(shouting)

MegaMari - Mechanized Asthma vs Marisa and Alice

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Grounder

Re: MegaMari - Marisa vs Medicine (not Melancholy) Mastery

Post by Grounder »

You know the drill!

ColorWoman.EXE, ColorWoman.DLL, and ColorWoman.JPG!

I may or may not have made the last two up.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

raocow wrote: 7 years ago the fun thing is that you aren't even garanteed a timestop weapon
with a e-tank that can only be gotten if you have the timestop weapon.
there is literally A Correct Choice In who gets Sakuya's weapon which is so stupid.
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

fortress song oh yeahh

despite how insane it is i love the first fortress level so much, it's so much fun and satisfying to beat. it does a good job at being a sort of culmination of the previous level's challenges and design philosophies, and it's spamminess is forgivable as you have a full arsenal at that point.

yeeeet, the quick beams are kinda stupid. it goes against everything else the level does, and just comes out of nowhere. you can't even abuse a time stop if you get the wrong weapon from sakuya. the boss is kinda nonsense and poppycock as well, but once you learn how to place yourself right it's not too bad, still a slight bit annoying. The rush of beating the boss is unbelievable though, felt amazing when i did it.

anyways, the rest of the fortress isn't as difficult as this one. i think it's a overall pretty solid, save for one (maybe two) level(s) that didn't sit well with me.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

>Download links coming eventually
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Blue

Post by Blue »

Tenlade wrote: 7 years ago
raocow wrote: 7 years ago the fun thing is that you aren't even garanteed a timestop weapon
there is literally A Correct Choice In who gets Sakuya's weapon which is so stupid.
imo not quite as stupid as the fact that fortress bosses are weak to character-specific weapons, so if you don't give alice reisen's weapon or give marisa remilia's weapon you can't hit yukari's weakness at all

stuff like this nearly made me angry enough to make my entire own megaman clone based around swapping between two characters just so i could yell at the devs "THIS IS HOW YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE IT, MORON"
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Wow, that boss battle looked brutal. Good thing you found a weapon that works.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Dark_Paratroopa

Re: MegaMari - Pair of Protagonists vs Portals and Pets

Post by Dark_Paratroopa »

Meanwhile, in an alternate universe,

1ACD 2B 3DE 4BCE

Here's a passcode to give marisa and alice the opposite weapons. The ones you didn't take, raocow. Just so you can show them off to the people.

Yes, there's nothing in the fifth column.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

If the death yoyo really wasn't one of Yukari's official weaknesses, then having player-character-specific weaknesses doesn't seem to be that big a deal, because the death yoyo was still pretty effective.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

I forgot how silly the castle bosses were... something I think RKS did a better job with (other than like, the third one, which is a little silly, but ey).

Totally totally maybe not hoping raocow does that too given he did this game.

Thankfully I think both of Remilia's weapons do okay-ish, having looked at the weaknesses. I wonder if it's like, a specific weapon does better against her when in one character's hands, but it's still semi-effective in another's? Other than Marisa's Reisen weapon, which hits multiple times in a game where mercy invincibility is a thing on bosses. Wonder if that's why it did bad damage, but who knows?
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Divemissile wrote: 7 years agothe boss is kinda nonsense and poppycock as well, but once you learn how to place yourself right it's not too bad, still a slight bit annoying. The rush of beating the boss is unbelievable though, felt amazing when i did it.
Personally I thought the boss was actually pretty neat. It's a bit hectic but it feels kinda like much of the stage did.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

The thing is that the timestop weapon is only useful in this one instance, and as far as quickman lasers rooms go the ones in this games aren't really hard nor very long. Whereas Alice's version of Sakuya's weapon is a lot more useful, 4 quick projectiles that are cheap to use and kill most enemies easily.

Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Jesuiscontent wrote: 7 years ago
The thing is that the timestop weapon is only useful in this one instance, and as far as quickman lasers rooms go the ones in this games aren't really hard nor very long. Whereas Alice's version of Sakuya's weapon is a lot more useful, 4 quick projectiles that are cheap to use and kill most enemies easily.
I can confirm that Alice's Sakuya weapon has quickly become my go-to attack the same way her Youmu weapon has become raocow's go-to attack. It's that useful.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Interesting idea for a boss fight, and there were the Quick Man lasers I figured the game would have, too. Been years since I've seen this game, so I only remember the stage after the next one vividly.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Here comes a new challenger!

