(shouting)

Nintendo Switch presentation

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Sebby19

Nintendo Switch presentation

Post by Sebby19 »

HYPE.

That is all.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Bean
Yep.

Re: Nintendo Switch presentation

Post by Bean »

Yeah, this should be an interesting one. The Wii U was okay at times, but that no support thing killed it. A hybrid makes all the sense in the world, and let's face it, Sony and MS haven't exactly set the world on fire this gen for the most part thanks to a lot of the big titles not being that interesting. Count me in.

The Nintendo Switch Presentation starts at January 12th at 11pm EST. That would be 4am on the 13th for you GMTers, and 3pm on the 13th for any Aussies in the house.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Bean wrote:Yeah, this should be an interesting one. The Wii U was okay at times, but that no support thing killed it. A hybrid makes all the sense in the world, and let's face it, Sony and MS haven't exactly set the world on fire this gen for the most part thanks to a lot of the big titles not being that interesting. Count me in.

The Nintendo Switch Presentation starts at January 12th at 11pm EST. That would be 4am on the 13th for you GMTers, and 3pm on the 13th for any Aussies in the house.
The only reason I think it can be a success is because third-party support for Nintendo's handhelds tends to be way better than their home consoles. I still have some serious concerns, but merging their console markets SHOULD make it easier to get that support. Of course, there's rumors that it can only run Unreal 4 on lowest presets, so I don't expect any multiplatform games to be on it since it's so damn weak. If this ends up being yet another disaster, I think Nintendo will drop out of the hardware market. Still gonna preorder it, but I can't let myself get hyped. Nintendo always manages to fuck it up (just look at the NES Classic for a recent example).
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
RegiGiygas
listening to oingo boingo
First name: uriah
Pronouns: he/him

Post by RegiGiygas »

all new video games are bad
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
warpio

Post by warpio »

After the last few years of lackluster releases, here's what Nintendo needs to reveal tonight to make up for it:

- Zelda needs to be confirmed a launch title
- Splatoon and Smash ports at launch
- the next mainline Mario game needs to be a launch title and it needs to be something completely new and fresh, and not just a retread of 64/Sunshine, Galaxy 1/2, or 3D Land/3D World
- Mother 3 official translation released on both Wii U VC and Switch
- the next proper Metroid game. as in Metroid 5, the follow up to Fusion. it's been almost 15 years already.
- a new freaking F-Zero

If they do all of that, then I don't think any Nintendo fan can still be mad at them at this point
RegiGiygas

Post by RegiGiygas »

If we get Mother 3 or F-Zero, I'll be set for life.
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

I doubt they'd release both Zelda and a main line Mario game at the same time. Nintendo probably doesn't want to compete with themselves. I'm thinking Mario is a summer release.
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

Based on the factor that their competitors don't have too much excitement behind them, I believe Nintendo's got this console race down in the bag for the first leg. I don't believe they'll screw up that bad to fumble such an advantage.

If there's going to be a super-innovative Mario game on the Switch, it's not going to be the one revealed to us beforehand. That might end up being another Super Mario 64 callback, but who knows. An F-Zero game would be nice (but I am doubtful it will sell great), and a new Splatoon and Smash will pretty much set them on track for the first part of the switch. The most important question is... how hard is this going to be milked...? Probably not as much as other shooters are doing these days, but we'll see.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

I know this is a vidyer game forum and we probably all know, but could you stick the details in the first post for sanity's sake?

Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017

8PM PST, 11PM EST, 4AM GMT

Treehouse Live event follows tomorrow, 6:30AM PST, 9:30AM EST, 1:30PM GMT

Teaser trailer here

Streams available on Nintendo, Youtube and Twitch
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

ZephyrBurst wrote:I doubt they'd release both Zelda and a main line Mario game at the same time. Nintendo probably doesn't want to compete with themselves. I'm thinking Mario is a summer release.
I think it'll be the reverse. What (admittedly very, very little) bits of the Mario game shown during the Switch reveal indicate is that it is just another 3D World. I would expect Zelda to be the later release for that alone, but there are also other factors (the Wii-U release after they've already discontinued the console, the hilariously poor performance of the game in the Switch teaser, and the fact that it's actually an ambitious sequel unlike any Mario game since Sunshine) that make me think it could be delayed to as late as Fall 2017. I hope they prove me wrong tonight, but I'm keeping my expectations set to low.

