(shouting)

Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep79c FINAL - Won 1F8

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep73 - Scaffolding Scurry

Post by QubicTom »

GlitchMr wrote:...you have to be warned there are no easy levels now
There never were any easy levels, only "easier" than this game's average!

I play particularly badly in this one. Great level by lolyoshi.
Ep74 - Impetuous Incompetence
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep74 - Impetuous Incompetence

Post by Ryrir »

Scrolling the screen to the right can be very helpful. Keeping the screen scrolled to the right at all times, however, can also backfire pretty badly (as seen with this level).

You seem to default to scrolling the screen in any given situation, and I'm not sure if you're really helping yourself with that. Maybe it would be useful to keep the screen centered and only scroll if you think it will actually benefit you? (I guess you could argue that scrolling the screen will always help you, because you have more reaction time...)
this is getting laundromatic
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep74 - Impetuous Incompetence

Post by Sugar »

Voting for Ludwig's Grindhouse.

Just because I believe this level to be easier than IMPETUOUS ATHLETIC, doesn't mean this level is any easy. Do your best. This is the last set of Dragon Coins you will obtain in this game, which essentially means you will have Dragon Coins for all videos in a game.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

yeah keep in mind that most things are timed with the camera centered on you, so you can sometimes accidentaly make things WAY HARDER by having the screen scrolled right.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

raocow wrote:yeah keep in mind that most things are timed with the camera centered on you, so you can sometimes accidentaly make things WAY HARDER by having the screen scrolled right.
Ryrir wrote:Scrolling the screen to the right can be very helpful. Keeping the screen scrolled to the right at all times, however, can also backfire pretty badly (as seen with this level).

You seem to default to scrolling the screen in any given situation, and I'm not sure if you're really helping yourself with that. Maybe it would be useful to keep the screen centered and only scroll if you think it will actually benefit you? (I guess you could argue that scrolling the screen will always help you, because you have more reaction time...)
I do use screen scrolling liberally if I think it will help (and block duping if possible, but that's done much less often). The reason is because I still don't have any natural reflexes for SMW. Although I've been playing this game for almost a year, the sessions were often too far apart due to real life limitations, so the skills didn't really build. You can see that at the start of each video - a bunch of very silly deaths very early in a level.

In which the last set of dragon coins in the game are collected. What a crazy time we live in.
Ep75 - Ludwig's Lamentation

I've only 1GB of mobile data remaining, so that'll either be one long video or two short ones until I return to my own home in January! Should I try to fit Bowser's Castle into one long video? I won't be clearing out all the rooms until after I beat the boss.
Sugar

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep75 - Ludwig's Lamentation

Post by Sugar »

Ludwig's Grindhouse - Castlevania III (NES) - Overture

Yay, Grinders. Interesting that you noticed that there is one Dragon Coin in every room (except for boss, obviously), I didn't notice that while playing a level.

Voting for Bowser's Castle.

Might as well list what is the track in it, because it wasn't played for a while.

Bowser's Castle (first part) - Romancing SaGa - Beat them up! (boss battle theme)
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep73 - Scaffolding Scurry

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote:Are people serious about me playing ASMT at the same time as A2MT? I think it might be very confusing to viewers not familiar with each series (there are a few who are seeing JUMP and A2MT for their first time). Or do people want ASMT instead of A2MT? I don't think that would work either, honestly :lol:
Yea! :) I think it would be cool to see both being played side by side. Of course I'm still waiting on that patch, I've heard nothing about it's progress but if I have to i'll put a deadline on it before I find someone else I will even though i really don't want to since the person working on it is super talented (and honestly there's no one I could find that can do this patch other than him :| ). It's been weeks and I need some sort of proof of progress but from last I heard it should be done soon? :|
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Tobi555 wrote:It's been weeks and I need some sort of proof of progress but from last I heard it should be done soon? :|
Don't worry about it! I haven't had much time to record, and my focus is on JUMP for now. The current A2MT version is very playable as is, there isn't anything really stopping me from recording it...

And so it begins!
Ep76a - Bowser's Beginnings

I was hoping to make one video for all of Bowser's Castle, but it's much bigger than I thought it was. I have more than enough video recorded for another episode, so look forward to that tomorrow night!
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:It's been weeks and I need some sort of proof of progress but from last I heard it should be done soon? :|
Don't worry about it! I haven't had much time to record, and my focus is on JUMP for now. The current A2MT version is very playable as is, there isn't anything really stopping me from recording it...
That's true I just wanna get a finished version out there within a couple days and I'm completely in the dark on what's going on. :oops: I wanna keep progress steady and not lose momentum. XD
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Tobi555 wrote:
QubicTom wrote:
That's true I just wanna get a finished version out there within a couple days and I'm completely in the dark on what's going on. :oops: I wanna keep progress steady and not lose momentum. XD
I'm sorry, I have technical issues with that, and I won't be able to do within few days (I blame university for that). Feel free to release the ROM hack on C3, I suppose?
QubicTom wrote:JOLPENGAMMLER?! Welp, taking a break for tonight, will upload Bowser's Castle progress later today :)
The funny thing is that Jolpen's room in third part is probably the easiest room in Bowser's Castle. Like I haven't seen anyone to die in this room (unlike pretty much any other room in Bowser's Castle), but perhaps you are an exception to this rule.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