(In a spoiler because the image is big, and I'm not sure how the coding handles them.)
BLANKA!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Divemissile

Re: MegaMari - Determined Duo vs Density-defying Drunk

Post by Divemissile »

patchouli 2 isn't too interesting stage wise, it's a good one but nothing that popped out as really insane to me, which is good after the crazy patchouli 1

the really good part is the boss fight. the creator managed to take a devil fight and make it... fun?? it's kinda crazy how a bunch of mega man fan games love to squeeze a devil in somewhere in but never think to actually make it interesting, but this game did! plus it doesn't take a century to beat, which is a plus. overall good stage imo
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Using Black Lotus (Marisa's weapon from Eirin) to determine where the invisible pitfalls were was clever.

I guess Thousand Knives (timestop) is as useful as you make it. If you rely on it a lot to escape tough situations, you would find it very helpful, whereas if you're hesitant because of the large scale + large ammo cost and you use it sparingly, it would be a limited situational weapon for you.

To me, the value of a weapon also depends on whether there's a degree of redundancy with your other weapons. If you get the Butterfly Stream from Yuyuko, that somewhat overlaps with Alice's four-knife throw she gets from Sakuya. That's also why I liked the grenade weapons from Reisen more than the missile because tossing gravity-affected bombs can be quite handy, whereas missiles are horizontal projectiles that you also get from Marisa's buster among others.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Divemissile wrote: 7 years ago the really good part is the boss fight. the creator managed to take a devil fight and make it... fun?? it's kinda crazy how a bunch of mega man fan games love to squeeze a devil in somewhere in but never think to actually make it interesting, but this game did!
Did you watch a different video?
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

Ometeotl wrote: 7 years ago
Divemissile wrote: 7 years ago the really good part is the boss fight. the creator managed to take a devil fight and make it... fun?? it's kinda crazy how a bunch of mega man fan games love to squeeze a devil in somewhere in but never think to actually make it interesting, but this game did!
Did you watch a different video?
i thought the boss was pretty fun to play personally, i can understand if it didn't seem that much interesting just by watching it though
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Divemissile wrote: 7 years ago i thought the boss was pretty fun to play personally, i can understand if it didn't seem that much interesting just by watching it though
Don't listen to him. He acts like he speaks for everyone with his merciless comments towards certain games.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Validon98 wrote: 7 years ago

Totally totally maybe not hoping raocow does that too given he did this game.

that would be nice. it'd retroactively justify the RKS reference in a2xt and also i like those games.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Jesuiscontent wrote: 7 years ago The thing is that the timestop weapon is only useful in this one instance, and as far as quickman lasers rooms go the ones in this games aren't really hard nor very long. Whereas Alice's version of Sakuya's weapon is a lot more useful, 4 quick projectiles that are cheap to use and kill most enemies easily.
I mean in the sense you miss out on a whole e-tank is the part that annoys me, considering both alice and marisa get a wall breaking skill, but here only one gets an etank. Thats dumb, especially with how much an e-tank can help getting through a level/boss.

Also Timestop abilities are always great because they let you bypass enemies that spawn/fall into your path by letting you run past them before they appear.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Pretty sure that boss was also weak to the Yin Yang orb things, too. Don't know if it's character specific or not.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

TODAY'S CHALLENGER IS
Copy MegaMari, yo♪
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

man i don't really know what to think about this stage. on the one hand, it's a cool reference and has really catchy music that i like. though, i don't like how half way through the level it turns into thatbigfuzzyenemy.lvl which seems odd, and the enemy is very easy to deal with so it just becomes a bit tedious. the boss is cool, but i think the charge and master spark attacks are too random in when they happen. sometimes i find it hard to even dodge the attacks when i know which one will happen, especially the charge one which is impossible to avoid if you can't get on a block.

the next stage i really don't like, for reasons i'll say later
Grounder

Re: MegaMari - Marisa vs Master Spark Mimicry

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage