the ones I do have active are all blatantly unimportant side quests. (For reference this is a bit after your first encounter with A2.)

Speaking of endings, the mackerel quest was a good one. I really wasn't expecting a quest to literally cause you to game over...
Yeah, I can agree with some quests being pretty unclear.
It's a pretty buggy game when it comes to side quests at the very least.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Flying through The Sacred Stones now, but it might be my least favorite to date. I just don't care much about the characters in this one at all. The map battles are okay, but I think Awakening easily did them better. Plus, I've never been a big fan of fog of war missions in stuff like Advance Wars, but if you lose a unit here, they're gone for good. You have to take those missions slow, and that's not really fun. Nope.

It's an okay game, but it just feels like a blah entry after the previous GBA entry.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

BurntTenda wrote: 6 years agoYeah, I can agree with some quests being pretty unclear.
It's a pretty buggy game when it comes to side quests at the very least.
At least I don't have to complain about performance issues unlike most people strangely enough. Though once I decided to try out that one mod (its name escapes me at the moment) that was made specifically to address those issues I suddenly started getting worse performance which was kinda hilarious. I think that has more to do with running at a significantly higher resolution though which makes sense.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I beat that Fire Emblem game I was playing. It just never really picked up in terms of plot or fun characters. It was an okay game, but it's currently my least favorite entry of the five main ones I've played in the series to this point (FE7, Echoes, Awakening, Shadow Dragon, and now Sacred Stones in that order).

I think that ends my FE kick for now. Four games in a row of one series is my limit, and two of those four were really long. Yeah, I'm good.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Started up Steamworld Dig 2 on a whim. Never played the original, and I'm not far enough in to have an opinion on it.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Bean wrote: 6 years agoStarted up Steamworld Dig 2 on a whim. Never played the original, and I'm not far enough in to have an opinion on it.
I need to get around to finishing this one. It's a lot better than the first though. The first wasn't bad at all but mobility options were really limited compared to the second one. Also having at least a little more than simply a shop on the surface is an improvement.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

It takes a bit to get going in Steamworld Dig 2, but when you start getting deeper into the game and earn certain upgrades that make both mining and mobility easier, it's fun enough. That's my take on the game now that I'm a little more than five hours in.
BuzzNBen
First name: Ben

Post by BuzzNBen »

Well, after giving up with replaying Dream Team (because I'm literally soft locked in one of the areas), I decided to replay Bowser's Inside Story.
Not my favorite in the Mario and Luigi series, but for some reason the most nostalgic.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

So much for being off the Fire Emblem kick. I decided to download Heroes on my phone. Game made a very nice first impression by giving me a 5* gold Lyn as my first ever summon. It was one that I could choose, but I wasn't expecting it to be the highest rated one right off the bat.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago So much for being off the Fire Emblem kick. I decided to download Heroes on my phone. Game made a very nice first impression by giving me a 5* gold Lyn as my first ever summon. It was one that I could choose, but I wasn't expecting it to be the highest rated one right off the bat.
Then prepare to meet her and another certain horse mage in arena a lot (along with some dragons). She's that good.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

jayScribble wrote: 6 years agoThen prepare to meet her and another certain horse mage in arena a lot (along with some dragons). She's that good.
I wound up losing in the last stage of the arena because I didn't focus on my competition. Two dancers and an unbelievably overpowered Ike got to Lyn, and she's my only standout unit. That was a small bummer, but the game is fun enough for a mobile title. At least it isn't a match three game like a lot of titles are and actually somewhat adheres to the series' rules.

Funnily enough, I don't think I've seen her as an opponent yet!
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

Bean wrote: 6 years agoI wound up losing in the last stage of the arena because I didn't focus on my competition. Two dancers and an unbelievably overpowered Ike got to Lyn, and she's my only standout unit. That was a small bummer, but the game is fun enough for a mobile title. At least it isn't a match three game like a lot of titles are and actually somewhat adheres to the series' rules.

