(shouting)

A2MT Complete! 1.9.5 Released!

wanna make a game, or anything else? seminal bloom!
Jongseok

Re: A2MT Complete! 1.9.1 Released!

Post by Jongseok »

Tobi555 wrote:That shouldn't be the case, look at Tom. Sounds like a lot of weird unknown things are happening to you but I'm glad it works now XD Not sure about the save thing that's kinda weird, something probs happened while you we're trying to patch it or something, hard to say since I'm not doing it :lol:
What about bnk sample? I can make one available bank. SO we can put a sample which Wyatt uploaded in the rom.
Araragi Marisa's Anime List: MAL List
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Jongseok wrote: What about bnk sample? I can make one available bank. SO we can put a sample which Wyatt uploaded in the rom.
What song would we get rid of to get that bank sample?
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

Tobi555 wrote:
Jongseok wrote: What about bnk sample? I can make one available bank. SO we can put a sample which Wyatt uploaded in the rom.
Unused DKC2 bnk Sampled Forest Interlude.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Jongseok wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:
Unused DKC2 bnk Sampled Forest Interlude.
I guess that's alright, the one used is unsampled right?
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

Tobi555 wrote: I guess that's alright, the one used is unsampled right?
Yes, current song is unsampled. You said "Use a unsampled DKC2 song. Because sounds break."
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Jongseok wrote:
Yes, current song is unsampled. You said "Use a unsampled DKC2 song. Because sounds break."
Yea we can replace the sampled one then for the updated OW theme.
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

Tobi555 wrote:
Jongseok wrote:
Yea we can replace the sampled one then for the updated OW theme.
Question: Which overworld? Oh, Moon World
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Jongseok wrote:Oh, really? I just copy srm file to new one. You mean you need to start from 0 per every update. That's bad and stupid..
No, it probably had more to do with the fact that one of the ROMs I tried was corrupt, and it just corrupted the .srm file in turn. In the future, I'll just back up that file if I try to update A2MT, just in case. At any rate, it shouldn't take long to get back to where I was, since, like I said, it still saved the stages being *completed*, including secret exits, so all I need to do is re-gather the parrot coins and the treasures.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

Tobi555 wrote:
I inserted a bnk sample and tested it. Oh my god! It's really beautiful. I love this song suddenly.
It's really really different.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: A2MT Complete! 1.9.2 Released!

Post by Tobi555 »

YelseyKing wrote:
Jongseok wrote:Oh, really? I just copy srm file to new one. You mean you need to start from 0 per every update. That's bad and stupid..
No, it probably had more to do with the fact that one of the ROMs I tried was corrupt, and it just corrupted the .srm file in turn. In the future, I'll just back up that file if I try to update A2MT, just in case. At any rate, it shouldn't take long to get back to where I was, since, like I said, it still saved the stages being *completed*, including secret exits, so all I need to do is re-gather the parrot coins and the treasures.
There's a new update btw for a better version of moon world's music if you wanna update to it :P
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Tobi555 wrote:There's a new update btw for a better version of moon world's music if you wanna update to it :P
I downloaded the patch, but I'll wait to apply it until I get there. I want to hear the original, unsampled version first. :P

Also... that volcano map music, man. Man. Man! Good stuff.

Moists:

Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

YelseyKing wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:There's a new update btw for a better version of moon world's music if you wanna update to it :P
I downloaded the patch, but I'll wait to apply it until I get there. I want to hear the original, unsampled version first. :P

Also... that volcano map music, man. Man. Man! Good stuff.
YES! I chose that music and inserted it.
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

Changelog 1.9.2
Insert NSMB - Castle
Change original SMW Castle to nsmb castle.
Unsampled song, so sfx doesn't break.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

THUMP. Is. Hot. Garbage.

I absolutely, positively *hate* this stage. I have *no* good things to say about it. It is an absolutely horrible, borderline unplayable mess that is not only frustrating as hell, with its stupid, stupid, *stupid* "can't jump unless a thwomp bounces you upwards" mechanic, and incredibly pixel-perfect jumps where any mistake will kill you, and enemies that behave in odd ways, but it also goes on so *freaking* long that I actually died of time up long before the end. Meaning I have to go through that crap *again*. Argh. Even with save states, it's appallingly difficult. I simply can't imagine beating this one without them.

