(shouting)

Dust: An Elysian Tail - The Adventures of Sasuke and his Anime Figure Collection

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
The Doctor

Re: Dust: An Elysian Tail - The Adventures of Sasuke and his Anime Figure Collection

Post by The Doctor »

so is that old lady just going to sit there chatting with her dead husband until she dies from starvation? That's kinda dark.
Grounder

Re: Dust: An Elysian Tail - The Adventures of Sasuke and his Anime Figure Collection

Post by Grounder »

The Doctor wrote:so is that old lady just going to sit there chatting with her dead husband until she dies from starvation? That's kinda dark.
I think that it's less starvation and more heart failure, but otherwise, yeah.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

And he forgot about that cage.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I don't think lightning uses more energy, the energy meter just takes some time to start charging up again once it's emptied. Melee attacks recharge it though, so you can mix in a few random strikes here and there while you're charging through enemies to keep the meter active if you want to keep letting Fidget play Boki.

The chest at the end of the video had some of that healing item that temporarily boosts your defense (which is what the blue shield icon over Dust means), they just didn't show up at the bottom left because the auto-heal consumed them before they could be added to the inventory.

After trekking back and forth all over the Sorrowing Meadow just so you could talk to Kane and get a lead on Gaius, Dust learns that A) Gaius would go after the Moonbloods if he knew where they were, and B) there might be a survivor from Ginger's village in Aurora who could help Dust if he could locate her. Both of which he already knew. Also, I think Dust still has the items he collected for Cora in his inventory, which means when he left her to spend her dying hours reminiscing with her dead husband, he took their treasured keepsakes which have literally no use to Dust, which is kind of a jerk thing to do.
Sebby19 wrote:Anyways, there is something off about that lady. Maybe she needs those items for some dark ceremony...

She's a witch!
This actually ended up being not that far off.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

Several times in that boss fight, I noticed raocow could have done a downward strike by pressing down and Y, but never did. It kind of bothered me slightly. Yeah, raocow's using up his energy meter way faster than I do.

I recently decided to replay the game on tough mode, and thought I'd try racoow's fighting method. It's not very good; the game's handing my arse to me on a platter.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

So I watched the latest episode on my parents new 55 inch HDTV (and it's curved, too!), and man, the mountains look pretty.

Good thing those hanging icicles can't hurt you, otherwise fighting would be very difficult.

Maybe you need to parry those Yaks (such an odd choice) a couple times in a for to daze them? Cause ya, they ARE beefy.

And I love how Ahrah goes "Okay, are you guys serious?!?", while dropping his mystical and mysterious voice.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

No, the yaks are just heavy on the hit points. Parrying helps a bit, but it doesn't stun them long.

If you want a 1000-hit combo late in the game, the Ugly Pendant may be useful. It drops your attack, defense, and Fidget stats by 90%. The defense drop shouldn't be too big of a deal, since getting hit breaks the combo anyways.

Personally, I got it at the very beginning of the game, during the fight with two Giants at the end of the Glade. It still counts if you do it before getting the quest. I just used aerial Dust Storm and Fidget's projectiles as I went back and forth, with the occasional melee combo to get my energy back up. Not very hard to do, but obviously it's a limited window of opportunity.

I beat the game just last night, played through due to raocow's LP again. Fun game, glad I went through it. I even did it on Tough mode for the achievement, and other than spikes and icicles doing ridiculous damage, it wasn't even that hard. You don't get hit a lot in this game, even if you're not actively trying to dodge or parry. The occasional hits you do take tend to be really damaging, but I still didn't have to think very hard about what I was doing in fights most of the time. Maybe I was just overleveled from all the quests and exploration I was doing.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I got hit by the first wolf enemy I saw in the mountain area because I thought it was just random wildlife like the deer and rabbits.

It is actually possible to get up to the cave area without the double jump, and Fidget still talks about the double jump even if you don't have it yet. Incidentally, I don't remember that mini-boss/cutscene where you get the double-jump upgrade, so I'm wondering if going up there first and triggering that cutscene tricks the game into thinking you already got the double jump and stops the mini-boss from loading when you do go there. It's also possible I just forgot about it, though.

