(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by pholtos »

YelseyKing wrote:I got the Jak trilogy for Christmas, so I figured I'd take a short break from my Shadow Hearts marathon and play the first game.
And then you play the second game and go "what the heck happened" :P
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

pholtos wrote:
YelseyKing wrote:I got the Jak trilogy for Christmas, so I figured I'd take a short break from my Shadow Hearts marathon and play the first game.
And then you play the second game and go "what the heck happened" :P
Hah, yeah, I've heard that 2 is... very different from 1, to put it mildly. And then 3 goes on to be very different from 2. Kind of weird how that series changed genres every game.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Other than the last fishing quest, I did everything FF15 has to do. Got the platinum trophy as well which I didn't even realize I had.
BurntTenda wrote:I beat my first

Menace dungeon

After every encounter Prompto just continuously said,
"Woohoo, we're alive! Let's celebrate by eating something dead!"

After every encounter.

It got a little annoying.
He did that to me for 2 of them. I was less annoyed and more just giggling in hilariously stupid ways by about the 4th time. (Luckily everyone else was asleep.)
Also congrats. I felt underwhelmed to see what the Menace dungeons were. Still did them all, but blarg, I was hoping for at least something a little different here and there.

The last one aside anyway.

To BurntTenda

Pitioss was weird. Most of it was really neat and despite FF15 not really being built around stuff like that, it played surprisingly well. And then there were about 3 moments(jumps) that had me to a near boiling point. Jumping from one tiny steel beam to another in third person with fucking momentum on Noctis' movement... ugh. That giant spike skull wall was bad ass looking though.

Going through there, I forgot I was even playing FF15. Really it didn't feel like FF at all and was one of the more bizarre things in the series for me. Really neat though and seeing how the game handled that dungeon so well, I couldn't help but feel like some other parts of the game could have benefited from things like that.

Also I <3 the soundtrack. Really good like usual. Favorite track
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

Thinking in 45 degree angles, awesome yet strange and sometimes difficult.

I've been focusing on doing hunts in FFXV.
I kinda wish you could take on more than 1 at a time...
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Just finished Jak and Daxter. Pretty fun game, on the whole; I always enjoy a good 3D collectathon platformer, and being a semi-early-ish PS2 game, it was surprising how well it handled the game's open-world aspect. I did 100% it (101%, actually), naturally.

The only quibbles I have about the game are that it felt kind of cheap that many of the power cells were just "buy for X0 orbs", but I guess it at least made it worthwhile to *collect* the orbs. Shame nothing appears to be unlocked for 100% power cells or orbs, but it was fun gathering them all, at least. The other issue is that the double jump mechanic felt... off. Sometimes the game just wouldn't let me double jump, and while I could never concretely put my finger on just what caused it, my best guess is that if you're over a bottomless pit, and you descend even slightly from your initial jump, the game will register you as falling, and won't let you get off the second jump. Extremely annoying, and made the final stage *much* harder to get through than it was probably intended to be... but it wasn't game-ruining or anything.

Also, rather interesting how the 100% ending is a massive sequel hook, yet the next game went in a *completely* different direction. Go figure.

Moists:

CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

i recently got into the single player of game & wario, which is really fun and varied! i'm surprised i never heard much about it before now. the patchwork game has hooked me the most by far.
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

Just starter playing WarioWare Mega Microgame$, and it's pree good!
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'm getting close to an end in World of Final Fantasy. Doubt it's the actual one though.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Pokémon Emerald with nothing but bugs and a Feebas for Surf and without buying healing items became a lot more reasonable a goal once Anorith came around and things started learning their good moves. I think I'm at the Aqua Hideout part now? Last plot thing I did was the Magma Hideout I think but then I zoned out and wound up gathering soot up on Route 113 to get all the flutes. >_>

Also I picked up Crash Team Racing again from a fresh save to unlock everything legit and do a 101% run I think? Pretty sure I read somewhere all platinum relics gets you an extra 1%, I dunno, ANYWAY who the heck decided Slide Colosseum's times? I should not be beating the platinum relic time by 30+ seconds, that's absurd. 25 on Tiny Arena? Okay, that's a long track, a bit of leniency is reasonable. Slide Colosseum isn't even that long though? >_>
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:Pokémon Emerald with nothing but bugs and a Feebas for Surf and without buying healing items became a lot more reasonable a goal once Anorith came around and things started learning their good moves. I think I'm at the Aqua Hideout part now? Last plot thing I did was the Magma Hideout I think but then I zoned out and wound up gathering soot up on Route 113 to get all the flutes. >_>
Also I picked up Crash Team Racing again from a fresh save to unlock everything legit and do a 101% run I think? Pretty sure I read somewhere all platinum relics gets you an extra 1%, I dunno, ANYWAY who the heck decided Slide Colosseum's times? I should not be beating the platinum relic time by 30+ seconds, that's absurd. 25 on Tiny Arena? Okay, that's a long track, a bit of leniency is reasonable. Slide Colosseum isn't even that long though? >_>
You should try mono-bug in gen 7. It's actually fun now.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Ivy wrote:
Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:Pokémon Emerald with nothing but bugs and a Feebas for Surf and without buying healing items became a lot more reasonable a goal once Anorith came around and things started learning their good moves. I think I'm at the Aqua Hideout part now? Last plot thing I did was the Magma Hideout I think but then I zoned out and wound up gathering soot up on Route 113 to get all the flutes. >_>
You should try mono-bug in gen 7. It's actually fun now.
Oh I plan to. :p
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I played through The Last Guardian this weekend.

The controls are janky as hell, and the framerate is even worse, but I'll be damned if I didn't get invested by the end.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Beat World of Final Fantasy yesterday. Throw it in the mix for one of my favorite games released last year. Great RPG that brings back memories of the good old days and has a lot of sidequests that I enjoyed. Some areas go on a bit too long, but there are ways to counter the tedium that weren't available to me in the previous two Final Fantasy games I played. Definitely worth it if you liked the FF4-FF9 style of gameplay... and Pokémon since the whole idea of this one is to capture foes which turn them to your side.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Started playing Megaman CX. Not bad after 2 levels, though one of the bosses was a bit tedious to beat.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

Ashan wrote:I played through The Last Guardian this weekend.

The controls are janky as hell, and the framerate is even worse, but I'll be damned if I didn't get invested by the end.
I remember hearing the notion that The Last Guardian is a PS4 game, with the graphics of a PS3 game, and the control scheme of a PS2 game. However, still team Ico, so it's not all bad.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Jayoshi wrote:
Ashan wrote:I played through The Last Guardian this weekend.

I remember hearing the notion that The Last Guardian is a PS4 game, with the graphics of a PS3 game, and the control scheme of a PS2 game. However, still team Ico, so it's not all bad.
I don't think that's fair to PS2 games.
The controls of Ico and SotC were clunky/awkward until you learned them, but you could tell it was intentional because they wanted the characters to control human-y, as in, they'd stumble around and whatnot. So I expected that with The Last Guardian, but literally the first room in the game is the perfect demonstration of how downright broken the running around is. The kid will straight up get stuck on the spot and start running in place. It's bizarre.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Finished Mega Man CX. Despite the insane difficulty (this was SUPER HARD), I was able to appreciate it, and kinda liked it. Do recommend.
RSuper
The Mario with different outfits
First name: Rahmah
Pronouns: she/her

Post by RSuper »

I'm about to finish GBA Yoshi's Island, it's my favorite game tho.

Previous played:
-GBA Mario World
-GBA Mario Bros 2(rarely)
-Yoshi's Story
-Mario 64
ImageImageImage
AKA RSupertheGreat,RSuper cheerPOPStar
CrappyBlueLuigi
pants are a tool of oppression
First name: Crepe

Post by CrappyBlueLuigi »

over the past month, i've spent a lot of time playing DKC2 with my sister. i beat the game for the first time only a couple of weeks ago, and following that i 100%ed it in a second runthrough. i always liked the DKC games, but now that i've beaten diddy's kong-quest, i think it might be one of my favorite games of all time.

we haven't gotten our DKC fill, so i'm currently looking into getting tropical freeze at some point for the two of us to play.
someday, when i'm bigger,
i'm gonna be just like my mama!
Money

Post by Money »

I played Lisa the Painful recently. I don't think I've ever played a game with such an oppressive atmosphere. It's p damn good (tho not a huge fan of how almost all the bosses are p much "hitstun them until they die or they knock you out in one hit"). Gonna start Lisa the Joyful soon.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

I decided to give Psychonauts a try, since I kept seeing ads for it on the installer window every time I installed a GOG game, and I've heard it was pretty good.

It's every bit as good as its fans say it is. I'm very much enjoying it. It's so delightfully strange. It's a shame how it sold so poorly, when damn near everyone, as I've heard, loved it, critics and players alike.

Moists:

Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Zyglrox Odyssey, [url=http://talkhaus.raocow.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=732&p=244913#p244913]October 2014[/url] wrote:I've been meaning to go back and [beat Omega Weapon] myself, actually. Last time I played through FFVIII I tried that fight once and immediately gave up after watching my entire party take like 12000 damage in one attack.
Over two years later...

I dunno that I'd go so far as to call it 'hard' even honestly - certainly harder than I'd have ever been able to manage as the dumb kid I was on my first run, but once you work out a good setup and strategy he really can't do a whole hell of a lot to threaten you. As long as you like, think, and stay at all focused on the video game in front of you he's really not all he's cracked up to be imo.
I still enjoyed myself, mind you, but I was ready for a fight thrice that length. >:p
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Picked up Double Draogn IV on Steam. It's not bad, though I feel as if I would appreciate it more if I was more nostalgic for the Series.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:I dunno that I'd go so far as to call it 'hard' even honestly - certainly harder than I'd have ever been able to manage as the dumb kid I was on my first run, but once you work out a good setup and strategy he really can't do a whole hell of a lot to threaten you. As long as you like, think, and stay at all focused on the video game in front of you he's really not all he's cracked up to be imo.
I still enjoyed myself, mind you, but I was ready for a fight thrice that length. >:p
The funniest part about Omega Weapon, which I learned from the FF Wiki last time I played FF8, is that he follows an extremely rigid script: He'll *always* use the same attacks in the same order, so you can prepare for them ahead of time once you know what that order is. Made the fight an absolute joke. :P

Moists:

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

SAJewers wrote:Picked up Double Draogn IV on Steam. It's not bad, though I feel as if I would appreciate it more if I was more nostalgic for the Series.
To be fair, I only like a few of them myself. II, Super, and Neon were great. This one feels like it's basically a sequel to II from what I've seen, plus I already got a decent brawler in River City: Tokyo Rumble. Well, I might check it out eventually.
Zyglrox Odyssey wrote:Omega Weapon
Glad you beat it the normally and not by using super-overpowered Selphie. She can one-shot it with a limit break called The End. It's so much more fun fighting him the natural way.