(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by YelseyKing »

Hmm. You all seem to be trying to tell me something...

Truthfully, I *know* Talkhaus as a whole loves Mother 3. That "confirmation" post was just a joke to see how people would respond. :lol:
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Camwood777
oh man what
First name: Cam
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Camwood777 »

i've been playing a lot of DROD! really fun puzzle game! i just got the DROD RPG spinoff today, too, so i'm having fun!

specifically, right now i'm focusing on playing these holds:
• the city beneath
• tendry's tale (RPG)
• 2016 contest (RPG)
also goes by "camwoodstock", "camwood", "cws", or some variant thereof
plays video games i think
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Found out the launch Wii I have can't read Metroid Prime Trilogy, although it works fine on the Wii U. Since that's already in use by someone else at the moment, I figure I'll just move on to Sin & Punishment: Star Successor in the meantime and maybe some other stuff that's been on my computer for a while now like that Metroid II fan game remake.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

I... haven't started Mother 3 yet. Been playing A2MT. Also Koudelka, which is a strange game that I kinda like so far.
Bean wrote:...and maybe some other stuff that's been on my computer for a while now like that Metroid II fan game remake.
Play it! It's good. :P

Moists:

BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

And Zelda: Breath of the Wild finally begins.

So far, I definitely understand all those perfect review scores.
And I've only seen two cutscenes at this point.

I might try heading for Hyrule Castle early. See how close I can get.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... 1BCFB3971/

YOU CAN ADOPT CATS IN RCR:U. BEST THING EVER
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

YelseyKing wrote:Play it! It's good. :P
And I did play the fan game remake for over an hour this evening. Fun stuff. It's been a while since I've played a Metroid game without any guide. I seem to be a little better at finding stuff now than I was back in the day.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Bean wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:Play it! It's good. :P
And I did play the fan game remake for over an hour this evening. Fun stuff. It's been a while since I've played a Metroid game without any guide. I seem to be a little better at finding stuff now than I was back in the day.
One thing about AM2R is that it's pretty linear as Metroid games go... but then, so was the game it was based on. (And I know you said you prefer the more non-linear entries in the series.) There's optional stuff and more exploration than the original, though. I liked it, on the whole. In terms of getting 100% items, there's definitely nothing quite as crazy as stuff in Fusion, Zero Mission, and Prime 2.

Moists:

Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

After putting down Freedom Planet to get my energy for it again, I decided to play Axiom Verge. I've gotten to the point where

you free the repair drones to heal the rusalkas

, and so far it's been really good. I've heard this being compared to Metroid, but it's really an entirely different game unto itself. Axiom Verge feels so much more... Alien.

I also really like some of its soundtrack. If you haven't played the game yet, just listen to this right here:

My only real complaint with the game so far is that the title screen and the intro music are too similar. Didn't really pull me into the feel of the game very well.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

One thing that is a double edged sword about Axiom Verge is the fact that some really asinine and almost impossible-to-find-without-a-guide secrets exist. For some people it's just really dumb, but for me it gave me that classic "Videogames of old" feeling where you found out about stuff like this through other people instead of finding it easily in-game.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

YelseyKing wrote:One thing about AM2R is that it's pretty linear as Metroid games go... but then, so was the game it was based on. (And I know you said you prefer the more non-linear entries in the series.) There's optional stuff and more exploration than the original, though. I liked it, on the whole. In terms of getting 100% items, there's definitely nothing quite as crazy as stuff in Fusion, Zero Mission, and Prime 2.
Yeah, this additional stuff in AM2R is pretty fun. I still don't know how to open some doors where I see those statue things yet, but I'm hoping I figure it out soon enough. I'm already up to 86% items at this point. Well, I say already, but I'm nearing four hours at this point after playing longer than I thought I would tonight. Guess I want to complete that fully before going back to editing stuff again.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Bean wrote:I still don't know how to open some doors where I see those statue things yet, but I'm hoping I figure it out soon enough.
Like all good Metroidvanias, the purpose of those will be revealed in time. I've basically learned, if I can't figure out what something does, it'll probably become obvious later.

Though I could totally see raocow wasting large amounts of time trying to figure them out, thinking there's something obvious he's missing.

