(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Re: biggie > tupac

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Coryman wrote:Spent more time than I'd like to admit alone listening to Rush
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Feeling great my first day here in Michigan :3 I have food, internet, a stress free home, and a really sweet kitty
That crazy voice dude
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Glad to hear that :D
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:Feeling great my first day here in Michigan :3 I have food, internet, a stress free home, and a really sweet kitty
Keep it up, Skullomania. Image
ParmaJon
Moose in a suit
First name: Jon (a bit too obvious?)
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by ParmaJon »

Im eating a muffin right now and have no idea what kind it is. It has an orangish brownish colored stuff on the inside but i cant tell what it is.
Go to bed

UnclePutte
Potatoes do their best now and are preparing. Please wait warmly until it is ready
First name: Putte

Post by UnclePutte »

ParmaJon wrote:Im eating a muffin right now and have no idea what kind it is. It has an orangish brownish colored stuff on the inside but i cant tell what it is.
Kebab and paint thinner relish muffin. They're real popular these days.
ParmaJon
Moose in a suit
First name: Jon (a bit too obvious?)

Post by ParmaJon »

UnclePutte wrote:
ParmaJon wrote:Im eating a muffin right now and have no idea what kind it is. It has an orangish brownish colored stuff on the inside but i cant tell what it is.
Kebab and paint thinner relish muffin. They're real popular these days.
Well, that explains why I feel kinda light headed, although I think I only ate one of the kebab sticks and not both of them. Thanks for solving the mystery!
Go to bed

idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol
Pronouns: she/her

Post by idol »

im gonna take so much blood thinner medication that my blood becomes so thin it can cut through time
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

🅱iggie 🅱heeze
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Post by Coryman »

I have a series lack of objects sharp enough to cut through my skin in a controlled manner (rather than with force like a steak knife).
This is a problem because I need to remove a fully submerged sliver, so far nail clippers are the best choice somehow?
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Coryman wrote:I have a series lack of objects sharp enough to cut through my skin in a controlled manner (rather than with force like a steak knife).
This is a problem because I need to remove a fully submerged sliver, so far nail clippers are the best choice somehow?
i don't remember the last time I had a splinter but I hear tweezers are the tool of choice here, and don't involve incisions.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
nothobz
of the jungle
First name: george

Post by nothobz »

one time i got a metal sliver and it hurt a lot more than a wood splinter but anyways as i was saying i wanted to leave it in my finger for the rest of my life you know hey look at this metal in my hand i'd say (to people) and then it rusted and either fell out or i took it out or it disintegrated but it turned green and was no longer cool

if your teeth are real i'd bite it out
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

nothobz wrote:one time i got a metal sliver and it hurt a lot more than a wood splinter but anyways as i was saying i wanted to leave it in my finger for the rest of my life you know hey look at this metal in my hand i'd say (to people) and then it rusted and either fell out or i took it out or it disintegrated but it turned green and was no longer cool
I don't think keeping a metal silver in your hand is particularly healthy.
I'm not a doctor, though...

I remember one time I had a splinter, had no idea it was there, and then it became infected and the skin there was green.
And then after getting rid of the infected area, there ended up being a green finger nail trying to grow inward.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
onpon4
Sharing is good.
First name: Julie

Post by onpon4 »

BurntTenda wrote:I don't think keeping a metal silver in your hand is particularly healthy.
That would depend on what kind of metal it is, wouldn't it? ;) After all, wearing earrings isn't dangerous. But you'd have to be an idiot to wear earrings made of lead. (And it would turn you into an even bigger idiot.)
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Looking through the MaGL X3 showrunner application thread, there's a lot of people worried about a saturation of contests. But honestly, I think it's so cool that SMBX has grown in popularity so much that there's always a contest open, always an opportunity to design competitively.
onpon4 wrote:After all, wearing earrings isn't dangerous.
keeping an earring on permanently is probably pretty dangerous. nobody i've heard of leaves jewelry in their piercings for long periods of time like that
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
idol
its only scary if its wet
First name: idol
Pronouns: she/her

Post by idol »

i leave my nose ring n labret in for long periods of time but take out my earrings at the end of the day
onpon4
Sharing is good.
First name: Julie

Post by onpon4 »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:keeping an earring on permanently is probably pretty dangerous. nobody i've heard of leaves jewelry in their piercings for long periods of time like that
In fact, the earrings put in your piercings the first time can be left in forever, and you're not supposed to take them out until it completely heals. That means you're supposed to be wearing them for several months straight at first. If you don't do this, your chance of infection increases.
nothobz
of the jungle
First name: george

Post by nothobz »

BurntTenda wrote:I don't think keeping a metal silver in your hand is particularly healthy.
I'm not a doctor, though...
what are you a doctor? :x :x :x :x it was a piece of metal off a truck at work.

one time i popped a blister with a staple and my finger got infected and my nail fell off.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:Looking through the MaGL X3 showrunner application thread, there's a lot of people worried about a saturation of contests. But honestly, I think it's so cool that SMBX has grown in popularity so much that there's always a contest open, always an opportunity to design competitively.
I guess the problem I have is with the oversaturation of them... and the fact that raocow feels the need to play each and every one of them, almost entirely monopolizing the Mario-centric A-Sides. I totally get that people like testing their skills and then seeing raocow's reaction to them, but I find myself *seriously* missing the actual *games*.

And with that, there are three big things that make contest LPs less enjoyable to me than standard game ones, which I didn't actually elaborate on before.

1) Contests are, by their very nature, all over the place. There's no feeling of "progression" in the sense that you're working your way through a game. There's no "theme" to the levels, since they're all done completely independently, and likewise the difficulty tends to be all over the place. Instead of feeling like a cohesive game, even if they're laid out to resemble such, they still come across as 100 different small games in one package.

2) What progression there *is* tends to be solely based upon quality. Early on, you have your so-bad-they're-good last place levels, and near the very end, you get the amazing top 10-20 (or whatever) that really showcase what the engine is capable of. The rest? Mostly mediocre, unremarkable stages that were neither good nor bad enough to be even remotely memorable. And that, sadly, tends to be what takes up the greatest bulk of contest LPs. You have a hilarious beginning, an exciting finish, and generally a quagmire of mediocrity for the rest of it.

3) Drama. Drama. Drama. Drama. DRAMA! As Ryrir pointed out in the VLDC thread, every stage in a contest LP is met with scrutiny both in the comments and on the forum. Whether it be that it ranked too high/low, that it was better than [insert stage you liked better] or not, the quality (or lack thereof) of the judges, and basically every other complaint under the sun... It's just a mess. Yeah, you'll see complaints about individual stages in an actual game, but it's far less concentrated, and doesn't tend to cause the comments/forum to erupt into a minor civil war.

Again, these are all just my views and opinions, and no one is obligated to agree with them. I'm just elaborating on why the contest glut has turned me off. I do agree, though, that it's nice that SMBX has gotten as popular as it has. So there's that. :P

Plus: I'm among the least competitive people you'll ever come across. The very nature of contests is something that makes me uncomfortable. :P
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

YelseyKing wrote:valid opinions
Don't get me wrong, I completely agree about the issue of contest/dedicated game LPs, and how frequent rao's LPs of them are getting. I was just saying that yeah, the SMBX community is so active that anybody wanting to LP or participate in a contest can't reasonably do so for every contest, and actually has to use discretion. And it's really cool IMO that SMBX got big enough to have that problem at all.

addon 2/21
How do you regain focus on a project that eludes your interest? I'm trying to do work on a big group project but I'm having a hard time caring about it, despite it being a very important grade.
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
RegiGiygas
listening to oingo boingo
First name: uriah
Pronouns: he/him

Post by RegiGiygas »

My perler bead collection as it now stands
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

Nice Grand Dad and Nozomi you got there.

Although I'm kinda disappointed you didn't do the enitre Stardust Crusaders lineup.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
RegiGiygas
listening to oingo boingo
First name: uriah
Pronouns: he/him

Post by RegiGiygas »

Sorel wrote:Nice Grand Dad and Nozomi you got there.

Although I'm kinda disappointed you didn't do the enitre Stardust Crusaders lineup.
Yeah, I'm still working on them, I ran out of black while doing Jotaro and gave up. e
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

RegiGiygas wrote:My perler bead collection as it now stands
Did you make all of those yourself? If so, daaaang, you talented.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024