(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by BurntTenda »

I played Typoman.
It was a pretty neat game, although it had a very abrupt ending.
I really liked the monster design though.
And the sound design was very good.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Seeing a group play this WWE inspired match three game has me going back to Puzzles & Dragons Z. I beat the Super Mario Bros. side of the game a couple years back, so I'm trying to beat the other title on this 2-in-1 cart now.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

I started playing The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, and it's pree good!
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Slimeman01 wrote:I started playing The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth, and it's pree good!
Get with the times mate, afterbith+ has existed for a month now
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol
Pronouns: she/her

Post by idol »

resident evil 7 on vr is wild. it's cool tho

been playing shantae n the pirates curse tho. it's fun n cute, altho i do wonder why every females body shape is basically the same thing in that game lol. it and skullgirls border on "so busty it's uncomfortable" for me.

good music tho.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Picked up Bleed while it was on sale yesterday, and ended up beating it today.

Quite fun and enjoyable, even though I am terrible at Twin-Stick shooters.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I guess I'm playing Xenoblade for about the sixth time.
Maybe I'll actually try to do the Colony 6 stuff.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

So, I played a bit of the new Copy Kitty update. Wow, is the new stuff good.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I beat Middens, since I did not get far on it last time I tried. There was a lot of wandering around. I also found a bug that allowed me to fight enemies multiple times when you were not supposed to. Just leave the room before they vanish after dying. It was pretty neat to see all the different environments though it got repetitive towards the end.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Got my first ending on Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3. I should have gotten the true ending since I accidentally stumbled across everything required to get it on my first cycle but somehow, despite meeting the requirements, managed to only get the good ending. Must not be able to get it on your first cycle or something. Yet another strike against a game which improved the game mechanics but failed on basically every other thing. It turned all the decent characters into jokes, the story is in general just worse, the game's much more unstable than its predecessors (having the same major instability issue they had but adding additional stability issues), introduced a new character who's stupid, self-centered, and a huge sadist who doesn't really understand personal boundaries (or not treating her friends and companions like they're anything other than her possessions) and then focused huge parts of the story on her, and and turned my personal favorite character into the butt of like 90% of the jokes in the game.

Out of the three games, the second is by far the best. It has too much fan service crap and a few characters (Red because she's annoying and CFW Trick because he's just creepy as hell) really rub me the wrong way as well as the game mechanics not being quite as good as Re;Birth3's but the story and characters in general are much better than the first and third games. After having beaten the third one though, I'm not entirely certain if I'll ever actually get any of the others if they actually get on Gog.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Pokémon Emerald with nothing but Bug-types and a Feebas for water purposes and without buying healing items got back to being really freaking hard as soon as I got to another gym, it turned out. Mossdeep took a lot of Shedinja-based AI manipulation and Spite (somehow), Sootopolis also came down to Shedinja strats I believe? I dunno, it was a while ago. Just beat Wally this evening, with Whirlwind of all moves being the difference-maker. And I somehow still haven't bought any healing items, though whether or not what I've picked up along the way will even be enough for the Elite 4 remains to be seen.

Picked up Super Mario Sunshine also, after nearly swearing off the game entirely thanks to that one boat shine in Delfino Plaza - if you've played the game you know the one. :p Turns out you can get out-of-bounds with a Yoshi, jump up into underwater and just walk to the island yourself though, so I can actually tolerate playing the game. :​D

Also Mega Man Legends 2 intermittently in-between those I guess. It's kinda amazing thus far tbh
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Making it to that pipe isn't the problem for me. No, the problem is what you have to do once you're in it. I don't ever think I've done that one with the leaves. I just use the sides of that area and hover across that dangerous water to get all the red coins. Worst Shine in the game.

Also, I beat Puzzles & Dragons Z. There's a second quest type of deal once you beat it, but no. I'm perfectly fine with just completing the main adventure since it took around twenty hours or so. On to something with more action in it, thanks.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3

Post by YelseyKing »

Been playing Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando lately. Pretty fun; mostly the same deal as the first game, which is fine with me, since I enjoyed it. Not...quite sure how I feel about the RPGish "use weapon a lot until it upgrades" mechanic. Makes the game feel unnecessarily grindy, especially with the fact that "experience" seems to diminish after you've killed so many enemies. Either that, or some weapons are just painfully slow to upgrade. Also, I seem to have hit a glitch in the arena, where no ammo spawns. That's... going to make the 60 round marathon "Impossible Challenge" live up to its name if I have to carefully ration ammo throughout that mess. (I made it to the end once, before the "ammo doesn't spawn" glitch happened... I lost to the final enemy, who I didn't know how to defeat. Blargh.)
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Nuclear Throne is a lot of fun, and has no major problems.

...but holy shit, there are 1001 minor issues that make it so aggravating to play.

So many runs lost to the fact that I thought that bullet would hit the wall, but north facing walls have a WHOLE DAMN TILE of overhang. So no, that bullet passes right under it, and you don't even see it because it's completely obscured.

Seriously, I could make a whole damn list out of all the nitpicks and quality-of-life issues this thing has.
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

I started playing Sword of Mana again after hearing an interesting tidbit about killing 999 of the same monster, which I never discovered.

Cue trying to 100% the game and find all the ridiculous, stupid sidequests and secrets I never bothered with much before. So far, I've completed and/or started all the quests up to Jadd (including murdering a few cyclops and getting an aerolite, power leveling my bow skill in the process).
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Been trying out that Mega Man 2.5D fan game that came out last month. It's got a couple of hiccups both graphically and with the engine, but overall, it runs pretty well and was fun for the one stage I tried out. Took forever to get it set up the way I wanted to, though, but that's on me and not the game.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Well, I guess I'm about as finished with Ratchet and Clank 2 as my abilities and patience will let me be. I got every Skill Point except two that aren't really feasible except on Challenge Mode (the one to get and upgrade every weapon, and the one to max out your life bar, neither of which I'm anywhere close to doing right now), and three Platinum Bolts.

Those space race courses are not even remotely reasonable. Flying through a huge number of rings with wonky hitboxes and that require some tight turns and fancy maneuvering? Sure, I might be able to manage that with some practice. Racing a "Perfect Play AI" through an obstacle course? Yeah, I can deal with that, too, given a few chances. Doing both at once, and perfectly, at that, with the incredibly loose controls of the space flight stages? Hahahahaha no son, not happening. That's *well* beyond my level of patience. The rings are hard enough to fly through at *normal* speed, let alone using boosters in order to win a race while doing so. Fortunately, from all I understand, the Platinum Bolt upgrades, save for Lock On, are virtually useless in Challenge Mode, so it's not *essential* that I get them. And the only ones I'm *missing* anyhow are for a few weapons I almost never use. So.

Moists:

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I recently decided to play through the Assassin Creed games cause why not, made it all the way to AC3 before grinding to a halt out of boredom. (As a note, AC3 is the 5th game. Blame the game makers.)

So now I'm playing through Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky using a team of Ralts and Chingling. I've also sorta begun Final Fantasy V after having taken a brake from the series for a while, ever since 4 left a bad taste in my mouth. Stopped in front of a tower place.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Jongseok

Post by Jongseok »

pholtos wrote:I recently decided to play through the Assassin Creed games cause why not, made it all the way to AC3 before grinding to a halt out of boredom. (As a note, AC3 is the 5th game. Blame the game makers.)

So now I'm playing through Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky using a team of Ralts and Chingling. I've also sorta begun Final Fantasy V after having taken a brake from the series for a while, ever since 4 left a bad taste in my mouth. Stopped in front of a tower place.
Final Fantasy IV, V, VI, VII, IX are really great. I want to watch you play those games on YouTube someday.. :D
Araragi Marisa's Anime List: MAL List
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

I'm considering playing Mother 3. I need confirmation that this is a good idea. :P

Moists:

BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

YelseyKing wrote:I'm considering playing Mother 3. I need confirmation that this is a good idea. :P
This is a good idea.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist

Post by Slimeman01 »

YelseyKing wrote:I'm considering playing Mother 3. I need confirmation that this is a good idea. :P
Why would you need confirmation, this game is awesome!
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Oh no, don't do that. Mother 3 stinks even more than Earthbound!
(Formerly Jayoshi)
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Picked up River City Ransom: Underground today. It's very fun, but so far, somewhat hard. Probably will get a lieelt easier once I'm able to increase my Max Stanima.