(shouting)

Mega Man - We're Here Forever!

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Mega Man 5 - Light vs. Dark

Post by Voltgloss »

I only wish raocow had shown off how *both* parts of the final battle are weak to this game's gimmick weapons/items. By which I mean, the Skull Tank's weakness is the Super Arrow.
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Mega Man 5's final boss theme is noticeably longer and a bit more complex than the other final boss themes taking around a minute and 8 seconds to fully loop, compared to 4's 11 second and 6's 27 second loop. Even Mega Man 7's final boss theme loops after just 30 seconds.

Speaking of which, I wonder why they decided to have final boss themes instead of just a general Wily stage boss theme? It certainly makes that last fight stand out more, but it leads to this weird sense of fatigue in a longer game like Mega Man 5, where you hear the same boss song around 20 times.

In fact, Mega Man 4 has 2 stage themes for both Dr. Cossack and Dr. Wily, yet this game only had one for the Dark Man stages and one for the Wily stages. It's a weird oversight for this game considering how well-made it normally felt. Maybe that's why they made the final boss theme so long?

I think Mega Man 6 does that as well, but don't quote me on that.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
xnamkcor

Post by xnamkcor »

Not only did they reenact the Sonic 2 ending, they also finished it off with the SMB1 ending.
You cannot add yourself to the friends list.
You cannot add yourself to the foes list.
Bean
Yep.

Re: Mega Man III - Super Challenge Rockman World

Post by Bean »

What an introduction there, huh? At least you know what to expect from this game from here on out for the most part. This game has some long jumps and tight fits. Guess after MMII, they wanted a harder game. You're going to get one. Funnily enough, though, it's the stages that are the tough thing here. Many bosses are almost an afterthought since you have a charge shot now that deals a few bars of damage per shot.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

first of all: wow, this blows the production value of all other gameboy games out of the water. In fact it's pretty much on par with the nes games, just without the colour.
I'm pretty sure you won't be saying that after playing Mega Man IV and V :).

Like, perhaps a bit of a spoiler, but Mega Man III is simply a good game, definite improvement from I and II. However, IV and V are best games in the classic series IMO. Yes, I mean it, they are that good.
Kilgamayan
Happy Birthday, Schwer
First name: Rabi~En~Roll

Post by Kilgamayan »

Oh boy, nostalgia time! This game will forever be near and dear to my heart since it was the first Mega Man I ever played. Even if Dive Man's stage and Dust Man's stage can eat seven entire asses.
Image Please interact Image

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Those jumps are, indeed, jumps.

Also I adore that weapon get music. It's SO GOOD.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Here's the bingo card for the upcoming Megaman 30th anniversary livestream.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Shadow Man's level is noticeably easier than the NES original (including the boss!) and a good starting point for MMIII. The weapon's obviously also still really good.

I'm pretty sure that you couldn't switch out of Spark Shot to hit the stunned enemy in MM3, so that's an improvement right here. You really shouldn't ignore the weapon, in fact - it's a godsend in some of the later levels, where the game will have no qualms about putting you right in front of an enemy after a drop and going "have fun killing this before it reaches you".
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That was a valiant first attempt at Gemini Man there. Not so much on the rest, but you won. You're totally right about the difficulty curve coming up, but it may hit sooner than you think.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I've got my Beirut ready on repeat for the upcoming 30+ minute Mega Man III Gameboy videos
FusionWarrior
Super Sayian Mewtwo Genetic Freak
First name: Jon
Pronouns: Anything Goes

Post by FusionWarrior »

Looks like a new game just got add to the C side yo.
ImageImage
raocow wrote:dragon ain't having any of my frosted flakes, that's how I feel
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Ashan wrote: 6 years ago I've got my Beirut ready on repeat for the upcoming 30+ minute Mega Man III Gameboy videos
I'm so mad beirut is just a talkhaus meme now but it's also hilarious
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Parama wrote: 6 years ago
Ashan wrote: 6 years ago I've got my Beirut ready on repeat for the upcoming 30+ minute Mega Man III Gameboy videos
I'm so mad beirut is just a talkhaus meme now but it's also hilarious
I actually do like the song, I added the album it's from to my Google Play Music library
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

leaked video from mega man iii playthrough

don't know the first thing about who you are
my heart is waiting, taken in from the start
if we don't go now, we won't get very far
don't know the first thing about who you are
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Questions. Is this series gonna include any of the Zero games? Will Megaman 11 be played at some point too? I think the series could end before 11 comes out, so I'm curious.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Truhan wrote: 6 years ago Questions. Is this series gonna include any of the Zero games?
This is specifically based around the Classic series, so no.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Grounder wrote: 6 years ago
Truhan wrote: 6 years ago Questions. Is this series gonna include any of the Zero games?
This is specifically based around the Classic series, so no.
Das what I figured. I guess the series is a little over halfway done then, which makes the MM11 question loom even harder.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Of course he's going to play it. The only question is when.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I think we're still not quite at the halfway point. He's only done five main games, the two DOS games, and two of the Gameboy games so far.

Meanwhile, we have five main games, three GB games (one of them in progress), Wily Tower, the two MM&B games, and Powered Up left to go.

I don't think we can quite calculate the exact number until we know how he's handling

the finale of MMV

. But I guess we could assume he'll handle it the way Roahm did and get a number from there.

Although, if he wants to be sure the series goes on that long, he could always play through as alternate characters. Heck, Powered Up alone would fill his schedule for a third of the year if he did.

(no, I don't think he's going to do that)
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

what is probably gonna happen is that the series will end, and when 11 is release I'll pick up from where I left off. Kinda what I did with the Shovel Knight extra missions.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

also: I'm interested in including the zero games, but this depends on one important factor I was never clear on.
Do they follow the same gameplay loop as classic and x of 'choosing from 6 to 8 duder and get a thing', with maybe an intro and a fortress segment
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

If you run out of games just transition into the Battle Network series until 11 comes out. RPGs with random encounters make great LPs.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago also: I'm interested in including the zero games, but this depends on one important factor I was never clear on.
Do they follow the same gameplay loop as classic and x of 'choosing from 6 to 8 duder and get a thing', with maybe an intro and a fortress segment
It's been quite a few years since i played them, but it wasn't quite like that if I recall correctly. You had like a hub area and an open world but it like, points you in the direction you need to go to do the next thing? Someone can correct me. I probably shouldn't be answering this at all because the more I've said the less confident I feel in my knowledge.
raocow

Post by raocow »

I guess to rephrase what I actually need to know - can you naturally divide the game up by boss encounters, so that I can divide the game in the same way I'm doing it right now.

becuase if I can, I'mma gonna do it. I'mma gonna add the x's and the zeros to ATMM (not gonna replay the first 3 xs though)