(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: pholtos smells

Post by Coryman »

It's 10:30 on a weeknight, I'm watching recorded livestreams, eating garlic on chips (a weird mix of corn and potato). Sometimes I wonder what I'm doing with my life, but then in my mind, the glorious image of Wario appears, smiling down on me, and I know I've made good choices
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

Wah
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
nothobz
of the jungle
First name: george

Post by nothobz »

i love sneaking beers from the fridge, just annoying having to replaec them becfore my dad gets home from work :oops:
Coryman

Post by Coryman »

Sometimes I wish I knew a game development team, I get so many ideas for games that I think would be so fun, but no way of making them myself.
(I have tried making games before but I never finish, and even when I do they're just mediocre)
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
rena
type 2 invested entity
First name: cat
Pronouns: spider
https://rena.talkhaus.com/

Post by rena »

Coryman wrote: 6 years ago Sometimes I wish I knew a game development team, I get so many ideas for games that I think would be so fun, but no way of making them myself.
(I have tried making games before but I never finish, and even when I do they're just mediocre)
try some unity

you can do it
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Coryman wrote: 6 years ago Sometimes I wish I knew a game development team, I get so many ideas for games that I think would be so fun, but no way of making them myself.
but if you know why they're mediocre, you can make the next one better. and so on, til you get to "pretty good". and then you keep going further
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Coryman

Re: I can't think of anything funny to put here

Post by Coryman »

Fair enough... I'll probably get unity in the summer, otherwise I'll be too busy thinking about the game to focus on my courses. Thanks for the tips/motivation!
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

I can't think of anything witty to here
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Coryman wrote: 6 years ago(I have tried making games before but I never finish, and even when I do they're just mediocre)
I constantly have to remind one of my best friends of this but of course things will start out being mediocre when you're inexperienced at something. The only way to get better is to just do it and learn from it.
Coryman

Post by Coryman »

I do genuinely appreciate the support, and I don't wanna belittle it or anything. When I have time, I do intend to give it a go, it's just some of the game concepts are super ambitious, and I'm busy enough with university. I just meant it would be nice for someone to do all the work for me, haha.
(plus knowing a proper company would help with getting it on steam or whatever, but that comes later)
aka Cthulhu
Totally not a murderous tentacle. You can trust him.

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Something amusing as I drove home today. A rather amusing/honest slogan.

It was a place that sells roast chicken. Their slogan, translated to English, states that people say their chicken isn't very good, but it'll do/better than nothing/something along those lines.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: your gay

Post by Ashan »

I'm supposed to write a work term report for the internship program I'm doing through my university at the moment.
The sample one they provided makes it seem really intimidating because it's on a weird advanced topic I don't understand, and it's also like 20 pages long. But the handbook says the length of the report doesn't matter, and it's just pass or fail.

So it's really probably not a big deal at all, and I'd like to get it started but every time I try to get started I can't think of anything to write about. I work on a social marketing product for businesses to manage their social media accounts. Today I added support for twitter's new 280 character limit. Most of my work has been wrangling CSS and adding tiny features. Like, I don't know how I'm supposed to write a whole report on this.
Coryman

Re: my gay

Post by Coryman »

Probably not at all related but I have a 6 page english paper to do, and I have no clue how I'm supposed to write anything that long when most of the prompts are... not very controversial, I guess.
Also I found out I'm failing half my courses 'cos I missed some labs, so that's fun
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: thread

Post by SAJewers »

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
rena
type 2 invested entity
First name: cat
Pronouns: spider
https://rena.talkhaus.com/

Post by rena »

Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

🤔
(Formerly Jayoshi)
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

patapon movie nights when
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

rena wrote: 6 years ago
fuck yh
Wouldn't that be "putain yeah"
That is the French equivalent of the f-word right
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol
Pronouns: she/her

Re: biggie > tupac

Post by idol »

mellonpizza wrote: 6 years ago
idol wrote: 7 years ago Image
when you buy gastrogard to treat your horse's ulcers
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Working on my voice lately. It really makes me wish when I was younger that I would've taken a drama course, but I was never confident in those days, so it would not have worked out. Now that I have a bit of positive energy in me, I feel like I'm making progress.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

...sometimes i have to question smw hacking
freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Post by freakin whatzit »

oh. hey. anything happen here lately?
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

freakin whatzit wrote: 6 years ago oh. hey. anything happen here lately?

Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Today I saw a miserable charity special and decided I should donate some money, but I wanted to make sure I did so wisely. So I looked around online and found a bunch of sites advocating 'effective altruism', which looked like what I was looking for, but then it turned out a good chunk of those guys are straight-up crazy and think humanity is gonna be consumed by artificial intelligence in some kind of Matrix scenario. Like, they'd consider donations to 'research' on this subject to be equivalent to malaria nets or nutrition or whatever.

What a time to be alive.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

I'm disappointed that there's really only two content hacks for Link's Awakening.

I know that it's technically a weaker version of A Link to the Past engine-wise, but there has to be more potential in it than this.

EDIT: Well, there is a third one, but by the reviews, it's too hard to be much fun.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage