(shouting)

Let's Play YUMP - 40 - I guess the level is unbeatable now??

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 8 and 9 - TRICKY JUMPS and Morsel Pit

Post by Grounder »

am scare
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol
Pronouns: she/her

Post by idol »

QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Post by QubicTom »

FrozenQuills wrote: 6 years ago dev commentary for dig btich
Second best level after snails.
Lazy_ wrote: 6 years ago Castle of the seriously Fear devcom
That's actually adorable.
It was accepted?!?!! I will announce this at the start of Ep12 with great pride and total shock.

Starring the best level in the game hands down.
Ep10 - how long do snails sleep

So, I'm still in Denver working, flying to Boston for another job early in the morning. Finally booked flights home - will be back in Ireland on Saturday. Next video will probably be on Sunday, then :( :(
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 10 - how long do snails sleep

Post by raocow »

looks like it was accepted on the ChaosComplexx clause of 'it breaks all the rules, but it's really good at it'
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

YUMP is really interesting game. Music, system, graphic, plot, n everything. I want to know how they made this big cool game. But, it's terribly hard T.T
Araragi Marisa's Anime List: MAL List
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

raocow wrote: 6 years ago looks like it was accepted on the ChaosComplexx clause of 'it breaks all the rules, but it's really good at it'
I assume this is a good thing? :P
Jongseok wrote: 6 years ago YUMP is really interesting game. Music, system, graphic, plot, n everything. I want to know how they made this big cool game. But, it's terribly hard T.T
I mostly agree! :D Haven't reached the terribly hard levels yet, though!

If you have any issues while playing this game, please contact the SMWCentral admins for assistance. Thank you.
Ep11 - castle envahit
Ep12 - This Hack Was Accepted on SMWCentral.net
Grounder

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 12 - This Hack Was Accepted on SMWCentral.net

Post by Grounder »

*cracks knuckles*

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

Man, that site will accept anything, won't they? :P
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

corruption, bribery, etc.

(kidding)
Mosts Awards:
Lazy_
druine
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Lazy_ »

o before I forget quick vldc ghost house devcom
this level was made very early on in development because we quickly decided that we needed a lifefarm. the level itself was redesigned multiple times. originally it looked like this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... vel114.png
as you can see, the "preserve your spinjump" idea was already there but it could easily be broken by spinjumping off of the note blocks, so I changed them to nets later on.

the level name is accurate: we began working on YUMP about 4 days before vldcx's deadline and at that time I was only about halfway done with my entry. little did I know that if I had just stopped working on it and submitted what I had, it would've been received much better (by idol).
is there an integer overflow when you become 256 years old
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 13 - Too Good For YUMP

Post by QubicTom »

It's interesting how expectations colour experience. These levels in any other game would be "bad", but here, they shine
Ep13 - Too Good For YUMP
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

for once, this is actually semi-relevant

take a good look at that hill
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

Grassy Athletic 1
Way Cool was the basis of this (I think it's that one?). I'm afraid this level doesn't meet down to the quality standard, as there aren't garbled graphics or anything obscenely janky. I was quite glad when streamer linkdeadx2 thought that this level was made by lolyoshi, not me :P

People are too afraid to jump around on the infinite net, and like QubicTom, just stick to the autoscroller. Some people weave in and out of the saws precisely while QubicTom just stays at the top of the screen and somehow survives. (Clearly, our levels weren't tested that much.) So, here is a video of what I intended the player to do: Video
into the dark valley... was the title screen level. Lazy learned a speedrun route for it, but there was one section where a flame prevented going as fast as a

speedy speed boy

Mosts Awards:
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 14 - Driving Me Up The Walls

Post by QubicTom »

I've enough episodes of YUMP recorded for at least another week, so daily uploads return :D
Ep14 - Driving Me Up The Walls
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

pre-video dev commentary

BOOM
It's a speedrun level, and QubicTom did basically everything as I intended. I didn't actually test this level too rigorously. I tested the first few jumps and then used them as a control group for the rest of the other jumps. For people accustomed to kaizo, this level is definitely readable. The final obstacle is quite precise however.

All of the arrow signs were added by Lazy to make it obvious that the player should gain and keep P-speed.
If you guys haven't noticed, the string of levels overgrow chateau, into the dark valley..., CLIMB OF DEATH, and nuclear facility are all made by

pyro

. It's weird.
Mosts Awards:
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

ft029 wrote: 6 years ago pre-video dev commentary
Better release that video, so!

