(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Paragraph

Re: Mega Man IV - A Rock Ballade of Love

Post by Paragraph »

bb do you want to stand on my cannon so you can shoot into my face more easily

also: the original MMIV music is so God damn good, it's been stuck in my ear all day!
FusionWarrior
Super Sayian Mewtwo Genetic Freak
First name: Jon
Pronouns: Anything Goes

Post by FusionWarrior »

My theory: Wily Machine needed to breathe in for rapid ventilation due to overheating. That was his downfall.
ImageImage
raocow wrote:dragon ain't having any of my frosted flakes, that's how I feel
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

So the idea with Wily there is to stay on the left side of the screen since things will start scrolling right once he's dropped that second bomb. Checkpoints are pretty generous, but man, you cut it way close on the refights. Other than that, great game. Let's go finish off the NES stuff.
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Wow, I've never seen Mega Man 4 GB before, but it had some serious productions values! Those cutscenes and the ending were really impressive!
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

So I got a bit behind on the videos and finally caught up now.
Man, what is up with the Gameboy games having all the creativity and branching out? Like, so much of this had some real attention to detail. The level design, the short little custom cartoon animations, some interesting Wily bosses like the wall from yesterday's video, and even that cool little cutscene at the end with Mega Man breaking through the barriers. As raocow pointed out, they emulated the player reaction of realizing there were a bunch of walls so he eventually just always keeps his charge going. That's such a great little detail. Then seemingly some cutscene with Ballade self-destructing to blow up the wall, causing Mega Man to be sucked out into the vacuum of space. Like I can't remember ANYTHING that interesting in any of the NES games. I basically remember the premise of each of the main series games, and that's it. Clearly there was more creative leeway given to the Gameboy team, and it shows.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Lack of credits is unfortunately typical of contract development back in a day with clauses often preventing having a credits list. It's known that Kouji Murata was involved in sound (music, sound effects, and so on), but that's about it.

Only the credits list for the first Game Boy game is known - thanks to Canadian government. I'm not kidding.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

My favorite part was you making fun of the first three credits fights and the game turning around and clowning you with how to flawlessly deal with Ring Man. It was such a wonderful "oh YEAH buddy??? well how about THIS".
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Thanks for reminding me of one of my favourite songs.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Grounder

Re: Mega Man 6 - The World Warrior Turbo Rush Champion Edition

Post by Grounder »

Parts of Wind Man's theme sound like Karma Chameleon.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

You mentioned how people forget about this one, but Capcom's the main reason for that. I mean, Nintendo of America had to publish it over here, and poor Europe didn't get this game until two decades after it came out! And of course, it's a 1993 NES game in a world where SNES vs. Genesis was the thing. We rented MM2-MM5 a few times here, but I don't remember MM6 ever being a thing at Blockbuster.

All that said, I kind of like this one in some ways considering that they basically had a B-Team on it of sorts. The weapons are also kind of underrated since they do a lot more than MM5's ever did, but most people will probably never know since the buster's still overpowered, and you'll be doing plenty of pause screen switching for other things in this game later on.

It looks and sounds nice, but it's got a couple of things that are off. Try to jump out of a slide like you do in any other Mega Man game with a slide to see what I mean. That's a lot of words for a game I only slightly like more than Mega Man 5. Ha-ha.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I did Wind Man first, and as seen here, he's not very hard.

I appreciate that unlike Dust Man and Magnet Man, his suction move doesn't make him invincible. That was so annoying, it didn't serve any function other than dragging the battles out.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

One disadvantage of your usual "reverse boss order" dealie is that you won't get either Rush adapter until late in the cycle. You'll also have to backtrack for a couple things later, since you won't have the tools to reach them initially, as a result.

Oh well. :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
FusionWarrior
Super Sayian Mewtwo Genetic Freak
First name: Jon
Pronouns: Anything Goes

Post by FusionWarrior »

Blue wrote: 6 years ago Yeah, Windman is supposed to be the Chinabot.

China's actual super fighting robot has nothing to do with wind, though.
Of course it's

Son Wukong

ImageImage
raocow wrote:dragon ain't having any of my frosted flakes, that's how I feel
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

Man that song is good. A shame nothing else for the rest of the game will top it.

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years ago Man that song is good. A shame nothing else for the rest of the game will top it.
Is this one of those lies like "the music in MM4 is terrible"?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote: 6 years ago
Kilgamayan wrote: 6 years ago Man that song is good. A shame nothing else for the rest of the game will top it.
Is this one of those lies like "the music in MM4 is terrible"?
Well, there are a couple I like more, but Wind Man's theme really is one of the higher points in a pretty good soundtrack.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer

Post by Kilgamayan »

I never lie.

(I also don't know who told you the MM4 music is terrible, but it certainly wasn't me! Because that would indeed be a lie.)

EDIT: FWIW I would say

Wind > Blizzard > Wily Stage > Flame > Mr X Stage > Tomahawk > Plant > Final Boss > Knight > Regular Boss > Yamato > Centaur

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

I'm honestly not sure if raocow was just making a joke or if he legitimately misread it, but for information's sake,
Centaur Man has a "Dry Battery".
Kincyr
HONK!

Post by Kincyr »

when raocow gets to Mega Man V for the Game Boy (Rockman World 5), does he plan on having his emulator run it in Super Game Boy mode?
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

The thing about Centaur Man's time freeze is that his bullets will miss you if you're in the middle of the arena (or even further from the wall he shoots). Of course, due to his warping it's not always easy to place yourself, but you can always evade the damage from his time-freeze if you're prepared for it.

As to why his stage is the water stage... well, I kind of remember Poseidon being god of not just the sea, but also horses. Maybe that's their reasoning? Or maybe they just wanted a water stage, I don't know.

Also, it's kind of weird that you can safely jump over Centaur Man, who you'd expect to be pretty tall being a horse with a humanoid torso on top, but you can't jump over Knight Man, Tomahawk Man or Blizzard Man.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

All right. That explanation of why Windman is weak to Centaur Flash was some of the most amazing "Insane Troll Logic" I've ever heard. It was absolutely magnificent. :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Oh, so that's what a dry battery was. For some reason I thought that it meant he was powered by an empty battery, which would fit with his "unknown power" and mythology theme.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Kincyr wrote: 6 years ago when raocow gets to Mega Man V for the Game Boy (Rockman World 5), does he plan on having his emulator run it in Super Game Boy mode?
Not sure, but he should be able to.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

not sure what 18c talks about, but after beating eight robot masters, you can revisit their stages all you like and get BEAT letters, just checked that

of course, as long you don't press this "Mr. X" button, but why would you do that?