(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: biggie > tupac

Post by Ashan »

Talkhaus, will you be my Valentine?

BECAUSE I'M SURE AS HELL NOT HAVING MUCH LUCK WITH THAT IN REAL LIFE

Not that you're, like, my backup or anything :oops:
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

I'll be your valentine if you give me chocolate :D

In other news, today's discussion has been brilliant, and made my week :)
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Ashan wrote:Talkhaus, will you be my Valentine?

BECAUSE I'M SURE AS HELL NOT HAVING MUCH LUCK WITH THAT IN REAL LIFE

Not that you're, like, my backup or anything :oops:
Welcome to the bone zone ;0
That crazy voice dude
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Happy Singles Awareness Day
nothobz
of the jungle
First name: george

Post by nothobz »

i could get a valentine if i wanted to i just dont :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Ashan wrote:Not that you're, like, my backup or anything :oops:
Ashan confirmed for tsundere.
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

I had a nice valentine's day. However, since posting about good valentine's day experiences is illegal on the internet, I'll just leave until further notice.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Ivy wrote:
Jayoshi wrote: still 4 months before I move to america
I recommend you extend that to 4 years.
Sure, if you'll pay for my visa.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Jayoshi wrote:I had a nice valentine's day. However, since posting about good valentine's day experiences is illegal on the internet, I'll just leave until further notice.
Even though I'm a jealous and lonely fuck today, I'm curious.

Please share.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

I bought two chocolate bars for a girl I like. She not only accepted it, but gave me some chocolate back as well! I'm glad she was able to be my Valentine today. :)

Later, some other guy told me that she already had a boyfriend, but considering that the alleged boyfriend knew I liked her and also that she was going to be my Valentine, I really didn't care. I've also known the joykill guy for making lousy excuses before, which makes me care even less.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Post by Coryman »

I would totally have a valentine if I didn't decide against eating sugar this year.... heh heh...
Also, y'know, if I was not sick at home
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

appreciate the happily single people today.
because they exist.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

The whole roses are red thing confuses me with the next line because violets are not blue. They're purple. That's why they're called violets. These are the things a sleep-deprived me is thinking about before hitting the hay in the middle of the afternoon on a lazy day.

And yeah, I'm also totally single this year, but it's not like I'm actively interested in that stuff right now anyway.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

Well I got a smile from my crush.

That's worth something... right?
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

When I was single before, be Valentine's never bothered me. This year it kinda does, but I'm keeping myself busy.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Jayoshi wrote:I bought two chocolate bars for a girl I like. She not only accepted it, but gave me some chocolate back as well! I'm glad she was able to be my Valentine today. :)
Well, both of you just broke even on chocolate in the end. If you really wanted to win, you should have given her slightly less chocolate than she gave you, and you'd make a small profit.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I spent my Valentine's day walking around like C3PO because my buddy took me to the gym to lift weights a couple days ago which I don't normally do. Yesterday wasn't that bad but today I can barely move.

I also have a potentially scary midterm tomorrow so I was not at all focused on the holiday.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Valentine's Day means little to me.

I've never had a girlfriend.

Like. Ever.

All right, so I had one like, *very* briefly.

When I was about... 13.

I'm 34 now.

Still haven't had another.

:cry:
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

I went out drinking at a game bar. No regrets.
nothobz
of the jungle
First name: george

Post by nothobz »

i spent valentines day the sam way i spend all days ;)
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I sort of asked this to myself on Twitter, but I'll ask it here. How many long-running shows can you name where you find the first season to be the best? Only brought it up because of MacGyver of all things, the '80s one and not the reboot I haven't paid any attention to. Usually, shows in their first seasons are finding their feet, but this one's pretty decent with the cool nerd saving the day routine. There were a couple of duds, and a decent amount of mixed bags, but I wound up enjoying over half of the episodes.

Most shows are usually best in their middle seasons after the characters have been established, and sometimes the later seasons can be the best when the characters become more caricatures and go over the top, but it's rare to see a first season be the most fun to watch.
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles

Post by Mikkofier »

Didn't even notice it was Valentine's day yesterday. Oh well.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Bean wrote:I sort of asked this to myself on Twitter, but I'll ask it here. How many long-running shows can you name where you find the first season to be the best? Only brought it up because of MacGyver of all things, the '80s one and not the reboot I haven't paid any attention to. Usually, shows in their first seasons are finding their feet, but this one's pretty decent with the cool nerd saving the day routine. There were a couple of duds, and a decent amount of mixed bags, but I wound up enjoying over half of the episodes.

Most shows are usually best in their middle seasons after the characters have been established, and sometimes the later seasons can be the best when the characters become more caricatures and go over the top, but it's rare to see a first season be the most fun to watch.
I think the American version of The Office got increasingly worse as it went on. It's kinda hard to compare the first 2 seasons because the first one felt much more similar to the UK version and was also only 6 episodes compared to the 20+ standard of later seasons, and for the first like 3 seasons it was still pretty good but then they increasingly starting jumping bigger and bigger sharks. So I don't know if I'd say the first is the best but it could be argued I'm sure.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Yeah, there are some shows I can think of where the first season is good like Roseanne, NCIS, or even Star Trek: Voyager, but I think all of those have a better season at some point later on. I never watched The Office, but it's sounding like you're putting it in that same company.

It's not like this is as meant as a slight unless the show literally jumps the shark after the first season, but shows like that don't usually go on for five years or more to begin with. It was just one of those things I was thinking about and wanted to know if there's a show like that for you all out there.
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Post by Coryman »

For valentine's day this year...
I didn't eat a single piece of chocolate or candy
Talked to only two females, one of whom is my mom and the other might as well be my sister
Spent more time than I'd like to admit alone listening to Rush

So yeah I'd call that a productive day!
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.