(shouting)

Mario Land 3: Wario Land - FINAL - Dinar

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Chaoxys
Shocking, it's it?

Re: Mario Land 3: Wario Land - Peso

Post by Chaoxys »

In the upcoming train level, if you duck jump onto the checkpoint, stand, then jump, you go to a "secret" room. That said, I wouldn't suggest going to it.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: Mario Land 3: Wario Land - Taka

Post by Alice »

raocow, you joke about a war between the US Postal Service and the executive branch of our government but considering who the leader of the executive branch of our government it quickly stops being funny because you realize he's stupid and petty enough to actually do something that idiotic.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

Alice wrote: 6 years ago raocow, you joke about a war between the US Postal Service and the executive branch of our government but considering who the leader of the executive branch of our government it quickly stops being funny because you realize he's stupid and petty enough to actually do something that idiotic.
Don't forget how Republican politicians in general fetishize the idea of privatizing the postal service so they can hand their buddies at FedEx and UPS some big fat government contracts (also some nonsense about how removing the biggest competitor of those companies will totally spur innovation and lower the cost to customers, because...???).
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Moving on...

The Mario Land series just kind of gets bigger with every game, huh?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Veruchai
Theoretically invisible

Post by Veruchai »

I neglected to mention this earlier but those ghosts are totally the same keyghost from Wario Land 4.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

He didn't say a war, he said a torrid love affair. I'm pretty sure there's a difference between those two things?
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

raocow, that boss is not remotely difficult, you just cray. Such crayity is further witnessed by the fact that the first time one of those ghosts appeared way back in Mt. Teapot, you specifically demoed the fact that they're woefully easy to destroy in such a way suggesting you were well aware of this ahead of time, yet here wonder whether it's at all possible to harm them at all. Perhaps we've been watching this series backwards all along.

Also, I think it's possible that the "football" is meant to be a cowrie shell, but who knows?
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

The football is likely meant to be a football given the treasure that comes two treasures after it.

(Disclaimer: I haven't actually watched today's video yet due to AGDQ)
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

I miss when raocow said "hey there everyone" instead of "heythrvyun" :'(
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Bean
Yep.

Re: Mario Land 3: Wario Land - Shilling

Post by Bean »

I always liked moving vehicle levels in video games. I've said it before, but I can't think of a bad train level in any game that's average or better. Wario Land has a decent handful of them.
SpoonyBardOL

Re: Mario Land 3: Wario Land - Shilling

Post by SpoonyBardOL »

Whew, it's a good thing raocow went ahead and found that narrow pit to the treasure and didn't backtrack to the start of the stage for that garlic pot, he would've found he couldn't butt-stomp that block anyway because it's right under a ladder. Holding down to stomp would've made Wario grab the ladder instead.

At least, I'm 99% sure that's what would've happened. I guess now we'll never know for sure!
Grounder

Re: Mario Land 3: Wario Land - Kwanza

Post by Grounder »

real money type thing
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Some of these worlds just fly by. That was definitely my favorite to see so far.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

raocow, when you finish Diderot, you should take another journey to the 18th century in the company of a different D.D. and read Captain Singleton, where you will find pirates engaging in many un-pirate-like (at least by Hollywood standards) activities including that of digging gold out of the ground (or, mining).
dont wanna jihad no more
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

One More Level!
One More Level!
One More Level!

normally this ends up being a Bad Idea :tm: but in this game...
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

In case anyone forgot, the original reason Wario is invading Syrup Island (I think that's what it's called), is because he heard that Captain Syrup and his Brown Sugar Pirates stole a Gigantic gold statue of Princess Peach Toadstool. Wario plans to steal it back, and then hold it for ransom, buying himself a nice castle with the money.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

raocow wrote:I may not have gotten all money, but I got most money
Pfft. raocow, I've been playing the game recently too, and I already have over 5000 after world 4.

You don't need to grind if you actually try to get all the coins. You skipped over so many.

I believe if you pause, and then press Select 16 times, you can edit what you see in the HUD.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Bean
Yep.

Re: Mario Land 3: Wario Land - Lek

Post by Bean »

I like the lava. It's cloudy. It's like the most comfy looking lava or lava adjacent I've ever seen. Ah, I just... I just wanna get in there and rub it all up my face, but that's gonna kill me.
That is a good quote.

This final world is sorta flying right by. I don't remember the last stage from another playthrough I saw outside of the final boss, so yeah. This game is so good at times, but at others, it's just there to me. I don't know. I think I'd like it but not as much as I enjoyed SML2.
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Bandits can have beards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronja,_th ... er_(anime)

PS: In elementary/primary school I fell over the edge of a 7 foot slide and didn't break anything. Does that count? To be fair, ground is softer than mall floor.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Count Mohawk

Post by Count Mohawk »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years agoI believe if you pause, and then press Select 16 times, you can edit what you see in the HUD.
This is true. You hold down the A and B buttons and push a direction to move the cursor; left and right switches position, up and down changes the value. Hovering over the Wario head icon to the left of your lives remaining will cycle Wario's powerup staus after you unpause, with the cycle going Small -> Big -> Bull -> Jet -> Dragon -> Small.
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Sebby19 wrote: 6 years ago
raocow wrote:I may not have gotten all money, but I got most money
Pfft. raocow, I've been playing the game recently too, and I already have over 5000 after world 4.

You don't need to grind if you actually try to get all the coins. You skipped over so many.

I believe if you pause, and then press Select 16 times, you can edit what you see in the HUD.
As an example, Proton Jon, who played through the game in a pretty straight forward way like raocow,
had a bit over 8000 coins at the last level.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

raocow wrote:I gotta invest in ye olde bloody lordy
So the Blood God and Flesh Lord ARE the same entity now!

...Or at least coin bird is some kinda fusion or unholy lovechild or something.

I'mma go with that. That'd cause fewer continuity errors with the super secret a2xt2 subplot in which Nevada goes to a cultist convention and ends up getting recruited by KFC.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Kinda surprised that when the big Peach Statue (the whole reason Wario is here) is taken away by Mario, Wario's only reaction is a shrug. He took it rather well! I guess getting rich off the pirates, and getting a Magic Lamp helps.

You know, if you are going to play nearly all of the Wario Land series, why noy add Virtual Bow Warioland? Its the only game worth playing on that thing.

Otherwise, I vote rao play the GB version of WarioLand II, rather than the GBC one, since the first has rather nice Super Gameboy enhancements.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: Mario Land 3: Wario Land - FINAL - Dinar

Post by Ashan »

They really should have drawn out the money tallying scene more