(shouting)

YUMP - Yeah! UTrue MTalkhaus Production

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Re: YUMP - Yeah! UTrue MTalkhaus Production

Post by Sugar »

Honestly, I don't think raocow is prepared for "Hello... and goodbye". You see, there is a good reason why it's in postpostgame, it's like BRANCHY as in it is a puzzle level but much much much more difficult.

That said, who knows, raocow surprised me a bit in BRANCHY doing it faster than nathanisbored, and there is a solution for Hello and goodbye that allows skipping most of the level.
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

Man, this has to be one of my favourite raocow videos.
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

Wow, i really enjoyed watching this. I found it impressive how quickly raocow managed to figure out some of these sorts of solutions, and the level seemed to do what it set out to rather well.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Hello...

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Lazy_
druine
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Lazy_ »

bowsbers ice castle
hfgdhfgdh
The True Ending
While I was experimenting with putting the peach sprite in normal levels, I came up with this cutscene. I was urged to put in in YUMP, so I did.
misc:
- The final boss is commonly referred to as "bowsbers".

rao cao can do a complete tour of the ow? cause you didn't show all the authors last time. besides, I doubt you'll get much video content out of

hello and goodbye

is there an integer overflow when you become 256 years old
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

the ow is so large and meandering though
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Rockythetigre

Post by Rockythetigre »

plot twist: raocow was secretly responsible for the worst yump levels and wants to cover it up for the viewers
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

wow this level sucked

But really, congratulations on essentially completing YUMP with the minimum amount of tool usage that could be expected from a sane person, raocow.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

I guess that was that other than some one last post postgame thing but otherwise that was that. YUMP was... well. It was a thing. It exists, but it exists in like, kind of a whole other category of purposefully bad, beyond Chaos Complexx or however you spell that. There was some good-ish in there, there was some unforgivable design here and there, and it kinda is hard to pin down what exactly was meant to be the ultimate goal of this, but it exists, that much I do know. Hard to argue the validity of something existing when it's straight in front of my face.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Rockythetigre

Post by Rockythetigre »

YUMP is about learning about the world.

Yump is about educating people about music from the 90s, jazz, japanese video game music, it's educating people what's going on North Korea, it's the most political rom hack I know. It tells you the hand size of russian composers. It's telling you what can be done with the resources our world has given to us instead of relying on custom resources that are much harder to utilise.

But it has a very warning message. Don't trust the world. Don't go in pipes that could lead to you being stuck. Always expect a trap. Swallow your pride and make your life easier instead of trying to do a challenge just for you to brag in front of others about you having solved a problem the hard way instead of the easy way, realising that the other way would've been much more effective.

It succeeded in what JUMP has failed to deliver. JUMP is an utopian fantasy with fancy gimmicks and aesthetics. But YUMP is reality.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Validon98 wrote: 6 years agoit kinda is hard to pin down what exactly was meant to be the ultimate goal of this
I'd argue the "goal" was a bunch of people who know and understand level design coming together, eschewing standard design principals, and having fun making making a dumb collection of levels without any worry of things like reception.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol
Pronouns: she/her

Post by idol »

bowbsers ice castle
h

this was both simultaneously one of the first and last levels made for this project. it was made to be the last level from the start, but i only ever made half of it lol. near the end of the project i remade it in like an hour.

the previous versions were way overkill (some big gifs ahead):

version 1 first half of room 1:
version 1 second half of room 2 (this part was a nightmare):
version 1 second room (never finished:
version 2 first room:
version 2 second room:
the last hallway has a 1-up checkpoint actually, but its understandably never been gotten
and lastly yeah this is what goes on in the boss room:
thanks 4 play rao........................cow
Last edited by idol 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
RegiGiygas
listening to oingo boingo
First name: uriah
Pronouns: he/him

Post by RegiGiygas »

just gonna say, that while this level wasn't particularly amazing to watch. i had a blaaaaast playing it myself. the gameplay was just a rush of crazy the whole way. probably would've had less fun if i had ended up dying after the long log bullet generator room happened, but thankfully i didn't. also, i am the guy who considers minimal/maximal to be my favorite LCJ entry, so of course you should take my opinion with a shaker of salt. but regardless, thank you SO MUCH for make idol.
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

idol wrote: 6 years ago bowbsers ice castle
I'm kind of mad that you didn't go with this.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.

