(shouting)

Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep79c FINAL - Won 1F8

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep77f - Shattered Soul

Post by QubicTom »

cozyduck wrote:Extremely unpopular opinion: I really like the balloon room
In retrospect it's a good room. But it was too slow and meticulous for me!
nathanisbored wrote:I think if it weren't so slow paced, and didn't require so much rocking of the D-pad, it would be much more enjoyable. and those things are unfortunately the same problem in vanilla smw.
That's how I felt about it too. I wonder if it would work as a swimming level?
lolyoshi wrote:The pipes are colour-coded. The blue ones are enter-able from any side, while the green ones are only one-way.
ft029 wrote:2 examples of why JUMP1/2 needs an actual tutorial on how blue and green pipes work... sigh.
I never noticed this pattern, there was too much else to focus on during the level. Is this colour coding consistent just in this room, or is this common amongst all hacks for some lunar magic reason?
morsel/morceau wrote:I actually like the bath-tub room best of my three sub-levels, and think the plants an appropriate enemy to use (but I suppose I assume that the player knows that there are only four lines of fire, two upwards lines and two downwards lines; this assumption (on my part) of knowledge (on the player's part) may be unjustified), even if they are hard to read on first sight, like the other obstacles in the level (and I think the quality of being hard to read becomes more discountable, even sometimes desirable, in an end-game level).
The room was quite well made, and it is true that in the endgame levels can be unforgiving, but I think some of the obstacles required too much waiting (the beginning of the room and the star). Using plants made sense, but the p-balloon moves so slow that it's often impossible to dodge the fireballs, especially with how restricted the safe spots are. It's definitely a decent room, but just not one that was fun for me!

To be clear, I really liked all of your levels in this hack - I can appreciate something for its merit even when I struggle with them! Take, for example, today's video :D
Ep77g - Shattered Shins
lolyoshi
don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep77f - Shattered Soul

Post by lolyoshi »

QubicTom wrote:
lolyoshi wrote:The pipes are colour-coded. The blue ones are enter-able from any side, while the green ones are only one-way
ft029 wrote:2 examples of why JUMP1/2 needs an actual tutorial on how blue and green pipes work... sigh.
I never noticed this pattern, there was too much else to focus on during the level. Is this colour coding consistent just in this room, or is this common amongst all hacks for some lunar magic reason?
It's consistent in all hacks.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep77g - Shattered Shins

Post by Tobi555 »

What episode did Tom play 1F8 in? I wanna stay totally blind to JUMP even though it's been years XD 1F8 is the only real level I know about in JUMP and that's cuz Anon made it XD
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep77g - Shattered Shins

Post by Sugar »

Tobi555 wrote:What episode did Tom play 1F8 in? I wanna stay totally blind to JUMP even though it's been years XD 1F8 is the only real level I know about in JUMP and that's cuz Anon made it XD
He didn't yet.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

GlitchMr wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:What episode did Tom play 1F8 in? I wanna stay totally blind to JUMP even though it's been years XD 1F8 is the only real level I know about in JUMP and that's cuz Anon made it XD
He didn't yet.
Oh...oooohhhh XD My bad :lol:
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

I haven't reached 1F8 yet, actually! That's the very last level - I have just one level left to complete to reach it :)

While I'm here, just want to let everyone know that today's Mario video is delayed until at least tomorrow. Actually, there's only a week left until I move house, so there will be disruptions like this to come in the near future. I will try my best to continue near-daily updates though :D

Y'all can try out the "Emergency Crash Bash" videos if you're interested :lol:
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote:
I haven't reached 1F8 yet, actually! That's the very last level - I have just one level left to complete to reach it :)

While I'm here, just want to let everyone know that today's Mario video is delayed until at least tomorrow. Actually, there's only a week left until I move house, so there will be disruptions like this to come in the near future. I will try my best to continue near-daily updates though :D

Y'all can try out the "Emergency Crash Bash" videos if you're interested :lol:
Oh wow, funny how Anon made the final post game level for both JUMP and A2MT. :lol: No sweat man, life happens :)
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

QubicTom wrote:Y'all can try out the "Emergency Crash Bash" videos if you're interested :lol:
Okay at this point, Coco is just your waifu.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep77h - Doppelganger Dream

Post by QubicTom »

More progress! I also recorded the next room after these. It really didn't go well, but that video will be for Sunday!
Ep77h - Doppelganger Dreams
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep77i - Dashed Dreams

Post by QubicTom »

Double mario release today! I realize what I'm doing wrong in this room, so the next session should clear it!
Ep77i - Dashed Dreams
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

You better get used to leaving water. You played worldpeace's room, you played Punctuated Time, you played Goofy Grotto, do you think it's over?

