(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Bean
Yep.

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Bean »

Hey. Sonic Mania's fun.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

And now that I've switched from a Knux run to a co-op Sonic & Tails run, I can say that Sonic Mania's really fun. I have six emeralds already through five zones. That style of special stage clicks with me. I don't mind the half pipe stuff, but seeing that style used again is nice.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

About 11 hours into Demon's Souls so far. Made more progress so far than I ever did on any other attempt.

Just completed Shrine of Storms, only area I've beaten so far. Boletarian Palace I got stuck at the fog gate, which apparently I can now go through since I cleared a shrine (haven't checked back there yet). Stonefang Tunnel I got stuck at Flamelurker. Tower of Latria I got stuck at Maneater. And I haven't checked Valley of Defilement yet, but it's probably next on my list of places to go. I was kinda just doing the areas in order, counterclockwise.

BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I finished Uncharted 4 a second time.
I definitely think that theven game is a bit too long, but at the same time the story is very enjoyable.
I finally beat the final boss without dying, so at least I understand it now.
I might eventually play through on the Crushing difficulty. Although, I've heard the combat is not fun on Crushing.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Demon's Souls update, few hours later:
So... Valley of Defilement was awful. It's like Blighttown, but somehow worse? You slowly wade through poison swamp, and if any of the giant mob enemies with clubs spot you while you're in the swamp, you're basically good as dead because you can't roll, they can go faster than you, and they'll just keep swinging at you until your stamina is drained if you're shielding, then your health. I also wasn't able to find any shortcuts, though I think there was supposed to be at least one. I noticed at the beginning of one area, I think after the first boss there was a plank that looked like a bridge you could kick down, which I assume was a shortcut but I never figured out how to get there. I got as far as killing that one lady in the plague swamp cave with Garl Vinland. Which I assumed was the end of the area, but it didn't light up the area on the tendency map, so I guess I have more to do there.

Afterwards I continued on with Boletarian Palace, and got all the way up to Old King Allant, who was a super fun fight, though I can't say I'm fond of the grab move draining your soul level. He ended up draining my stamina to the point where my armor was too heavy to fast roll, so I was killed after that. But I was able to make a dash back into his boss room, grab my souls, and use a shard of archstone to take them back to the nexus. Feeling a bit discouraged, I went back to Flamelurker, now with a defence spell in tow, as well as a flame resistance ring, and took him down with little hassle. Went straight to the dragon god or whatever after that, and he's basically a setpiece fight, little effort required, and that was area 2/5 down. Then, after re-leveling my souls back to where I was before Allant drained me down like 5 levels, I took another shot at him with a weapon enhancement spell, and killed him this time. That's 3/5 areas down, and I left it off there for the night. Quite a lot of progress made today.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Oh, so apparently I was way closer to the end of Demon's Souls than I thought. I literally just had to kill 2 more bosses and I was done.
Kinda disappointing that there isn't really a final boss. I assumed there was 2 endings, a "walk away" ending (which I did) and one where you kill the maiden in black. Looked it up, and I was right. I had the suspicion because you do it in Dark Souls 3 for an ending. I probably won't play through it again right now just to see a different cutscene at the end.

But the endgame was fairly anticlimactic, since I just had to kill Maneaters (which wasn't much of an issue at my high level) and Old Monk, who I killed with R1 spams and basically without seeing his attacks. Still, fairly fun game but pretty clunky in comparison to Dark Souls and onward. I'm guessing the game intends for you to finish off with False King Allant, because he's probably the toughest boss in the game. But I didn't so oh well.
I was a bit disappointed in the lack of interesting items/item descriptions. I was reading every single item description, but most were copy-pastes or like, a description of what a sword is. It was especially disappointing with the boss souls. Dark Souls definitely stepped it up in the lore department, with item descriptions and whatnot.

Also I never figured out how to infuse the boss souls on weapons. I assumed I had to give Flamelurker's soul to Ed based off in-game dialogue, and... Turns out that's exactly what you do? I'm gonna have to look up how to trigger the option, but I went out of my way to try that and there were no new dialogue choices with him after I killed Flamelurker and got his soul.
Final play time:
http://i.imgur.com/DUOLSWs.jpg
(note my last 2 attempts at playing through the game. I think there might have actually been one more and I deleted the file? Could be wrong though)
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I recently been on a Phoenix Wright replaythrough, just finished AA2.