That fakeout goal before the second half is the icing on the bullshit cake. Whoever made this level is a sadist, pure and simple.

Moists:

YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Meh, sorry for the rant earlier. That stage just... mmf.

Couple things about Woodchuck Woods.

First... I watched raocow's video of it back during his A2MT LP (because I couldn't find the P-Switch), and the music is... completely different. "Puzzle Plank Galaxy" from Super Mario Galaxy 2; though he *did* use a different ROM when playing that stage. Is that song not in the A2MT ROM, which is why it was assigned a different song? (The one it currently uses is... honestly very ill-fitting, while the SMG2 song fits the level perfectly).

Second... not that it's a big deal, but you can jump on the pipe leading to the secret second half, and press down on it, entering it the wrong way. It leads to the same place and doesn't glitch the game or anything. It just looks kinda silly. Figured I'd note that. :P

Moists:

Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

YelseyKing wrote:Meh, sorry for the rant earlier. That stage just... mmf.

Couple things about Woodchuck Woods.

First... I watched raocow's video of it back during his A2MT LP (because I couldn't find the P-Switch), and the music is... completely different. "Puzzle Plank Galaxy" from Super Mario Galaxy 2; though he *did* use a different ROM when playing that stage. Is that song not in the A2MT ROM, which is why it was assigned a different song? (The one it currently uses is... honestly very ill-fitting, while the SMG2 song fits the level perfectly).

Second... not that it's a big deal, but you can jump on the pipe leading to the secret second half, and press down on it, entering it the wrong way. It leads to the same place and doesn't glitch the game or anything. It just looks kinda silly. Figured I'd note that. :P
Yea the version raocow played of Woodchuck Woods had music that wasn't used for the overworld version, not sure which one is intentional but it's there :P Oh thanks for letting me know, I might let this one go :lol: I still hope your enjoying your time with A2MT, there will be some minor differences from Zombie A2MT in regards to music. :)
Jongseok wrote:Changelog 1.9.2
Insert NSMB - Castle
Change original SMW Castle to nsmb castle.
Unsampled song, so sfx doesn't break.
No more updates for now. I have no plans to replace anymore music currently.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

All right. I have to rant again.

The word "moderation" does not appear to have been known whatsoever by limepie20 during the production of A2MT. I have decisively disliked only *two* stages in this hack. Oh, I've had *trouble* with a few others, but none have made me rage to the extent that "THUMP" and "A Beach" have. Look at this garbage:

During this small segment, you have to dodge:
-Jumping fish.
-Two Phantos.
-A fast-moving, large firebar.
-A "Maverick" (sideways) Thwomp.
All while underwater.

And to add insult to injury, right *after* that nonsense segment in question, you get *three* powerups. As if to taunt you. Before that? None. Nothing. Nada. I had to resort to a "always Super" Game Genie code to get past it. Not even save states were enough.

I know A2MT is supposed to be hard. But that's just unreasonable.

And the stage gets no easier after that. My gods...

Addendum: I made it to the Moon overworld. Wow. The unsampled version is... bad. I don't think I'll bother including that in the SPC set. :P

The fixed version sounds perfect, though.

Moists:

YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

And... I just went through the A2MT SPCs Jongseok sent me.

Tracks 28, 2A, 2C, 31, and 55 are of interest to me. They all sound like they're missing sample data... I assume none of these are used in A2MT proper, which is why they were left in such a state... but by any chance, do any surviving ROMs exist that *have* correct sample data for any or all of these five tracks? I'd like to include proper versions of them in the A2MT SPC set as unused "bonus tracks" if that's the case.

Moists:

QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Post by QubicTom »

YelseyKing wrote:All right. I have to rant again.
I feel your pain, dude! Not all of limepie20's levels are bad, though. Punctuated Time is great! The next really long and annoying level you'll meet will probably be Wrathful Romp. You'll find the chest, but I recommend looking at raocow's video (I think it's video 11a) for how to get to it. It's really dumb and has a very long, slow section before it.
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

YelseyKing wrote:And... I just went through the A2MT SPCs Jongseok sent me.