I'm voting to do postgame, and ignore Iso's room for now.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

GlitchMr wrote:I'm voting to do postgame, and ignore Iso's room for now.
Oops, your vote came in a bit too late!

Why, Iso, why? Actually it's fun to play, and near the end of the session I could get some distance consistently. Maybe next episode I'll finish this?
Ep77j - Sinistrally Shattered
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep77k - Diabolical Dreams [Iso's Room]

Post by QubicTom »

And thus Shattered Dreams is complete. Iso's room was actually pretty good and more fair than I thought at first!
Ep77k - Diabolical Dreams
Grounder

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep77k - Diabolical Dreams [Iso's Room]

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

Hooray! Now that you're done Shattered Dreams I might not have its song stuck in my head next week!
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep78 - Shell Shock [Shell Sticker]

Post by QubicTom »

Second last level of JUMP. Just a few more days and it's all over. I don't know how to feel about that!
Ep78 - Shell Shock
Grounder

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep78 - Shell Shock [Shell Sticker]

Post by Grounder »

truly you are the paper mario sticker star
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage
nathanisbored

Post by nathanisbored »

CONGRATS!!

Ok so one more level. good luck! i personally think 1F8 is like the 3rd or 4th hardest level in the game, but it's certainly the most intimidating.
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Voting for 1F8.

Hints:
- 1F8 per-room checkpoints are real midway points and can be saved in save house. (they weren't in 1.00, but that was changed in 1.01)
- You won't lose lifes in 1F8 if you retry.
- Have fun.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

Also, anon said there's a hidden "easter egg" floor tile somewhere and it's sole purpose is that if anyone complains that there's no ground he can just point to that one tile which does nothing for you. That's just the kind of level we're dealing with here :lol: 1F8 and B-Side are amazing they just gel so smoothly as levels...despite being extremely hard :) He really put tile 1F0 to use in ways i never thought possible :lol:
anonymousbl00dlust

Post by anonymousbl00dlust »

Wow, I can't believe you are going to beat this game before me lol.
I haven't been following this thread or your LP so that I stay blind to other peoples levels, but I think its safe to congratulate you on a job well done! From what I have experienced so far, this game was not easy at all, so kudos for making it all the way through!

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you play my level. Hopefully its more enjoyable than it is painful :P
Tobi555 wrote:Also, anon said there's a hidden "easter egg" floor tile somewhere and it's sole purpose is that if anyone complains that there's no ground he can just point to that one tile which does nothing for you. That's just the kind of level we're dealing with here :lol: 1F8 and B-Side are amazing they just gel so smoothly as levels...despite being extremely hard :) He really put tile 1F0 to use in ways i never thought possible :lol:

The secret tile is in the rope room. It's literally just a cement block, but there is so much stuff going on that no one has caught it yet lol.

alex2 wrote:It's all a matter of taste.
lolyoshi
don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

Post by lolyoshi »

anonymousbl00dlust wrote:

The secret tile is in the rope room. It's literally just a cement block, but there is so much stuff going on that no one has caught it yet lol.

you can't even fucking stand on it
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

anonymousbl00dlust wrote:I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you play my level. Hopefully its more enjoyable than it is painful :P
It's definitely a very very fun level, but I give all my opinions thus far in the video. The video below is edited from about an hour and fifteen minutes of recording. I make sure to show every death :D

The beginning of the end.
Ep79a - 1F8 111111000
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote:
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you play my level. Hopefully its more enjoyable than it is painful :P
It's definitely a very very fun level, but I give all my opinions thus far in the video. The video below is edited from about an hour and fifteen minutes of recording. I make sure to show every death :D

The beginning of the end.
Ep79a - 1F8 111111000
Oh boy Anonymous Bloodlust considered by some to be the "Jesus" of Mario playing because of how flawless he can be at playing extremely hard levels. I decided to watch this week's JUMP episode to see you go through 1F8 and your doing pretty well :) It makes me all the more excited to see you do B-Side from A2MT it's longer harder (older) brother :lol:
Grounder

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep79a - 1F8 111111000

Post by Grounder »

home stretch

these last handful of rooms are gonna be tough though
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

ImageImageImage