(shouting)

MegaMari - Mechanized Asthma vs Marisa and Alice

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Divemissile

Re: MegaMari - Marisa vs Mistress of Massive Meals

Post by Divemissile »

yuyuko is a really really cool boss despite being kinda spammy. i enjoy the creative uses of the shield, wisp things, and the general design is pretty fun. i guess the only real problem i had is how finicky the jump over her shield is, never liked that.

interested to see what marisa gets, probably something to do with the lasers since

alice's weapon is the shield

, but the palette looks kinda weird. the pink and blue dont mesh that well imo, though it could just be on the artwork
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

I honestly can't remember what Marisa's weapon from yuyuko is. All I remember is the shield.

Speaking of which, my suggestions for the next two are Alice for Remilia's weapon and Marisa for Eirin. Have fun with the eventual fortress stages!
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I think Marisa gets a butterfly swarm attack that hits a pretty wide range at an upward angle. Which would have been really nice to have for the staircase sections in Youmu's stage.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

@raocow: The passwords do save your e-tanks, and you can modify your password to construct one that gives you some. They don't save how many lives you have, though; starting a game reverts you to two extra lives (I believe the maximum is six).

And you really shouldn't just run into a mech rabbit right before a boss when the rabbit deals a lot of damage and you need health for the boss battle. There were no other hazards in that room before the boss, so you could have just fought off the enemy.

Alice's beam can pierce through some of the enemy defenses. This helps against the Prismrivers, for instance. They have their guard up unless they're attacking, but Alice's Spectrum Mystery can hit them while they're guarding.

I too was thinking that the way Yuyuko just stands and walks around midair feels like something from Bleach. I was amused when you brought that up.
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

I started over my playthrough with the express purpose of gathering all of the "alternate" versions of the weapons that raocow isn't choosing. I'm also doing things a bit out of racoow's order - mainly because I find Reimu's stage easier than Cirno's, and I want to gather more firepower before tackling Youmu's stage (I realize Youmu's weapon seems to be Reisen's weakness but Reisen herself didn't seem all that difficult a fight even without having her weakness). So I've cleared Reimu, Cirno, Sakuya, and Reisen so far. The alt-weapons:

Marisa/Reimu: Reimu's bouncing yin-yang orb. Essentially it's exactly the same as the attack Reimu uses during her boss battle, except the orbs disappear after several bounces. They do a lot of damage and mow through multiple enemies, but are slow and the trajectory's awkward. I mainly use it to drop on foes below me, to fire off several when I'm feeling overwhelmed from the front, or as a pseudo-melee so long as I'm slightly above whatever it is I'm "melee"ing.

Marisa/Cirno: An ice gatling gun spray, forward in a cone shape. If you've played Axiom Verge, it's the Shards weapon (except longer range). Energy consumption is pretty low and you can hold down the button for rapid fire. The shards don't pierce multiple foes however. I've used this a few times but not as much as the other weapons.

Alice/Sakuya: Four knives thrown forward in a spread pattern - two going up at different angles, two going down at different angles. The knives pierce multiple foes, are fast, and deal good damage. Not nearly as flashy as Marisa's time-stop but it's getting the job done quite nicely. It's not really an anti-air though as the angles aren't sharper than, say, 40 degrees. I'm still lacking a good option for handling foes above me.

Alice/Reisen: A set of bombs thrown forward in varying arcs, which explode on contact with a foe or the ground. Explosions persist for a second or so. I haven't played around with this yet but I presume the persisting explosions can rack up multiple hits.

At the end of my fight with Sakuya, when she starts spamming bullet/knives hell all over the screen, I legit felt like I was in a proper Touhou game what with having to fit my character's tiny hitbox in between a variety of oblique-angle slow-moving projectiles - I was almost entirely out of resources and within one hit of losing for both Marisa and Alice. Just barely pulled off the win, and man it felt good.