Tracks 28, 2A, 2C, 31, and 55 are of interest to me. They all sound like they're missing sample data... I assume none of these are used in A2MT proper, which is why they were left in such a state... but by any chance, do any surviving ROMs exist that *have* correct sample data for any or all of these five tracks? I'd like to include proper versions of them in the A2MT SPC set as unused "bonus tracks" if that's the case.
Yes, music No.28 and 55 are weird. And 2A is not used and finished. However, the others are all okay. They didn't use Tuning[X]=Y or $E5 Command.(bnk sample)
Last edited by Jongseok 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

YelseyKing wrote:And... I just went through the A2MT SPCs Jongseok sent me.

Music No.28 and 55 used a bnk sample.
Maybe a2mt didn't use these songs. I don't know exactly 'bout that. Though A2MT used those, the rom has sample data. ASM patched. I converted txt to spc, so if I don't have bnk, sampled song will sound weird.
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

YelseyKing wrote:
I'll reupload spc set which includes sampled Moon OW song and two sampled songs(28 and 55).
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

QubicTom wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:All right. I have to rant again.
I feel your pain, dude! Not all of limepie20's levels are bad, though. Punctuated Time is great! The next really long and annoying level you'll meet will probably be Wrathful Romp. You'll find the chest, but I recommend looking at raocow's video (I think it's video 11a) for how to get to it. It's really dumb and has a very long, slow section before it.
I actually finished Wrathful Romp, as well as the entire eastern "sky" portion of the map already. It wasn't *too* bad, just... claustrophobic. I managed to get the chest on my own through sheer luck in finding the invisible block with the extra hamburger, though it took me a few tries; it looks like it'd be *just* possible to get there with a single hamburger/balloon if you were to go fast enough, but I could never manage it.

Incidentally, since it seems like the only times I ever post in this thread are to report bugs or complain about stages I didn't like, it probably comes across as me being nitpicky or not liking A2MT. That's not the case at all! I'm actually, for the most part, having a lot of fun with this. Most of the stages have been well-made and difficult without being hair-tearingly frustrating, and I'm having a good time seeking out the parrot coins and the chests. It's just... I guess I find it easier to point out what I *didn't* like, than what I *did*...
Jongseok wrote:I'll reupload spc set which includes sampled Moon OW song and two sampled songs(28 and 55).
All right, thanks. I think I recognize 55 (sounds like a Live-A-Live song, which was mentioned in an old, now defunct A2MT wiki), but the instrumentation is all screwy.

Moists:

Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

I've been playing a2mt, here's some bug reports:

-In ice the 3rd sublevel (the ice one) of Phase Out, there's a landmass that's not filled in properly
-Some of the rocks in the Green Switch Palace (color room) have messed up collision, can swim through ceilings and get trapped above them until you get crushed
-Dodge The Beefsteak is supposed to have level-specific graphics where the banzai bills look like steak. (Anyone still have the original graphic for this?)
-A lot of paths are messed up. For example I got to betrayal rock, and it automatically unlocked the path back to land of illusions, even though I'd never unlocked land of illusions
-When you game over, if you choose "continue", the game puts you back where you were when you turned on the game and overwrites your save. This is a really big deal! If I didn't compulsively save state after every level, I would've had to redo the entirety of moon world! Don't know how hard this is to fix. We can always just disable the continue/end screen, since progress is saved properly as long as you don't get to that screen and hit continue.
Wyatt

Post by Wyatt »

YelseyKing wrote:A Beach
Lol

I think I'm the one who allowed this level to be in the game in this state. I'm so sorry

By the way, there's a hidden mushroom in the midpoint room, so you actually can get to that underwater part big and just tank your way through it. But yeah I beat the level savestateless and went through the underwater part like 20 times and never could get through it without taking a hit. Easily the stupidest obstacle in the game out of the ~6 worlds I've played so far