To get the 1000-hit combo, I ended up putting on the Ugly Pendant, rounding up a bunch of enemies, and then repeatedly sliding back and forth through the whole group. The low base damage of the slide attack plus the handicap from the Ugly Pendant meant each hit was only 1 damage (2 on a critical hit), so as long as you get enough enemies together, it's possible to get to 1,000 hits before they all run out of HP even with late-game stats. I did that before getting FIdget's lightning attack, though, which would make it much easier/faster since, as raocow noted, that thing racks up combos like crazy with how well it targets, and it can be safely used from a distance.

The one positive about the way I did it is that you don't have to worry about managing the energy meter, so it's is really simple and relatively safe to pull off, but it was pretty tedious (and I finished off the last enemy in the group on the 1002nd hit, so I was basically a few extra critical hits away from failing and having to redo it). But raocow was pretty easily getting up to 400-500 hit combos relatively quickly in parts of the last video, so with the Ugly Pendant, he would have no trouble getting to 1,000 just doing what he is doing.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Ugly Pendant + Final Area = very easy 1000. raocow might get it before then. I never actually got it during my normal playthrough, made my attack way too high and wasn't thinking properly that lower damage = better combos, so a few weeks ago inspired by raocow playing this I fired it up and got it easily.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

I vaguely remember there being two caged friends in Blackmoor Mountains. One of them is an absurd reference to a different Metroidvania game—one that went straight over my head. I remember having to consult a walkthrough for that one.

The other just requires you to double jump.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I found the second friend in the mountains in my playthrough and still had to look at a guide afterward to understand what was involved.
went
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by went »

I considered screaming at the screen when raocow didn't buy the new good gear despite having enough items available and/or getting two "Shops Restocked!" messages when he specifically said he'd wait for those, and also for not selling his old stuff to get easy money, but then I realised that this is the whole reason why I watch him and it went away.
"Touhou is wrong" - Horikawa Otane
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

I may be wrong, but has raocow already picked up the note that tells you what to do at the hourglass wall in the mountains?
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I don't know, but the note wasn't really any help to me, and even after completing that part, I didn't realize at first that was what the note was referring to. The note doesn't really tell you what to do or what it is for, just that you need to bring something somewhere in the Blackmoor Mountains. I only tried the correct thing because it is something the game has you do elsewhere.

In any case, I don't think raocow can do that part yet anyway.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That was a huge increase in power for Fidget from doing that one fruit bomb challenge.
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

raocow look at your blueprints more because you get a lot of OP as heck stuff from blueprints and it's fun

like all the best gear in the game is blueprint exclusive
i've honestly never played a video game in my life
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

"How can I bang Ahrah...?" raocow 2017
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Fidget got over her cold just in time to be stubborn about plot
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Ometeotl wrote:"How can I bang Ahrah...?" raocow 2017
Arrah now, I do believe you mean Aaron, begorrah.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

You know, I thought he said Aaron too but I couldn't remember the dumb sword's name either, so I just went with what showed up in the text the next time its name came up.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Huh, I've played this game twice and somehow forgot the plot twist from this episode, thanks brain.
Grounder

Post by Grounder »

Ometeotl wrote:"How can I bang Ahrah...?" raocow 2017
Conversation and Hennesy.
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

The twist is Dust is Part 8 Josuke. Oh man.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Normally I wouldn't mind, but I felt raocow laughing over the big twist was inappropriate. I know he couldn't help it, but my big question is, why?

As for me, my reaction is "Ah, that explains it". Not a trope you see often, so I'm perfectly fine and accepting of it.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Crow
famous knife crow thumbnail responsibility holder
First name: Crow
Pronouns: she/they/it

Post by Crow »

so there's one more ability you get and then after that is a -great- time to go and start revisiting places for collectibles and stuff

just fyi
i've honestly never played a video game in my life