In other news, rumors are abound that the Switch could run as high as $400. Giving the rumor the benefit of the doubt, not just saying it's a doctored picture, there could be a couple explanations for this. My first reaction would be to think it's just a typo and it's supposed to be $299. There were already rumors of an expanded memory Switch for $299 (and since the console apparently will only support up to 256 GB SD cards, this would be an appropriately Nintendo-priced ripoff even if it had the maximum capacity). Another possibility is that it could be the console with expanded memory and a game or two (maybe Zelda and Mario? Splatoon and Smash? A pick your poison bundle?). Of course, it's equally possible that Nintendo has been quietly watching the reactions of fans across the internet and are now ready to fully price themselves out of the market. But Nintendo would never make boneheaded business decisions, right? Right?! Right...?
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
RegiGiygas

Post by RegiGiygas »

If ANOTHER stupid 3D Mario game is announced. I will scream.
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

RegiGiygas wrote:If ANOTHER stupid 3D Mario game is announced. I will scream.
we've pretty much already seen there's a new 3D mario game in development, from the preview video, so enjoy screaming - assuming Nintendo doesn't do something ridiculous and make yet another 2D-3D "NEW" Super Mario Bros. title.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Nintendo will think those are screams of joy, as usual.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

If it's anything like 3D World/Land, count me the fuck in. I've also heard rumors of a more Mario 64–like game.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Good lord I hope these rumors about Smash 4 Switch edition won't come true because I know I'll end up buying one of these just for it

I wish I could get over my love for Smash Bros because it's the only thing that keeps me even remotely interested in this trash company any more

Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Jesuiscontent wrote:Good lord I hope these rumors about Smash 4 Switch edition won't come true because I know I'll end up buying one of these just for it

I wish I could get over my love for Smash Bros because it's the only thing that keeps me even remotely interested in this trash company any more
I'm a Fire Emblem guy myself.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Truhan wrote:
Jesuiscontent wrote:Good lord I hope these rumors about Smash 4 Switch edition won't come true because I know I'll end up buying one of these just for it

I'm a Fire Emblem guy myself.
I used to be too
Then Awakening happened

Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

If Awakening didn't happen, Fire Emblem would be in 2D Metroid and F-Zero territory of not even being worth the time to make. Better for a series to survive as something that you don't want that others did than to shelve it for a decade or more.
RegiGiygas

Post by RegiGiygas »

Bean wrote:If Awakening didn't happen, Fire Emblem would be in 2D Metroid and F-Zero territory of not even being worth the time to make. Better for a series to survive as something that you don't want that others did than to shelve it for a decade or more.
I was going to agree, but then I remembered the Paper Mario series. It would've been better if the series had just ended after Super Paper Mario.
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I'd rather replay Sticker Star than Super Paper Mario.
RegiGiygas

Post by RegiGiygas »

REALLY!? WOW! I had to put Sticker Star down halfway through because it was so uninteresting while Super Paper Mario is one of the few Nintendo games that I've played more than 10 times. Along with Super Star Saga, Mario 3 and Mother 3.
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Bean wrote:If Awakening didn't happen, Fire Emblem would be in 2D Metroid and F-Zero territory of not even being worth the time to make. Better for a series to survive as something that you don't want that others did than to shelve it for a decade or more.
The series could've very well survived without completely giving up its identity. They could've very well kept actual level design and an actual writer instead of turning into low-cost disgaea. They could've simply slapped shipping/waifuing on top of a good fire emblem game and it would have sold pretty much the same, but instead they decided to go the cheapstake route and relied entirely on it, half-assing everything else. Makes sense from a business perspective, but I'm not supporting this any more.

Also, even if the series died before Awakening, the devs (or Int. systems as a whole considering the state of the paper mario series...) could've continued working for another company or founded their own. Common practice nowadays.

warpio

Post by warpio »

RegiGiygas wrote:
I was going to agree, but then I remembered the Paper Mario series. It would've been better if the series had just ended after Super Paper Mario.
I don't agree with that, the Paper Mario series is still great and I'm really glad that I played Color Splash. Sticker Star was the only game that really didn't do the series justice, but Color Splash is really good, and it's everything that Sticker Star should've been. I still think the Paper Mario series is in good hands and I have no worries about where that series is going.
RegiGiygas

Post by RegiGiygas »

warpio wrote:
RegiGiygas wrote:
I don't agree with that, the Paper Mario series is still great and I'm really glad that I played Color Splash. Sticker Star was the only game that really didn't do the series justice, but Color Splash is really good, and it's everything that Sticker Star should've been. I still think the Paper Mario series is in good hands and I have no worries about where that series is going.

Color Splash was neat at some points, but compared to the first three games, I found it mediocre.
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
RegiGiygas

Post by RegiGiygas »

Going to be straight up honest. Super Mario Odyssey caught me completely off guard and it looks fantastic. I still screamed though.
can't forget this guy
Waaa.