(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

i have so many unplayed games in my backlog, but man do i need to play Need for Speed Underground 2 again, so that's what I'll be starting in the next couple days

it's been years. might be nice to do a retrospective like i did with the first Underground last year
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

GanonTEK wrote: 6 years ago I've been playing Slime Rancher.

I've lots of slimes. It's a cute game.
I don't have anything world-shattering to say in response, just that I loved that game. It is so incredibly cute. :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Kshaard »

Flipping Minesweeper.

Like, why am I even doing this. There is literally no enjoyment to be gained from it, it's completely rote once you know what you're doing, and about half the time it's impossible to win aside from pure chance. Much like the internet, actually.

Also, just finished ALBW after a couple of months spent ignoring it because I had no idea where the last two collectables were (one piece of heart and one of master ore). Who needs 100% completion anyway? I'm not sure I'd recommend spreading your playing sessions so thinly over an 11-month period. Still had plenty of fun, though.
This is someone's signature.

"I don't like that universe I just created by accident . . ."
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Monster Hunter Stories. I've never played the main series and yet I'm having a blast. I think I'll check out Monster Hunter World when it releases.
After I'm done with MHS I'm going to go back and finish the postgame of Miitopia unless Mario Odyssey comes out first.
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

Beat FF2 NES, the 4th FF I've beaten. The blood swords make the final boss so trivial. It's funny.
Back to Persona 3 I guess. Or maybe something else.
Davybot

Post by Davybot »

Alice wrote: 6 years ago
Davybot wrote: 6 years agoReally enjoying playing Steam World Dig 2
Is it as good as the original was? I wasn't expecting a sequel but I'm pretty interested in it. Only passed on it so far because I've been busy with Danganronpa V3.
Understandable, DRV3 looks great. I'd say it's just as good or even better than the original, the map is way bigger and theres a lot more power up options to customize how difficult you want so make it.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Davybot wrote: 6 years agoUnderstandable, DRV3 looks great. I'd say it's just as good or even better than the original, the map is way bigger and theres a lot more power up options to customize how difficult you want so make it.
Definitely gonna get it then. The first one wasn't perfect but I definitely enjoyed it quite a lot so I'm looking forward to this one.
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

Randomizers!
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I've completed all the official entries for MaGMML2 now. On the endgame now before the post-game stuff!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

While still in my state of limbo due to my computer, I decided to start playing the steam version of sonic adventure DX. I started by totally not cheating in a chao with 1500 in each stat to get the 5 emblems from the chao races. Afterwards, I completed Sonic's story and then proceeded to do every single emblem Sonic can do.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
aka Cthulhu
Totally not a murderous tentacle. You can trust him.

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Playing ToME/Tales of Maj'Eyal. ToME is a better name since Maj'Eyal sounds a bit too alien and not so catchy.

It's a pretty fun roguelike, and can be more forgiving compared to others. The multiple classes are nice, and they can be so different from one another that gameplay can become different depending on which class you take. Highly recommend it. Base game is free, and that alone already provides a ton.

Not quite a game, but playing Tiny Rails on my phone. Watching a train just go past is rather relaxing.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

Started playing sonic lost world for pc, so far it's... alright? Not too deep in and I hear there's some lame gimmick levels later in the game but so far the level design is mostly solid, the 2d sections kind of have issues especially with the parkour elements and it feels maybe a bit unpolished as a whole but it's leagues better than the worst sonic games

Maybe I'll hate it by the end too tho
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Keep going. I think there's a specific level where the quality just drops like a rock.

And I got the normal ending in MaGMML2 last night. Already working on the post-game stuff.
aka Cthulhu
Totally not a murderous tentacle. You can trust him.

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Still playing FTL constantly. One of the best roguelikes (or roguelike-like) I've ever played. Looking forward to Into the Breach, the second game the creators of FTL are making.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

So, picked up Mario Odyssey. They did a 10pm launch event, got some free Mario cake.
Game's pretty great so far. Definitely doesn't feel as vanilla as every other Mario game has felt for quite a while now. Controls are taking a bit of getting used to. But enjoyable so far.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

The best thing about Odyssey is that

the sick SMB Airship theme from Mario Maker is now canon

Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist

Post by Slimeman01 »

I picked up Mario Odyssey today, and oh my goodness, this game is marvelous! I've been playing non-stop since I got it and got home. No regrets at all!
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!

Post by blue_kirby »

Doki Doki Literature Club.

One of my friends recommended it to me.

It's ... interesting.
"That's embarrassing"
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

NGL I'm disappointed that Odyssey doesn't let you wander the Sand Kingdom as a

possessed cactus

Maybe that's what I want out of life.
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

blue_kirby wrote: 6 years ago Doki Doki Literature Club.

One of my friends recommended it to me.

It's ... interesting.
Yeah I love the concept but I'm sure glad I didn't actually play it myself cos jeez
warpio

Post by warpio »

Mario Odyssey makes me so happy. It's like they took the best aspects of SM64, Sunshine, Galaxy, 3D World, and Banjo-Kazooie, and made the best possible collectathon platformer ever.

It feels so satisfying to collect everything... I love that the hint system with Talkatoo works the same way as the star name hints in SM64. It doesn't give too much away but it gives you just enough of a starting point so you don't have to resort to a guide.

Also, I'll never look at the moons from SMW the same way again after this. Every time I see a moon in a SMW hack it's gonna remind me of Odyssey.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I got the true ending of MaGMML2 the other night. Great game. Kind of has moments where it wants to overstay its welcome, but that's only by choice since I wanted to do every room in the final area because that's how I do these things. Still have a couple things left, but my momentum has been ground to a halt by doing other things besides games. Hoping to start up Super Mario Odyssey or Breath of the Wild soon. It's time to get my Nintendo skills on again.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist

Post by Slimeman01 »

One thing I learned while playing today in Mario Odyssey that made me extremely happy: (SPOILERS)
Are you sure you want to continue if you havent played
Last warning my dude

I love how in the mushroom kingdom, not only is Yoshi's house finally back, but the "moons" you collect in that world make the star collection sound from Mario 64. I freaking love this, Nintendo are creative masterminds and I want to hug them all.

:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Just finished the main game of Super Mario Odyssey.
But it's looking like there's a lot of post game content, so my time with the game is far from over. I'm overall very satisfied with the game. My biggest complaints are minor nitpicks, but it's been a very fun experience, and I think I'll remember much more of this game in a few years time than I do now trying to think back to 3D World where I remember practically nothing.
raekuul
D&C 112:13
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

BN3 won't be concluding this afternoon, if only because I still have the rest of the quote-unquote boss refights to do.

Still, looking forward to having some element that isn't Elec for once.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024