(shouting)

Christmas thing for Horikawa.

so this is where you can post any art related type things! i bet you couldn't have figured that out for yourself, huh! "I" still needs uppercase you dummy - oh yeah!? fight me!
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Christmas thing for Horikawa.

Post by Willhart »

Hello, and welcome everyone.

Christmas eve is here soon again, and I think it would be fun to make something for Horikawa, who is still one of the most funny people around here. Many contests she has organized have been great for keeping this place active, and we can thank her for getting to see raocow stream for example, and for many let's plays she has made too. I'd also like to thank her for her work on smbx 2.0 especially, making it something better than it was before, and giving us many changes to make nice levels with it. I'd also never been able to make LP videos without her advice on recording related problems, and some other things too.

I have invited various people on the talkhaus and other places to each make a Christmas card for her this year. I've been keeping most of the participants secret from everyone, so there might be some surprises later. We will see. I remember you like fan art a lot, and this was probably the best way to allow other people to make a thing too. Uninvited people can post too if they want. Don't take too long though, since I'll ask this thread to be locked on Sunday.

As for my card, I originally thought about drawing a cat with some Christmas decorations, but it turned out like this instead. There is still a cat, but she is enjoying the bonfire instead. The music is nice too, and there is likely a tent or a small house somewhere nearby. I'm also definitely looking forward to seeing what other people have made.

-------------------------

Oh, and to start things off properly...
Willhart wrote:I hope you have nice Christmas. Thanks for being around.

rdein wrote:Merry Christmas!

-------------------------

I can answer questions via pm if there are any.
Naka
the Honeywhite

Re: Christmas thing for Horikawa.

Post by Naka »

And Happy Holidays!

I'm so slow at art, but I could manage this much at least!
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

Happy Blinkenlights, Horikawa!

Your videos and streams have been a major source of enjoyment over the past year, and I appreciate you putting so much work into creating them. I even enjoy watching some of the streams I miss after the fact (which apparently baffles you somewhat). And don't think we haven't noticed that whenever you and raocow do a thing, it's always you putting your life at risk while he sits safely in the van or reads a book and laughs at your peril.

So thanks for all the entertainment and wisdom you've imparted, and may your new year be as great as the hero Dullahan.

fullsize jpeg
fullsize png
LaZodiac
the Zodi Lady
First name: LaZodiac
Pronouns: she/her

Post by LaZodiac »

Thanks for being an inspiration Horikawa. I'm sure you'll get me to play Dishonoured some day.

Sorry if it's not the best, I'm uh...not a good at art person.
Gasp, I do videos for the internet. Check em out here: https://www.youtube.com/user/LaZodiac?feature=mhee
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Hey there Horikawa

So, 2016 wasn't exactly a great year for a lot of us. Still, we managed to survive through it. Maybe I'm being naive or overly optimistic, but I'm looking forward to a much better 2017.

Wishing you the best for the holidays and the new year,
RedMageMike

PS Sorry the art is janky. I haven't drawn much at all over the last year. Hope you still enjoy it though :p

Roo

Post by Roo »

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication Horikawa.
You'll be forever known as slightly less a nerd than yesterday.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Kevsoft
LunaLua Master Developer

Post by Kevsoft »

Thank you for the awesome year 2016. You brought LunaLua to a higher level! Without MaGL X2 and SMBX 2.0 LunaLua wouldn't be that what it is now.
I'm not an expert in drawing, so I put something different together. I hope you like it!

Full File

Merry Christmas :)
Last edited by Kevsoft 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

RedMageMike wrote:
Wait, don't be hasty... This must be Koumei's trap.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
kitikami

Post by kitikami »

I'm glad you like it.

That's just supposed to be the backpack the girl from Poi wears, though I didn't really look at pictures from the game when I drew that part so it isn't the right style at all. The screenshot I got off Steam for reference was from the front, and for some reason it never occurred to me to look for another one where you could see the bag until after I had already drawn it.

I figured blinkenlights was the most festive of all possible bombs.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

kitikami wrote:I figured blinkenlights was the most festive of all possible bombs.
Hopefully they managed to solve it in time for Christmas.
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Super last-minute submission action force go!!!

Happy Horikawlidays! I regret not keeping up with your channel and streams more frequently because whether it's KTANE or MaGL Redux or Momodora or a goofy or bizarre Greenlight game it's always a grand ol' fun time. And the fact that you're able to balance youtube and streaming, running contests and managing SMBX 2.0's development with work and all the stuff you've been through this year is nothing short of incredible.

I want to say more but I'm afraid I won't be able to get this in before the thread's locked otherwise. Thanks for everything you've done for the talkhaus and smbx communities, and here's to a radicola new year's!
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)