(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Dizzybelle
Barrel!
First name: (◕ v ◕✿)
Pronouns: she/her

Re: 2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS

Post by Dizzybelle »

pur p
ImageImageImage
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

/me wins a staring contest with a basilisk... somehow...
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Hey guys, I feel kinda funny...
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

This board is now a dedicated Hulk board with all the purple and green I've seen on here. I don't know how orange plays into this, so someone throw out a suggestion.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

So I lost power for 5 hours. that was fun.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

The hulk enjoys basketball
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Oh hey, I can change peoples' names now. 8bit just asked me to update his to what it is on Discord. And it worked. Hooray! :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I have been snowed in.
That's fun, I guess.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

BurntTenda wrote: 6 years ago I have been snowed in.
That's fun, I guess.
watch out!! whenever you're trapped somewhere by snow, someone will get murdered.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Leet wrote: 6 years agowatch out!! whenever you're trapped somewhere by snow, someone will get murdered.
Obviously solution is to murder everyone else before they can murder you.
Leet

Post by Leet »

Alice wrote: 6 years ago
Leet wrote: 6 years agowatch out!! whenever you're trapped somewhere by snow, someone will get murdered.
Well, there's usually only one murder, so if you take the initiative and murder the detective (there's always one) you've taken care of both the murder and the investigation at once.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Post by Coryman »

Alice wrote: 6 years ago
Pretty sure this is the definition of a self-fulfilling prophecy. "Every time you're snowed in, someone gets killed. Make sure it isn't you by killing someone else"
That said.... Where'd I leave my machete? Better safe than sorry
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
Nabmeonr890
shuba
First name: Zander

Post by Nabmeonr890 »

today is the day i murder my parents so that they don't die of cancer or alzheimers
unban me from smwcentral plzkthx
also wew lad
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

But I remember liking Bwarch as a mod. >_>
Nabmeonr890
shuba
First name: Zander

Post by Nabmeonr890 »

thank you BYTM
unban me from smwcentral plzkthx
also wew lad
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago But I remember liking Bwarch as a mod. >_>
Counterpoint: Bwarch was - and presumably still is - a fookin wiener
Leet

Post by Leet »

even though i liked the products of the old bytm/alex2/etc. era talkhaus (like ASMT and Talkhaus Sings the Lullaby) it's a much less stressful place now

bwarch is cool
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

I personally never found it that stressful outside of incessant debates/criticism on talkhaus projects, but a lot more laid back than now. *shrug*

Also Argu for best mod
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I was fine with Bwarch as a user, but he wasn't a good moderator.
I don't remember the situation entirely but I recall he edited one of my posts so I edited it back and then he edited it again and locked me from editing my own post.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Bwarch is a cool guy, but there's an archived thread that gives a pretty good overview of how controversial his moderation was. It's kind of a mess because posts were deleted and moved around between several threads, but you can still get a pretty good idea of what was going on from what's left.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14376

gah editing posts on this phone is the worst why can't I just tap a spot and type there? NOPE, it's gotta start adding text in the middle of some other spot and randomly deleting other parts and I guess this is also a ventpost now whoops back on the laptop

For those who don't care to read through the whole 5 pages, it's pretty much:

Bwarch: Some people are saying I'm a bad mod so I made this poll to see whether I should step down
Group 1: I like Bwarch as a person but as a mod he's controlling, manipulative and isn't open to criticism
Bwarch: As a mod it's my job to control the quality of the forums and I say I'm completely justified in my actions
Group 1: See this is what we were talking about
Group 2: We haven't been paying attention/don't really care. Everyone makes mistakes, you're alright Bwarch
Bwarch: Yeah forget the poll, I don't really care about what you guys think. I'm just gonna keep doing things the same way
Last edited by Rixithechao 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Post by Coryman »

I wasn't really here for any of that? So? That's a thing?
Just looking at the word "moderator" though... It basically means someone who moderates, and moderate just means not extreme, so like... A moderator is someone who keeps things from going too out of control. I personally think doing much more than that is kinda unnecessary and a little oppressive?
But again I don't know the context of anything, so...

On a happier note- the mac n cheese I mentioned in the shoutbox is super good the next day, so I might just buy like 7 servings of it every Wednesday and keep my fridge stocked with it
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
Leet

Post by Leet »

Buuut, don't forget that bwarch actually was demoted (I don't remember whether it was by volition or not) shortly after that, because everyone thought the idea of a "fake poll" was pointlessly dramatic. The number of old users who were later banned is completely unconnected, because they were all banned long after bwarch was no longer a mod. So I think it's misleading to mention that fact in a summary of events.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Ah, yeah, that was a poorly-thought inclusion. I'll go ahead and edit that out of the post.

I didn't mean to suggest Bwarch banned them himself or anything like that, it was mainly just to pre-emptively acknowledge an elephant in the room kinda thing of the only opposition on the first page being from banned users. Not that I'm defending any of them with regards to why they were banned, but I do agree that said bans are irrelevant to the thread and I believe their evidence and accusations should be given fair consideration and not discounted simply because of their ban status and/or reputation.

idk, there was probably a much simpler way to say all this
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

It's just water under the bridge at this point anyway. Almost all of those users are gone in one form or another, and the ones that stuck around probably didn't care enough or didn't pay attention to the drama in the first place. I'm in that second group of being very inattentive.