Moists:

Practical
aaaaaahhhHHHH
First name: jay
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Practical »

I'm playing Spore right now, I've played it about ten times already and I'm getting better at the Civilization stage.
Tone indicators : /j= joking, /srs= serious, /lh= light-hearted, /s= sarcastic
Get it, Let it roll!
[/b]My main YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/ChicaMario64/featured
krakin.carrd.org
My Switch friend code: SW-1004-3051-8456
http://www.n-masters.com/mariokartlicen ... p?id=11224

selective mutism is a nuisance
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Sorel wrote:One thing that is a double edged sword about Axiom Verge is the fact that some really asinine and almost impossible-to-find-without-a-guide secrets exist. For some people it's just really dumb, but for me it gave me that classic "Videogames of old" feeling where you found out about stuff like this through other people instead of finding it easily in-game.
So far I haven't had trouble progressing through the game normally, although I can imagine hard-to-find stuff like that existing very easily. I agree that it's something I really enjoy, especially since it goes with the whole "do it yourself" attitude the game carries. However, I also think it's something that can perhaps be improved upon, at least if it ever gets down to a Super Cat Planet level of absurdity. I really hate SCP for its poorly hinted, sometimes impossibly hard to get secrets.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Playong more RCR:U. Got slightly annoyed by a set of "Race the NPC" events

(where you have to knock down NPC running away before they reach the end, in which point you fail and have to find them again)

. Otherwise loving it so far.

Yeah, I've noticed youImage
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Caved on the final five items I needed for 100% and used a map to find them. I doubt I would've found any of those on my own, so I'm glad I did. Anyway, AM2R is done and was a lot of fun. It had a couple of tough items to get, but I'm glad I got those ones without needing a guide. I loved all the neat callbacks to official games, and a lot of the added bosses and abilities definitely did add to the experience. It honestly felt like what Zero Mission was to the original Metroid to me.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

I managed to find all the items in AM2R without a guide, but then, my strategy is essentially "drop power bombs everywhere and hope they reveal something". :P

Moists:

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Yeah, most of my items I had to get were in places prior to picking up Power Bombs, and I wouldn't have thought to use them where the ones I was missing wound up being. Turns out completion percentage had no bearing on the ending picture anyway, just time. At nearly six hours, yeah, I got the easiest one. Fun times.

Also had a fun time playing the Switch tonight with a little Snipperclips and Super Bomberman R multiplayer action. Those Joycon controllers are so small when they're not hooked up to the tablet. It's just amazing to me. I should probably get ready for another round of editing in codes for the Switch in the one topic on this forum soon if anybody's picked one up.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Playing more RCR:U, couldn't help but laugh when I saw this:

Also, holy crap that

milk mission

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Still playing through Super Bomberman R on co-op and also flew through Road Rash II recently because I felt like punching people on bikes. Like the first game, I did the first few levels legitimately, but once it hits level four, it's save state time because these titles get cheap near the end. 5-6 minute races with rubber band AI and more obstacles on the roads on top of that? Eh.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

What's that smell? It's BLOOD(BORNE) having a ton of fun with it right now.
That crazy voice dude
PixelPest

Post by PixelPest »

I'm no hardcore gamer, still rockin' it on my DS Lite. Right now I'm trying to do a second three-star run of New Super Mario Bros. DS, complete the Spyro games, SM64, and a bit of Bomberman
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

OK RCR:U, you got me:

Anyway, made it to the final boss, but had to stop because he's currently bugged where

he can just indefinitely stunlock you until you die, and it's kinda unfair.

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Took down my first Switch game by beating Super Bomberman R a couple days ago. It was good, just not $50 good as there was a bit of input lag at times even offline. This was most notable in the ice world, but it was still good enough that I'd recommend it when it drops down to about half price down the road and especially if they can fix the online. It's not like I'm the one that bought that one anyway as I was content with waiting, so fine by me.

I'm also close to finishing up Road Rash 3 after starting it just a few days ago. Of the trilogy, this one is the most fun thanks to the new upgrade system. While I still went into save state mode starting with the fourth of five levels, I'm not throwing them down as much as the game is a little more fair in terms of car placement in this game. It still has its moments where it's cheap, but being able to upgrade bike abilities is a lot more fun than just dropping a huge amount of cash to a new ride. You don't have to do that or grind as much in this because of that, and that's why this is the most fun to play of the three to me by just a bit over the original.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Finally beat River City Ransom Undergound this morning, after a patch fixed the final boss being able to infinitely juggle you.

Man, I wholly enjoyed this game. It's definitely not without its flaws and bugs, but despite that, I thought it was quite good. Well worth the $21.99 CDN, and good enough that I'm suggesting it in raocow's next patapon b-side poll (or, maybe get 3 other people and record/stream it as an extra thing).