(shouting)

Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - 77g FINAL - We Will Rock You [B-Side]

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - ERROR CODE 69 - MAINTENANCE REQUIRED [Running Like Clockwork]

Post by QubicTom »

Ryrir wrote: 7 years ago This one is probably my favorite level of a2mt. I really think it's too bad that this wcz guy didn't design more levels for this game...
He's a really prominent figure in the original ASMT though, so should you ever want to play that game, that's something to look forward to :P
Chest reference: NO. YOU. STAY AWAY!
Thanks for that video, I didn't get the reference! Since JUMP-1/2 still seems to have a lot to do, ASMT might be next. Or YUMP :lol: Still not decided!
Tobi555 wrote: 7 years ago Yes only 1 level in the last world has parrots and a chest and then raocow's further over there postgame level does as well. B-Side, Trials of the Parrot, and Nezumi's Farm (since it's not a 'level' level) do not have parrot coins or chests.

EDIT: Remember, you can always check the gallery in the parrot pad for progress on the chests :)
I will totally visit the Parrot Pad once Ice World is finished! Thanks for letting me know about the remaining chests!

This isn't really a proper episode - I needed to do a level legitimately and I needed to correct the Demo counter before moving on. WMM crashed more than thirty times making these death montages!
Ep43l - Correcting the Demo Counter
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep43l - Correcting the Demo Counter

Post by Sugar »

By the way, if you want to play ASMT, feel free to play ASMT 1.2 (not on SMW Central). It's identical to 1.1, except cutscenes are skippable by pressing Start (and it actually works on Snes9x 1.51 or older). Feel free to download 1.1 on SMW Central for level author list however.

Oh, and so I don't forget, Boss Bass in ASMT is sorta glitchy as it doesn't increment demo counter when you die to it. Something to be aware of, if you want your demo counter to be accurate.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep43l - Correcting the Demo Counter

Post by QubicTom »

GlitchMr wrote: 7 years ago By the way, if you want to play ASMT, feel free to play ASMT 1.2 (not on SMW Central). It's identical to 1.1, except cutscenes are skippable by pressing Start (and it actually works on Snes9x 1.51 or older). Feel free to download 1.1 on SMW Central for level author list however.

Oh, and so I don't forget, Boss Bass in ASMT is sorta glitchy as it doesn't increment demo counter when you die to it. Something to be aware of, if you want your demo counter to be accurate.
Hmm. I might ask around to see if someone can fix the Boss Bass issue. But thank you for both the links - I hadn't looked into downloading it yet, but I'll play the latest version and use the credit list as you suggest.

Adamantium Castle went really well. A few stupid deaths, but otherwise it was quite a refreshing level to play.
Ep70 - Book of Courage and a Rare Cucco
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep71a - Layered Questions [??? Switch Palace]

Post by QubicTom »

??? Palace by Septentrion Pleiades. I have surprisingly little to say about this level. It was straight forward and of the right length for its difficulty!
Ep71a - Layered Questions

There won't be an A2XT episode tonight - I can't record today for various reasons. Luckily enough I recorded this A2MT episode immediately after Adamantium Castle yesterday. There might not be any episodes on Thursday, Friday or Saturday this week either, due to a bunch of events coming up. Sorry about this! It'll be the perfect time to binge watch all those new Dungeons and Dragons episodes, right?! :P
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep71a - Layered Questions [??? Switch Palace]

Post by raocow »

but I already binge-watched them like last week :(
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep71b - Swimming with the Stars [GameBoy Palace]

Post by QubicTom »

I'm glad at least one person watches the Dungeons and Dragons series! Waaay more work goes into editing those than anybody can possibly imagine :lol:

GameBoy Palace by Isocitration. I don't complete it here, but I think I get past the halfway mark?
Ep71b - Swimming with the Stars

As I said in the video, the next episode of A2MT might be delayed until as late as Wednesday next week. I simply won't have any time to record between now and then. Sorry about this! I have a backlog of over 600 videos now, maybe folks can try checking out one of the PS1 series or something? The "Starting Weapons Only" playthroughs of the Medievil games turned out to be pretty interesting if you're familiar with those games, I think.
Lockirby2

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep71b - Swimming with the Stars [GameBoy Palace]

Post by Lockirby2 »

I was planning on watching those D&D videos with my mom when enough come out. I'll probably wait until next co-op term because she picks me up every weekend to take me home, and D&D/Cortex is a fun thing to do on the way back.