GlitchMr wrote:I'm sorry, I have technical issues with that, and I won't be able to do within few days (I blame university for that). Feel free to release the ROM hack on C3, I suppose?
So does this mean you can't do it anymore or that you can eventually but that I should release it early for now? The "I wanna release it in a couple days" thing was more my ideal thing not a requirement XD What was tripping you up?
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep76b - Bowser's Bonanza

Post by QubicTom »

I'd say either release the A2MT updates in segments with a changelog, or delay a little longer for the perfect product, depending on how long the delay will be! But I do want to remind people that A2MT is, right now, very very playable :D

Pushing further into Bowser's Castle
Ep76b - Bowser's Bonanza
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep76b - Bowser's Bonanza

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote:I'd say either release the A2MT updates in segments with a changelog, or delay a little longer for the perfect product, depending on how long the delay will be! But I do want to remind people that A2MT is, right now, very very playable :D

Pushing further into Bowser's Castle
Ep76b - Bowser's Bonanza
I think I'm gonna keep releasing in segments, what I'm going to put out soon is the near finished game (just missing that music patch). I just thought the patch would be done pretty fast which is why I postponed the release but for now, until GlitchMr can get things sorted out and have time, I'll release 1.8, and 1.9 will be when we get the remaining music inserted. :)
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

I think you pressed L in Jolpen's room for some reason (I did hear camera scrolling sound)?

wow

The laser room was intended for the true final level, but it was moved to Bowser's Castle, as it was quite easy. Take that as you may.

You're really close to the boss (made by Shigeru Miyamato, no less).
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

GlitchMr wrote:I think you pressed L in Jolpen's room for some reason (I did hear camera scrolling sound)?

wow

The laser room was intended for the true final level, but it was moved to Bowser's Castle, as it was quite easy. Take that as you may.

Also just to notify you the patch for the final level song replaces one of the already existing songs in the game was that intentional? Luckily it's only the bonus room and in the parrot pad house music, so music placement is being moved around a bit. :)
Sugar

Post by Sugar »

Tobi555 wrote:
GlitchMr wrote:I think you pressed L in Jolpen's room for some reason (I did hear camera scrolling sound)?

wow

Also just to notify you the patch for the final level song replaces one of the already existing songs in the game was that intentional? Luckily it's only the bonus room and in the parrot pad house music, so music placement is being moved around a bit. :)
Well, I didn't set music slot, this was expected to be modified manually.
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

GlitchMr wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:

wow

Well, I didn't set music slot, this was expected to be modified manually.
That's what I thought I'll modify the slot EDIT: I edited the slot so no music rearrangement is necessary. After a full test of the game I should be releasing the most current version of A2MT, 1.8. I'm looking forward to seeing you continue A2MT Tom :)
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

Tobi555 wrote:EDIT: I edited the slot so no music rearrangement is necessary. After a full test of the game I should be releasing the most current version of A2MT, 1.8. I'm looking forward to seeing you continue A2MT Tom :)
Awesome :D I can't wait to return to A2MT!

wow
Yup. Karmic justice for using screen scrolling so liberally in recent levels!

Here we go, the battle against Bowser:
Ep76c - Bowser's Battle
Grounder

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep76c - Bowser's Battle

Post by Grounder »

hooray

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
ft029
m/m wannabe

Re: Let's Play JUMP! A talkhaus non-ASMT Mario Romhack - Ep76c - Bowser's Battle

Post by ft029 »

time to clean up the castle using the propellor as a mop while the ducks hop around in a bathtub.

There is a stage in the true final level where screen scrolling is required and abused.
Mosts Awards:
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

so how are things treating you?
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

raocow wrote:so how are things treating you?
Hey raocow - um, so at the moment I'm moving out of Belfast back into Ireland, and it's a huge pain tying up all the loose ends. So far it has been impossible to find time to record. I reckon the next video might be on Wednesday 18th :(

It's funny, all of last year I was working on the phd, teaching and working a full time job 160km away from where I lived and managed to get a few videos out each week, yet now that I'm unemployed I can't find the time.

I have until the end of January to beat JUMP, since that's when I finally leave this house, which has good enough internet upload speeds to put videos online. If I don't get the job I applied for I'll have to temporarily move in with family, which means I won't be able to upload any videos at all, since their upload speed is so low that uploads often just end in connection errors.

Just to be clear, I want to get to the point where I can have new episodes every day, but the next month or two are very uncertain. I can promise finishing JUMP at the very least. Sorry about all this!!
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

QubicTom has been unemployed ever since finishing his "job" of beating The Depraved Stronghold
Mosts Awards:
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy

Post by Tobi555 »

QubicTom wrote:
raocow wrote:so how are things treating you?
Hey raocow - um, so at the moment I'm moving out of Belfast back into Ireland, and it's a huge pain tying up all the loose ends. So far it has been impossible to find time to record. I reckon the next video might be on Wednesday 18th :(
Don't worry about recording, I'm 1/4th of the way through testing anyways, its been slow because of back issues, and I found some problems I had to fix but everything's back on track now. Thanks everyone for being patient with A2MT's release :)
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

ft029 wrote:QubicTom has been unemployed ever since finishing his "job" of beating The Depraved Stronghold
10/10 :lol:

A new video, what?!
Ep76d - Castle Cleanup

The new A2MT update is out, everyone go here and say thanks to Tobi555!
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16886

And a super big thank you to everyone for voting for me in the talkhaus mosts! I am still very surprised that people like this trainwreck of a playthrough with the world's driest commentary :D The userbars look super nice, great work by ano0maly and Rockythechao!