(shouting)

Dust: An Elysian Tail - The Adventures of Sasuke and his Anime Figure Collection

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Stink Terios

Re: Dust: An Elysian Tail - The Adventures of Sasuke and his Anime Figure Collection

Post by Stink Terios »

And thus, Dust turns to dust, proving this was a stealth Undertale LP all along.
Sebby19

Re: Dust: An Elysian Tail - The Adventures of Sasuke and his Anime Figure Collection

Post by Sebby19 »

raocow, I've said this several times now, head back to the Mansion with the rescued friends for something awesome.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Next Patreon game FYI is

Psychonauts

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I'm doing something before that. like Hyper Light Drifter, it's a game that keeps showing up in the patreon polls and gets pretty high but never won.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

Was that sniffling I heard during the credits? Well either the ending really got to you or you had quite a runny nose.

Honestly, re-watching the game's story and such, I can agree that the Normal difficulty is too easy and I should've played on Tough to begin with, but honestly I don't think the game is good enough to play through a second time.

I still feel the same about the characters, though I do like Fidget a bit more than I used to, but not by much. If they actually spread out the exposition instead of forcing it all into a overblown climax, I think it would've been more effective.

But yeah. It's a good game. It won't get a place in my 'favorite games of all time' list, but one play through felt very satisfying.

Who has the most?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

It looks fun enough that if I get disposable income and remember it, I'd buy it for a playthrough. I like all kinds of platformers anyway. Still think its biggest issue was the talky sequences went on way longer than they really should've, but the combat and stuff you can do using Fidget looks like a blast that makes up for it.
Katazuki
wawa
Pronouns: whomst

Post by Katazuki »

I feel like the overblown dialogue was meant to give the characters some form of impact on the player. However, I'd say the best way to do that is probably as its done in Undertale. Action and personality speaks louder than words. Probably why I think Fidget is the best character in the game.

I surely hope that the harder difficulties actually does make the Fidget spam less effective. Because honestly she's so OP that the sword combat is hardly worth doing in normal.

Who has the most?
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

raocow wrote:I'm doing something before that. like Hyper Light Drifter, it's a game that keeps showing up in the patreon polls and gets pretty high but never won.
vote for raocow's infrequent c side
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I'm glad this LP gave me the push to finally get around to playing the game. It was pretty fun both to play and as an LP. raocow's jovial persona always shines with these destroy-the-world-type spectacle games.

I don't think combat is much different on tough difficulty. It looks to me like the main thing you have to be more careful about is environmental hazards. There were a few times the icicles in Blackmoor Mountains gave me a lot of trouble playing on tough since it's easy to lose track of them during combat and they do a ton of damage, and there are places the spikes can become a pretty big problem if you get a little bit careless. But you're still ridiculously overpowered for combat and will rarely get hit by anything as long as you are constantly attacking.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

So with this game coming to a close, I'm gonna share something that hasn't been brought up.

This game had a rushed development (and a little bit of feature creep), and

General Gaius was not the final boss in the original plans, and there was going to be one more chapter that would have essentially fleshed out the game a bit more, but was cut primarily due to time constraints. And by time constraints I mean he had to cram 8-10 months of dev time into THREE MONTHS in order to release it for the xbox "Summer of Arcade". So yeah, if it seemed weird and kinda rushed at points, that's why.

Also there's a postmortem by the creator too: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/1 ... hp?print=1
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Grounder wrote: vote for raocow's infrequent c side
Big Fish Legend 2?
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Yeah no the game doesn't get to try and pretend that Gaius was just some conflicted, gray area character when the rest of the entire game basically treated him like Furry Hitler.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

He really is furry hitler, but it'd be nice to know what his motivations were beyond just "exterminate moonbloods". I'm guessing his reasons were in the stuff that got cut/rushed to meet the Xbox Summer of Arcade deadline. He's still reprehensible and has to die for being literally hitler, but you can't just be like "oh, the assassin was actually his friend" and get sympathy for that.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Wait wait wait, hold the phone a moment--how exactly does eliminating Gaius fix everything and assure that the Moonblood's will never again live in fear? Sure, he was the one leading the genocidal campaign, but he was not the one who ordered it in the first place. That was his boss. We're told smultiple times that he and Cassius work for some mysterious king, who apparently considers it high treason to not hate lizard folk, and who would, in the context, be the actual furry Hitler. Yet after all is said and done, he apparently gets off here with no more than an implied fist shake and a "Curses, foiled again!" whereafter he presumably goes back to drafting more mass murder maneuvers to be carried out by his second highest-ranking officer or what have you. Did the game forget its own backstory here? Especially considering it does seem to want to hint at the whole "on the morally wrong side but grown up in a culture where certain vicious attitudes are considered normal and thus oblivious to the actual character and extent of one's one crimes" theme at several points if unwilling to actually commit to it. Oh deary deary me.
ACesspoolofHatred
What vision is this? What happens to the world?!

Post by ACesspoolofHatred »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:Wait wait wait, hold the phone a moment--how exactly does eliminating Gaius fix everything and assure that the Moonblood's will never again live in fear? Sure, he was the one leading the genocidal campaign, but he was not the one who ordered it in the first place. That was his boss. We're told smultiple times that he and Cassius work for some mysterious king, who apparently considers it high treason to not hate lizard folk, and who would, in the context, be the actual furry Hitler. Yet after all is said and done, he apparently gets off here with no more than an implied fist shake and a "Curses, foiled again!" whereafter he presumably goes back to drafting more mass murder maneuvers to be carried out by his second highest-ranking officer or what have you. Did the game forget its own backstory here? Especially considering it does seem to want to hint at the whole "on the morally wrong side but grown up in a culture where certain vicious attitudes are considered normal and thus oblivious to the actual character and extent of one's one crimes" theme at several points if unwilling to actually commit to it. Oh deary deary me.
Maybe that'll be explored in the eventual sequel????
raocow wrote:I'm doing something before that. like Hyper Light Drifter, it's a game that keeps showing up in the patreon polls and gets pretty high but never won.
So I went back through the patapon topic and looked over at some of the higher results from last poll (excluding Hyper Light Drifter because that was already played).

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy 34
Axiom Verge 33
Dynamite Headdy 32
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror 28
Electronic Superjoy 27
Faxanadu 27
Prinny: Can I really be the hero? 27
DKC Trilogy 25
Odallus: The Dark Call 24
Ittle Dew 22
Super Paper Mario 22
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams 21
Legend of the Dark Witch 21
Ys Origin 20

have fun tearing yourselves apart figuring out which one it is
I have no social media presence, my only purpose here is to dismay and terrify you all, and I hope to continue to do so - Me, on one of Duvi0's Drawful streams
Y'know, Cesspool, that is, like, honestly... That was what I expected from you, and y'know what? That's my favorite thing that anyone does, specifically. Cesspool I adore you. - Duvi0 that same stream
Voltgloss
Ask, and you shall be given. Think, and you shall find.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Voltgloss »

Fingers crossed for Axiom Verge.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

"Am I still delusional?"
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

It has to be Dynamite Headdy. People have been pushing raocow to play that for a while and he seemed to really like the footage that he saw during that patreon trailers video.

Although I'm still hoping for Faxanadu.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Geez raocow, you've been flying up in the air because of enemies THE ENTIRE GAME, so I just had to facepalm hard when you didn't know how to use those bomb enemies to get to the chest.. just... argh.

I know it's not quite finished yet but I'm super happy my patreon submission got voted in after just two tries, loved this LP thoroughly and I'm really glad Fidget ended up your favourite character, best £12 I've ever spent. :P
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

I hope it's not Axiom Verge but I also kinda hope it is

I just can't enjoy Axiom Verge because Environmental Station Alpha does everything it does but way better & has more depth to it as well

But Axiom Verge is "prettier" so that's all that matters I guess
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Parama wrote:I hope it's not Axiom Verge but I also kinda hope it is
I kinda hope not. I don't mind the game but it'd be the third lp I've watched of it in a year and the last one ended not even two weeks ago to boot.
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Parama wrote:I just can't enjoy Axiom Verge because Environmental Station Alpha does everything it does but way better & has more depth to it as well
Man, this is like, my exact feeling towards both of these games. I liked Axiom Verge a lot, but something about the atmosphere of ESA clicked way more with me.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

As promised.

FOREVER
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Aww, I was kinda hoping the ducks would through a bigger rave party, but I can take what I get.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Sebby19 wrote:raocow, I've said this several times now, head back to the Mansion with the rescued friends for something awesome.
That was it? That was the totally awesome thing worth pestering him over?