This hack was approved for international use by the Secretary of the Workers' Party of Korea Pyongyang City Committee Kim Su-gil.
Ep15 - Glorious DPRK Nuclear Facility
Lazy_
druine
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 15 - Glorious DPRK Nuclear Facility

Post by Lazy_ »

the music playing in this submap is 공격전이다, which is an actual north korean propaganda song. you're welcome
is there an integer overflow when you become 256 years old
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Post by snoruntpyro »

heres my dev commentary for nuclear facility
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

playing this myself now

overgrow chateau is my achilles heel, it feels like
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 16 - YOu DEAD

Post by QubicTom »

Lazy_ wrote: 6 years ago the music playing in this submap is an actual north korean propaganda song. you're welcome
You mean that classic piece by the ever talented glorious leader of DPRK?
Pyro wrote: 6 years ago heres my dev commentary for nuclear facility
I challenge people to top this dev commentary.
Grounder wrote: 6 years ago 3CCbaNVU7TE
Why are people doing this to Crash Bandicoot? What has this generation become? D:

Top notch level today. By which I mean muncher spam. Top notch. :D
Ep16 - YOu DEAD
a guy

Post by a guy »

Nice.
Dev commentary of the cavern of dolph :
So I wanted to make another shitty level this time with more effort put into it than icelavaforest (so not a smw level edit).
I decided to make a level with dolphins because why not. I named it "the cavern of dolph" with the name intentionally cut since it's too big to fit. I chose the name before making the level, at first it was in a cave but I changed it to outdoor so the bad old addmusic SML port fit better but didn't changed the title afterward, hence why there's nothing cavern about this level.

Normal exit:
So first half is playing with dolphin, going above stacked munchers because munchers are great etc. A simple first half.
Second half is harder. The dolphin tunnel isn't too bad, either you take your time slowly or rush at the right time.
Then the final part with the podobo dolphins moving ropes etc. It's very hard that's why there's multiple powerups before. But if you don't want to do this legit that's fine, you can either swim underneath the munchers (and get hurt but that's what powerups are for) or fly over the other muncher walls.

Secret exit:
I wanted a secret exit that is different than the normal exit and that is annoying! I got inspired by THAT secret exit in ASPE. So I used lot of annoying stuffs, like slow autoscroll, layer 3 with priority that remove vision, homing enemies, etcs.
But I don't want myself or others to suffer on this trash, that's why it is also easily breakable on purpose. That's also references to bad/youtube levels where often people make levels saying it's the hardest levle ever !!!!1!1! but actually can be easily broken.
To break this, simply bring a flower into your reserve box. It is also possible to make the fishes despawn.
The fact that you can actually enter the pipe big by sliding and that the Chuck hurt you if you're big was not on purpose, didn't knew it would happen, but that's great.

Fun facts:
-There's a star in a ? block hidden above the level, right before the message block. In case you want to cheese the level even more.
-You can actually hit the message block and complete the level. Message block remove layer 3, but there is still water at the bottom of the level, if you quickly press jump+up you can jump out of the water before dying at the bottom.
-I made a update of the level with a star/coin block and less podobos at the end to make it easier. But this updated version is not the one used in the final game.
-I was stupid and in my version I used map16 to use upside-down spike in the secret exit. But they were changed to munchers, for better youtube quality.
-Level was made in lunar magic 1.65, and normally the level is longer so there is a glitch at the end where garbage glitch tiles appears. But baserom is in recent version so LM fix this glitch by forcing layer3 levels to stop at screen 0F. Sad.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

a guy wrote: 6 years ago Dev commentary of the cavern of dolph
I appreciate the brokenness of the power-up filter! It's funny how a bad level can be 'inspired' by what you've seen over the years. I regret not trying harder to beat the level without the layer 3 water turned off. I blame the dolphs.

Meanwhile, piano. I'm a bit quiet in this episode, sorry for the lower amount of commentary!
Ep17 - Rachmaninov's Hands
Grounder

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 17 - Rachmaninov's Hands

Post by Grounder »

And now Castle of the seriously Fear is kicking my butt.

It kinda feels less like my fault given the (accidental?) invisible enemies and plain dumb Boo Circle, though.

Any tips to get past it?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 17 - Rachmaninov's Hands

Post by QubicTom »

Grounder wrote: 6 years ago And now Castle of the seriously Fear is kicking my butt.

It kinda feels less like my fault given the (accidental?) invisible enemies and plain dumb Boo Circle, though.

Any tips to get past it?
The boo ring? Take it slow, notice the safe spots, then the boo circle will be free every time. You want to spin jump immediately from the bottom right corner onto the middle platform where the boo ring is. After that, basically rush to the mushroom and rush up the twomp elevator before the invisible ghosts arrive. It wasn't an easy level at all, probably one of the hardest so far.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play YUMP - 18 - The Meaning of CHOCO

Post by QubicTom »

Ah ha, the A2MT training has paid off!
Ep18 - The Meaning of CHOCO