(shouting)

My Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Randomizer Project (ongoing)

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

My Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Randomizer Project (ongoing)

Post by Clamestarebla »

Greetings all of you PMD fans out there,

Following a conversation me,meta and zyglrox had God knows how much time ago in Skypehaus, I have decided start working on a randomizer for PMD: Red, Blue, Darkness, Time and Sky. Obviously enough, it is going to take a long time and I just wanted to make this thread so I can show how it's doing. Now, I'm sure you're DYING to know what features it could have, here's what I've got planned:

Planned features:
-Starter Pokemon Randomizer (could potentially cause slight issues due to limited portraits)
-Partner Pokemon Randomizer (again, portrait stuff)
-Dungeon Pokemon Randomizer
-Recruit rates shuffler
-Moveset shenanigans
-Items Randomizer
-Evolution Enhancer/Bringer of Anarchy
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Re: My Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Randomizer Project (ongoing)

Post by pholtos »

What will you do about the cutscenes? I found that if your partner isn't one of the ones set the game sort of hangs at the point when they have one of those poses/the poke turns invisible.

Edit: This was in red.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

pholtos wrote:What will you do about the cutscenes? I found that if your partner isn't one of the ones set the game sort of hangs at the point when they have one of those poses/the poke turns invisible.

Edit: This was in red.
That is why I wrote that it could lead to problems. I'll try and see if there can be a fix for that though.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

I think I'm going to check this thread often for updates.

PMD has always been part of my childhood (thanks to my brother) and it would certainly be cool to let the luck decide my character, companions and attacks.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Clamestarebla wrote:-Starter Pokemon Randomizer (could potentially cause slight issues due to limited portraits)
-Partner Pokemon Randomizer (again, portrait stuff)
Is that referring to Time/Darkness/Sky or do you plan on taking the portraits from them and hacking them into Red/Blue or something? Because Red/Blue at least work fine even if they can't find a portrait for the pokémon you're using, the problem is when it tries loading some animations used in the cutscenes and doesn't find them. Should be a fairly simple matter to just make the game not do the animations, or at least I'd assume so.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote: Should be a fairly simple matter to just make the game not do the animations, or at least I'd assume so.
Hmm. That could work. I'll keep that idea in mind.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Also if you haven't already found the tables for the starters and partners in Red 82004894xxxx is the gameshark code to change your starter and 82004896xxxx is for your partner, with xxxx being the 16-bit hex value for the pokémon getting put in there. Not 100% sure how the formatting works on gameshark codes, but if I'm not mistaken the 82 means it's modifying a RAM address, making 004894/6 the addresses for starter/partner (or some representation thereof, at the very least). Assuming that to be the case you can probably work backward from there fairly easily to find the tables if I have any idea what I'm talking about.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Well, well, well.
I will be lurking the fuck out of this thread. Image
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Although I cannot 100% confirm anything at the moment, I believe I have found what dungeon data tables look like. I've found a pattern in the HEX file that has been half confirmed by the profiler. I say half confirmed because I have to verify with other dungeons. SO GOTZ TO PLAY PMD:RRT AGAIN YOZ.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

I rather play Explorer Team Sky.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

was that a necessary comment

I think in this case, starting with RRT would be the easiest option since it's on the weaker, more-easily-understood system. Though maybe he could move on to EOS after this is more or less 'perfected'?

Anyway, back to lurking.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Blivsey wrote:was that a necessary comment
Of course not
I think in this case, starting with RRT would be the easiest option since it's on the weaker, more-easily-understood system. Though maybe he could move on to EOS after this is more or less 'perfected'?
I plan on doing RRT first as a proof of concept then move on to EoS, then T/D and probably do BRT when I feel like it.

Also, both the Nintendo DS and the Gameboy Advance use an ARM CPU (different versions iirc but they still both use it) and the GBA also uses a THUMB CPU (what I'm trying to say is that they use similar coding). Additionally, the GBA has 2 extra modes that the DS lack; CGB and DMG. The first is used for Gameboy Colour games while the latter is used for monochrome games. So even if you could fit a GB game in the GBA slot of the DS, it is extremely unlikely that it could run it.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Update! Impossible, I know.

So since I've lost all files I had a short while back, I have to start from scratch again.
Fortunately, since I had quite a bit of progress already made, it shouldn't take too long to come back
to where I was.

I'll start working on this project seriously again once I'm done with a ultra top-secret project and the holiday season will be over

Hopefully I'll try to post more often on the progress I'm making than before all my files were lost in the great abyss of accidental disk formatting.
ThePokeChamp2002

Post by ThePokeChamp2002 »

Hey, I know this thread is already like 3 years old, but I wanted to ask if this is still ongoing since the title still says ongoing. I am looking for a mystery dungeon randomizer tool for a long time that is not an explorers of time, because I already played it. I looked at this thread and for me it was promising. I really would love to play like a randomizer explorers of time/darkness too and also red/blue rescue team. Hopefully you are stull working on this project and hopefully it is already almost done. I read your post about everything being deleted but I just hope this project is still ongoing. Thnx in advance :D