I also found the game's equivalent of a W-Tank (a blue "energy tank") in Reisen's stage, which when used restored both characters' sub-weapons to full energy. Found it by walking through a suspicious false wall into a "side room" with multiple Tewis manning invincible spray cannons. So yeah, false walls are apparently a thing in this game. (Like in Stone Man's stage from Mega Man 5.)
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

And then suddenly we were done with the robot masters. It's funny, this game only has seven, little weird but I can respect the decision, trying something new.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Grounder

Re: MegaMari - Alice vs Assertion of Alucard

Post by Grounder »

TODAY'S CHALLENGER IS

SHADE WOMAN!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

of all of space jin's art, the remi sketches have the best expressions
in imgur album form to avoid nsfw stuff.
Blue

Post by Blue »

man i can't tell if i really suck at the megamans or raocow's just making this game look easy
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

huh, i actually forgot a lot about remillia's stage and weapon and boss. the boss is mega rad though, kinda insane but definitely a cool fight.

i agree that having only having 7 bosses in a mega man fan game is odd, but i'm ok with a bit of originality in these games. especially when it's based on a franchise like touhou with only 9 characters in the whole franchise!
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

At 5:47, Alice's beam would have worked if it wasn't being blocked by the Met enemy. Despite the graphics, the beam only hits one enemy at a time.

I'm not concerned about Eirin's stage at this point, but I wonder how the center stage will be handled. Are you going to have a longplay session and then split it into multiple videos? I would suggest that when you're done with a marathon session, you describe in this thread (which is less public than Youtube) how the run went and what you need help with, so that others can give you tips in time for the next attempt.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Blue wrote: 7 years ago man i can't tell if i really suck at the megamans or raocow's just making this game look easy
He knows the secret of Top Spin actually being a great weapon, so that's definitely helping him on just about everything that isn't those guards that run back and forth trying to ninja kick him. They seem to be immune to it.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

ano0maly wrote: 7 years ago I would suggest that when you're done with a marathon session, you describe in this thread (which is less public than Youtube) how the run went and what you need help with, so that others can give you tips in time for the next attempt.

beat in a little over an hour and a half

the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Money

Re: MegaMari - Marisa vs Medicine (not Melancholy) Mastery

Post by Money »

So uh
raocow wrote:ping
Could you do something about this Sean W Stewart guy shitting up the video comments with NSFW skeevo fapfics?
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

yes.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Maybe the better question is, will he?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Sebby19 wrote: 7 years ago Maybe the better question is, will he?
Given that Whatshisface's comment has been removed from the most recent Megamari episode, yes.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

eirin's stage is certainly a thing, though i enjoy it a lot more than youmu's stage just because it's not a staircase spam carnival. i forget the weapon i got from eirin, but i think it was at least somewhat useful.

tomorrow is the castle which gets me excited because the first stage has amazing music, and it's also well designed or something but who cares it's JAMMIN
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Woo. That last one had a good mix of actual difficulty with the gotcha moments. That spike chute was something I'd expect from a fortress stage. Only way it could've been crueler is if it had Quick Man lasers or enemies that pop out of pits.
Kapus
Master of Hiccup
First name: boogity boo
Pronouns: Vegetable

Post by Kapus »

Marisa's weapon from Eirin is the little floor crawling spheres. Kinda like Plug Ball, if any of you have played MM9. It's a really good weapon and since it shoots two projectiles vertically and is rather spammable, it's the closest thing Marisa has to a "get off of me" move. It should come in handy during the first fortress boss (I know it's all been recorded already, lol)
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

you have 0.5 seconds to notice this dark blue block floating in front of the dark blue background or you die.

the creation of instant death spikes is the worst mistake video games ever made.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Surprise quicklaser room in a game where you have two extra lives.
raocow

Post by raocow »

the fun thing is that you aren't even garanteed a timestop weapon
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

raocow wrote: 7 years ago the fun thing is that you aren't even garanteed a timestop weapon
This fact left me with a scar that will never heal.