I haven't been watching your other series because I haven't played any of those games and don't want spoilers. ;)

So how exactly do I unlock Further Over There? Am I missing something?
EDIT: Never mind, I found it

QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Lockirby2 wrote: 6 years ago I was planning on watching those D&D videos with my mom when enough come out. I'll probably wait until next co-op term because she picks me up every weekend to take me home, and D&D/Cortex is a fun thing to do on the way back.
Oh, nice! Nobody has to watch/listen to them, but if you do let me know what you think! Just be aware that there's swearing, and that most of the videos do have actual video components (dungeon maps that Jolpe slowly reveals as we explore and onscreen dice rolls). The video parts aren't completely needed, though, but it might be worth looking at the world map once :)

So, here's the level that nearly made me quit A2MT! I encourage everyone to laugh at my misery and ranting - I found it funny during editing :D
Ep71c - Stardom

Just to be clear, I don't blame past Iso for this level. He's so skilled at SMW that this would be easy for him. Proper testing back then would have been able to tone bits down to the point that it'd be fun for non-god-tier players!! I understand more now how the author's opinion of difficulty can be very skewed due to them making it. I made a joke puzzle level for YUMP and labelled it "easy difficulty", but the testers decided to place it in the hardest world just before the literal kaizo levels at the end of the game. Independent testing and evaluation is important, folks!

I am looking forward to seeing the final overworld and the final levels (I cannot remember them at all), but I can't say that I'm looking forward to playing them! :lol:
Sugar

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep71c - Stardom [GameBoy Palace]

Post by Sugar »

If A2MT keeps frustrating you, I have a suggestion - stop playing it. Instead play ASMT, and continue A2MT after you are done with ASMT, considering A2MT final level (by Franky) is a huge reference to ASMT.

ASMT is still quite hard, especially in later parts, but nowhere near insanity of A2MT.

If you are worried about huge difficulty spike, A2MT final level is essentially ASMT postgame in terms of difficulty and is actually a quite fine level, surprisingly enough.
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Ryrir »

I really felt bad for you there at the end :(
I somehow managed to do the springboard thing on my first try so I didn't get nearly as frustrated, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do it again. The whole thing is just way too long.

You're so close to the end though, nearly there in terms of exits! You can do it!!
this is getting laundromatic
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Ryrir wrote: 6 years ago I really felt bad for you there at the end :(
I somehow managed to do the springboard thing on my first try so I didn't get nearly as frustrated, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do it again. The whole thing is just way too long.

You're so close to the end though, nearly there in terms of exits! You can do it!!
This.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

This whole missing text box thing is bugging me has this happened to anyone else? Through all my testing and looking at the switch palaces in LM there is supposed to be the typical text there.

EDIT: Do switch palace messages alternate between using both message boxes for the level? If so that makes more sense because the second message box for every switch palace was left blank...oops :lol:

EDIT2: Just released 1.9.5 with 3 minor issues fixed. 2 issues of cutoff and hopefully fixed the randomly missing text for the switch palaces.
Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

I've been waiting for you to play my A2Mt final level, don't crap out on me now, it's not that hard. You've got this far, you can do it!
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Tobi555 wrote: 6 years ago This whole missing text box thing is bugging me has this happened to anyone else? Through all my testing and looking at the switch palaces in LM there is supposed to be the typical text there.

EDIT: Do switch palace messages alternate between using both message boxes for the level? If so that makes more sense because the second message box for every switch palace was left blank...oops :lol:

EDIT2: Just released 1.9.5 with 3 minor issues fixed. 2 issues of cutoff and hopefully fixed the randomly missing text for the switch palaces.
It's more about transparency, you cannot have text in transparent levels in vanilla SMW. This is fixable (I think), but it's not easy.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Huh, well it's not consistent if that's the case. The text has displayed properly for me every time I've tested it.
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

GlitchMr wrote: 6 years ago If A2MT keeps frustrating you, I have a suggestion - stop playing it. Instead play ASMT, and continue A2MT after you are done with ASMT, considering A2MT final level (by Franky) is a huge reference to ASMT.

ASMT is still quite hard, especially in later parts, but nowhere near insanity of A2MT.

If you are worried about huge difficulty spike, A2MT final level is essentially ASMT postgame in terms of difficulty and is actually a quite fine level, surprisingly enough.
I wouldn't even say that Trials of the Parrot is as hard as ASMT postgame difficulty. I don't even think I died ten times in Trial of the Parrot, while I died dozens of times in most ASMT postgame levels. IMO, the final levels of ASMT and A2MT feel like they're in the wrong game. Trials of the Parrot is challenging, but fair and just the right difficulty while the ASMT final level (King Charles' Castle) has a bunch of BS in it and overstays its welcome by being egregiously long. The ASMT theming of Trials of the Parrot just puts the icing on that cake.
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

@Tobi555

In spoiler tags, could you write how many chests/Parrot Coins there are in the second half of Further Over There? I don't want to miss anything in the second half. If you know the exact locations of any missable ones, that's even better. I really couldn't care less about exploration in this level.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

There's actually 2 midpoint's in further over there. After the first midpoint is 1 parrot coin and after the second one is 1 parrot coin.
The first half has the chest and 3 parrots.

Awakenyourmind
Muwha!

Post by Awakenyourmind »

Did you give up on this LP? I waited for awhile to see you get this far, sad :(
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Awakenyourmind wrote: 6 years ago Did you give up on this LP? I waited for awhile to see you get this far, sad :(
Don't worry, I haven't quit! I'll explain - About 2 weeks ago I started a new job in a different city. So between moving house and settling into the new job, I haven't had time to record. Each Saturday I record all the A2XT episodes for the week, and spend Sunday editing/uploading them so there can be daily content on the channel. This week I will finally be able to record A2MT each each night for at least one hour, so episodes will return within the next few days :)

Very sorry about the delay, I know you've been waiting :D I promise you, A2MT will be finished, and you will see your level played!!
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep72a - Big Terrifying Eye [Final World]

Post by QubicTom »

GlitchMr wrote: 6 years ago If A2MT keeps frustrating you, I have a suggestion - stop playing it. Instead play ASMT, and continue A2MT after you are done with ASMT, considering A2MT final level (by Franky) is a huge reference to ASMT.
It's a nice idea, but I know people are waiting to see the final overworld of A2MT. I won't make them wait 6 months for me to finish ASMT :D But I will definitely play ASMT this year.
Ryrir wrote: 6 years ago I really felt bad for you there at the end :(
I somehow managed to do the springboard thing on my first try so I didn't get nearly as frustrated, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do it again. The whole thing is just way too long. You're so close to the end though, nearly there in terms of exits! You can do it!!
Thank you for the encouragement! I will return to the Switch Palace and do it properly when I get the time, and I'll also correct the Demo counter of course :D
Tobi555 wrote: 6 years ago Just released 1.9.5 with 3 minor issues fixed. 2 issues of cutoff and hopefully fixed the randomly missing text for the switch palaces.
Updated to this version. Thank you! What did the Green Switch Palace textbox say?

Here we go!!!!!!!
Ep72a - Big Terrifying Eye

Check out this awesome A2MT art:
http://quarium-arts.tumblr.com/image/160251341184

So, I do apologise for putting A2MT on hold for a few weeks. As I explained above, I got a new job and moved house, so I had no time to LP for a while, except at weekends. I decided to focus on A2XT, since I could easily record a week's worth of episodes on Saturday and edit/process/upload them all on the Sunday.

I've now settled into a routine which should allow at least one hour of recording each weeknight, or one hour for editing once I have enough level progress to make an episode. So I think I can get two A2MT episodes out per week. Once A2XT is finished, A2MT will gain an extra two days for recording until it's done. That's my plan - whether it works out or not is yet to be seen :lol:
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep72a - Big Terrifying Eye [Final World]

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote: 6 years ago Updated to this version. Thank you! What did the Green Switch Palace textbox say?
No problem :) The same typical switch palace message as the others it's just some people have had instances where the text randomly doesn't show up for the palaces and hopefully I found the source of the issue. The level does have a secret exit and your only 2 chests away and 2 sets of parrots from being done. Only the outline squares are chests left to obtain. The other empty spaces aren't anything but the code for that room would take an eternity to rearrange the layout for the chests so we just removed the visual squares in those spaces.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I never noticed before now that your youtube url is 'MissionEasy'. haha where does that come from ?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Tobi555 wrote: 6 years ago The level does have a secret exit and your only 2 chests away and 2 sets of parrots from being done.
Perfect! I'm guessing the normal exit is to the right. And the parrot coins and chest are in the side rooms. My goal is to get the secret exit at the start of the next video so I can save lives by start-selecting out of the harder rooms when they go wrong.
raocow wrote: 6 years ago I never noticed before now that your youtube url is 'MissionEasy'. haha where does that come from ?
It's my old Runescape name! I wanted to call myself Mission:Impossible, but it was too long. 'QubicTom' came about when I wanted a better name when making my PSN account. I was at Queen's University Belfast at the time, so I wanted a name with QUB at the start. YouTube won't let me change the url to 'QubicTom' until I reach 100 subscribers (which I'm finally approaching!! :D )

As promised, I went back to beat Iso's Gameboy Palace legitimately. Because I had to go back to an old save to do this, I need to correct the Demo counter by 90 at the start of the next video (which should be tomorrow!)
Ep71l - The Gameboy Palace [No Commentary]
Ometeotl

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep71l - The Gameboy Palace [No Commentary]

Post by Ometeotl »

For the record, Woodchuck Woods never had a blind jump until insertion.