Funnily enough, I don't think I've seen her as an opponent yet!
The game is overall fun (and generally very faithful to the Fire Emblem series mechanics and quirks), and I've been addicted to it since launch. Just don't get discouraged from losses in arena from common metagame units, especially if your arena team is at it's strongest.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

jayScribble wrote: 6 years agoThe game is overall fun (and generally very faithful to the Fire Emblem series mechanics and quirks), and I've been addicted to it since launch. Just don't get discouraged from losses in arena from common metagame units, especially if your arena team is at it's strongest.
Only thing that is even slightly frustrating about this game is trying to get the summon you want. I'm trying to unlock either version of Eirika since her actor runs the one board I'm on.
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

Bean wrote: 6 years agoOnly thing that is even slightly frustrating about this game is trying to get the summon you want. I'm trying to unlock either version of Eirika since her actor runs the one board I'm on.
That's just the nature of a Gacha game. Sometimes they gotcha wanting you to pull more to get what you want: I've admitted to spending some money for this game to get what I want (which is more than a few times).

Just be thankful that normal Eirika is available at 4 Stars, with the 58% rate of pulling 4 stars. The pull rates were worse in the past (among many other features that weren't available in the past. No map previews, 50 stamina cap, no start of map unit position switching, no skill inheritance, no sacred seals and weapon refinery, healers with fixed numbers healing and weapons under 10 might... Looking back, it was the worst at launch).
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

I quit FE Heroes at the Book 2 update. Seemed like a good time to escape.

Anyway, Monster Hunter World has eaten me.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I've already beaten Book II, but I'm working on finishing up the main story now. I'm also noticing that the characters I'm voting for in this contest thing on the official site are suddenly starting to show up for summons. I had Palla before a double came in, Chrom, and now Caeda. Guess I'll vote Eirika tonight and see if I can finally get her to show up before that summon set ends. I'm just voting for favorite characters or the ones that helped me through their respective games the most anyway. That means Alm, Lucina, Sophia (never played that one, but she looks cool), and someone else will round out my nine picks.

Don't know what I'll play after this is beaten. Maybe I'll go back to Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Was having fun with it before I stopped.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Oh, you can't really beat Fire Emblem Heroes yet as the story just cuts off when it was getting a bit interesting. Oops! Guess that makes sense as it is a free to play game, and they add chapters as they go. Anyhoo, that's four days in a row now where the character I voted for in that Hero Rises poll showed up. Unlocked the magic form of Eirika, and that was the one I voted for. Hope that luck continues!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Finished my initial playthrough of the Shadow of the Colossus remake for PS4. Man, the game was already beautiful on PS2/3 but they really went all out with the visuals. And the lack of HUD makes it look even better.

I'm considering whether or not I want to do 100% achievements, which I did once before on the PS3 remaster.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King is not winning me over like a lot of other Zelda-like games I've played in the last year or two. It's lacking that certain punch to it, and the movement is a bit on the slow side.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

I've started to replay The Legendary Starfy after like... 5 years of me finishing my first save. Enjoying what I'm replaying so far!
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I just finished the hold Complex Complex. It's a semi-official hold that is part of the timeline for DROD. AND GEEZ WAS IT HARD. It took over a month to beat it. Yeesh.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I did all the normal mode time trials in Shadow of the Colossus, then I switched to hard mode to get all the hard mode time trials done and now my normal mode save with all my times is gone so I guess I just get to do those all again. Great.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Played through iconoclasts. Solid game overall, gameplay wasn't very impressive but the story & style were cool, though the ending felt a bit awkward/rushed. Still have some extra stuff to find for 100% completion though
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Blossom Tales gives you an item that lets you walk faster, so that fixed my one gripe. Problem is that I think there are only four dungeons. It's okay, but again, it's got stiff competition on a system that already has quite a few Zelda-like games on it already. In its own bubble, the game is all right at best. I'll probably beat it by this weekend and that'll be that.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Currently streaming Ori and the Blind Forest. Beautiful game, but it makes me sad :c
That crazy voice dude