Also I can confirm Jak 2 bores me. It takes way too long to travel and is really reminding me of GTA for some reason.

I've also sorta resumed FF7, finally made it out of the starting town after 4 hours of play. Oy. (It's still not holding my interest very much.)
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Anyone tried 20XX? It looks really fuckin rad.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Truhan wrote: 6 years ago Anyone tried 20XX? It looks really fuckin rad.
I've had it on my wishlist for forever. I saw it recently left early access, and I've heard good things about it.
I guess it's like roguelike Mega Man?
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Ashan wrote: 6 years ago
Truhan wrote: 6 years ago Anyone tried 20XX? It looks really fuckin rad.
I've had it on my wishlist for forever. I saw it recently left early access, and I've heard good things about it.
I guess it's like roguelike Mega Man?
That's exactly it. You can buy permanent upgrades and do daily/weekly levels and there are upgrades you can pick up during runs for your regular buster shot (i.e. triple shot). It looks REALLY good. My biggest concern though is...I mean...roguelike levels? Really? It's a great idea and all...but why not have it as a side thing and have preprogrammed "story mode" levels. There's no way raocow can LP the game just because of that :/
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Truhan wrote: 6 years agoThat's exactly it. You can buy permanent upgrades and do daily/weekly levels and there are upgrades you can pick up during runs for your regular buster shot (i.e. triple shot). It looks REALLY good. My biggest concern though is...I mean...roguelike levels? Really? It's a great idea and all...but why not have it as a side thing and have preprogrammed "story mode" levels. There's no way raocow can LP the game just because of that :/
DeceasedCrab did an lp of it several months ago if you'd like to see how it could potentially go for an lp. Though it's a good idea to keep in mind his lp wasn't blind and he'd already unlocked everything. May not actually be a good choice for raocow to lp.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I was flying through Knux's run of Sonic Mania and got up to the second to last zone for him last night. Sonic's got five zones done for now. I really like most of the game, but there was one boss and one mini-boss that I was lukewarm on. Outside of that, it's been a wonderful return to form here. Figures ascended fans turned developers would get what made Sonic good back in the day. Wish they'd get a crack at an all-new adventure down the road.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

Bean wrote: 6 years ago I was flying through Knux's run of Sonic Mania and got up to the second to last zone for him last night. Sonic's got five zones done for now. I really like most of the game, but there was one boss and one mini-boss that I was lukewarm on. Outside of that, it's been a wonderful return to form here. Figures ascended fans turned developers would get what made Sonic good back in the day. Wish they'd get a crack at an all-new adventure down the road.
Oooooooo what are the room temperature bosses?
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Sixth zone's actual boss for going on too long, and a Sonic 2 zone's mini-boss that's only there to OHKO you with a certain attack. Apparently the boss of that zone can also do a OHKO you as well in a certain way. Not the end of the world. They were the only ones I wasn't too fond of facing in my now completed Knux run. Can't wait to take Sonic & Tails through the rest of the game and get their ending, but I'll skip getting that seventh emerald until as late as I can.
Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

Binding of Isaac Switch update:

Did some clean up with Lilith, and I gotta say, after getting better with her, she's very interesting!
But the stuff I've completed, I completed Satan (Not Dark Room, I died a lot), Boss Rush (Thanks to Car Battery, Tech X, and Brimstone), Hush (Thanks to those same things), and today I beat Isaac, ???, and the Void surprisingly. The whole run for that was a stroke of luck, thanks to some good Damage ups (Death's Touch + Steven on the Void), Balls of steel pills, a Percs! Pill on the Void, and also finding Tech X in a crawl space on the void. Just gotta Complete Mega Satan + Dark Room + Ultra Greedier and then I'm done!
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

I recently did the most insane victory laps with Lilith. Basically your same build but it somehow got better and better between laps, and of course I used the exploit to leave and continue to receive full rewards for the subsequent Lost runs without having even unlocked him yet
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

So I have a better opinion of FF7 at this point.
The Materia system is... interesting. A bit of a pain to figure out, actually a gigantic pain to figure out. (It took me ages to find the way to exchange materia between party members)

Party members have a bit of variety to them, so I find it a nice change of pace to swap around who is in my party every once in a while.