Post by Voltgloss »

Congratulations YUMP, you made the SMW equivalent of Desert Bus.
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

Observant viewers may have seen the corrupted clouds. After some research, I have found 16 particularly amusing clouds that have been generated by the bowsber machine. Feel free to tag yourself.

Fun fact: There is a 1UP checkpoint inside the long hallway. The checkpoints are on very specific screens, and there are even some checkpoints placed to mess up the order. So, when I played this, I actually had a sheet of paper in front of me that went something like: "#1- in the middle between 4th and 5th spikes. #2- right after 7th spike. #3- just before 12th spike. #4- just before 28th spike. Avoid: middle around 15th spike, middle around 18th spike".

In the boss, raocow was lucky and had a fire flower. He spammed the fireballs, and they hit the invisible Iggy koopa, which eventually fell off his platform. That is by far the easiest method. I tried to beat up Lemmy and Wendy, and it was hell.
Mosts Awards:
General_Urist

Post by General_Urist »

Well....this has been one WILD ride. And I'm not regretting going on it. We've seen the best and worst of what happens when creativity goes unhinged and unregulated, and it was spectacular! (Except for GAY SHIT. You gave raocow ptsd and that's not welcome.)
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

Rockythetigre wrote: 6 years ago YUMP is about learning about the world.

Yump is about educating people about music from the 90s, jazz, japanese video game music, it's educating people what's going on North Korea, it's the most political rom hack I know. It tells you the hand size of russian composers. It's telling you what can be done with the resources our world has given to us instead of relying on custom resources that are much harder to utilise.

But it has a very warning message. Don't trust the world. Don't go in pipes that could lead to you being stuck. Always expect a trap. Swallow your pride and make your life easier instead of trying to do a challenge just for you to brag in front of others about you having solved a problem the hard way instead of the easy way, realising that the other way would've been much more effective.

It succeeded in what JUMP has failed to deliver. JUMP is an utopian fantasy with fancy gimmicks and aesthetics. But YUMP is reality.
So YUMP is an edutainment game then? No wonder it was so bad. Kappa

Oddly, it doesn't seem like it would have taken you much longer to beat this level if you hadn't placed a savestate before "purgatory". The first room is pretty fast and it looked like you had it downpat by the end of that, and you avoided no time in purgatory by having a savestate at the start of it.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

I'm the clown cloud on row 3 column 2
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1reqzC_63zU is a solution I used for this level, but obviously not an intended one considering it ignores like 98% of a level (I wonder if Lazy is going to upload an intended solution because it is quite a thing, and I wouldn't want to link this video without author's permission).
repairmanman

Post by repairmanman »

I'm frisk from undertale, row 2 column 2
Nothing to see here
General_Urist

Post by General_Urist »

So is there anything special you get for beating H&Gb, or is it juts bragging rights?
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

you can't even technically finish it. If you touch the goal either mario walks off screen and so ends the winning animation early (meaning the stage isn't technically cleared) or the game crashes
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Lazy_
druine

Post by Lazy_ »

Hello! And... good-bye!
Inspired by Color A Dinosaur (JUMP1/2). The name is an Earthbound reference and refers to the thing that happens when you first enter the level. The message box text is taken from this.
This is a completely optional level that is only for people who are extremely experienced when it comes to SMW glitches.
The reason why you can't move the coin snake into the yoshi is because there's a decorative cloud fringe tile on top of the ground tile, which blocks the coin snake.
This is my solution:

A lot of the things I do in this video can easily be broken. Due to this, there are many, many more solutions (GlitchMr's being the one that breaks the puzzle the most). Mind you, I don't care about all the breaks. I consider this puzzle more of a "playground" where you're given a bunch of tools and a goal. How you get to the goal and using which tools is totally up to the player. I've seen multiple, totally different solutions for this puzzle and each one of them was magical.
thanks for playing, hope you had a bad time
is there an integer overflow when you become 256 years old