As for the how it's holding my interest, it's sorta all over the place there. It took ages for the game to get going and then immediately afterwards you're hit with a plot heavy flashback with pointless wild encounters for the most part.

The main character is obsessed with Sephiroth, which is just doofy. The plot is likewise doofily trying to be super dark and super edgy, and it just makes me roll my eyes.

Sephiroth from what I can tell is basically a walking zombie. I still have no idea why people consider this to be one of the top games of all time.
Personally I rank it below 1 but above 3. Still in disc 1 though, so there's plenty of time for change, but if the plot doesn't really improve much, well...
6, X, 5, 2, 1, 7, 3, 4.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

It's partly because of the Materia and battle system, partly because of the huge jump in look from the NES and SNES days (the CG scenes were a big deal in 1997), and it has some good characters, music, etc.

While waiting to get back to my co-op run of Sonic Mania, I noticed I had a few bucks left in my account and dropped it on Kamiko, a short game on the Switch that reminded me of the original Four Swords Zelda title. I thought it was okay, but I was expecting randomly-generated levels instead of each of the three characters running around on the same maps. There's no true final boss thing either, so if you beat it with one character, you've seen all you need to. Okay game, but it could've been a bit better than that.
Last edited by Bean 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Started playing Super Mário World, since I never beat it all the way through before.

Currently in Bowser Valley. Really starting to hate the game over system at this point.

E: I just beat the game.

Wow, I thought Bowser's castle would be a lot harder than it actually was.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

If you ever need a save point you can just do an easy ghost house again or something and it'll prompt for a save.

The normal exit for Valley Ghost House is actually pretty simple and can be done in like 20 seconds for an easy save.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I beat Sonic Mania as Sonic now, so it's officially beaten now. I really liked the new zones for the most part, and you could tell they were going with a Sonic CD style to them. Pretty sure it's my favorite new game released this year that I've played right now, something I never thought I'd say about a Sonic game in 2017.
Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

Binding of Isaac Switch Update:

Finished quite a few characters over the past few days, specifically Lazarus, and Judas. I also beat Ultra Greedier with Lilith, thanks to a few things:
-Lil' Brim (Thanks Cambion Conception!)
-Bloody Penny in the final battle
-And most importantly, a clutch Dark Bum that appeared in the final battle to pick up all my bloody penny hearts

Overall, I'm doing really well! Close to finishing!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Played through Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls recently. Other than a few annoying gameplay quirks and weird amounts of lag for most of the game despite it not using anywhere close to all my system's available resources it was quite fun. Komaru is definitely one of my favorite characters in the series and the game's storyline draws a better connection between the events of DR1 and DR2. The game also has some good character growth for Toko from DR1. It also fleshes out the Danganronpa world a fair bit, though the most important parts of fleshing out the world are spoilers from near the end of the game.

Notably you learn where the Monokumas come from.

Zeldamaster12

Post by Zeldamaster12 »

cod ww2 beta is pretty sweet
stuff goes here
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Sutte Hakkun (Japan)013.png
Sutte Hakkun (Japan)013.png (20.39 KiB) Viewed 4229 times
I have no idea what any of the text on this screen says but basically I beat Sutte Hakkun finally. After well over a year mostly spent physically not having the time or energy to devote to figuring the Extra stages out >.>
I stand by what I apparently posted in here like last year when I was actively working on it - this game is amazing if you're into absurdly hard games like I am. Everything is extremely gratifying to figure out, nothing ever felt like "arbitrary bullshit" or anything... the game melts brains and it never stops feeling good :​P I'd probably go so far as to call this my favorite game I've played, even.

Next up's gonna be Umihara Kawase as soon as I'm comfortable dropping $30 on the trilogy on Steam, I've heard it's also hard and has a grappling hook-type mechanic - two of my favorite things! :​O