(shouting)

Mischief Makers - Robot shakes things, everyone is happy

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
SL the Pyro

Re: Mischief Makers - chilly doggo is best doggo, 12/10 will pet

Post by SL the Pyro »

Hoo boy, now we're getting to the good stuff. For new players the world bosses (with the exception of the first) in this game are amazingly fun, but also amazingly hard, especially if you're doing a no-damage run. I will echo that Cerberus α is the most annoying to no-damage though, simply because of how chaotic the fight is. Later bosses aren't so much of a clusterfuck.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

All right, I'm going to assume I never got the gold gem, as I totally don't remember that sequence with the Zeus Clancer. Either this is some sort of Japanese cultural reference that is completely going over my head, or the game was going for maximum non-sequitur-ness with this one.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

After reading gamefaqs, the Frog only has a chance of summoning the Clancer wizard on the cloud if the boss is at low health. Catching the cloud's attack and killing the frog with it is how you get the gold gem.

Man, who would know you're supposed to hold off winning the fight when you have the frog almost beat?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

For some reason, I always got the Zeus Clancer. I didn't even know you could possibly skip him.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

RedMageMike wrote:For some reason, I always got the Zeus Clancer. I didn't even know you could possibly skip him.
Same here. I was surprised the first time I managed it. I also never managed to pull off getting the gold gem for this fight either. One of a handful in the early game I never managed to figure out.
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

IIRC the frog only does that attack at 1 HP and since you do a lot of damage really quickly with the shake method, it's really easy to skip without knowing about it if you attack it that way
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

The game keeps up with the variety. Looking forward to more.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

As unintuitive as it is, its actaully easier somewhat to throw stuff at the clancer kids diagonally to hit them. Of course I think must have been intentionally annoying because Marina backhanding Calina offscreen afterwards is peak "I'm sick of your shit". And lastly, I just want to take a moment to appreciate how literally everything on this planet, from the insects to the arachnids to the rocks in the very ground itself, has that stupid goddamn face.
Le Neveu de Rameau

I used to think it was a touch odd that Marina doesn't fight her evil twin herself, but it turns out she sort of does, and it's really no contest. So it's fitting enough to have it be part of Teran's coming of age story in the end. On the other hand, as much of a jerk as Calina is, it doesn't really make much sense for Teran to blame her for what happened to Marina, considering that Calina's entire role in that part of the exchange was to get punched off screen.

As for the spare Mr. Health, the empire appears to have several of them, as we'll see soon enough.
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

i find it really weird how marina goes in to the clancers' homes and shakes their kids, steals their colorful jewels, and is generally kinda rude, but gets idolized by the clancers anyways! i feel like the clancers should reevaluate their relationship with marina, it doesn't seem very healthy for their society
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

The tricycle is the absolute best feature of the game
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:I used to think it was a touch odd that Marina doesn't fight her evil twin herself, but it turns out she sort of does, and it's really no contest.
Yeah, Calina seems to be able to make herself look like Marina (sort of), but she doesn't seem to have any of Marina's actual abilities. Especially evident in that she doesn't fight even remotely like Marina.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Divemissile wrote:i find it really weird how marina goes in to the clancers' homes and shakes their kids, steals their colorful jewels, and is generally kinda rude, but gets idolized by the clancers anyways! i feel like the clancers should reevaluate their relationship with marina, it doesn't seem very healthy for their society
Link goes into random houses and breaks shit constantly as well as opening their chests and taking the contents yet Hyrulians still consider him a hero as well.
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

Alice wrote:
Divemissile wrote:i find it really weird how marina goes in to the clancers' homes and shakes their kids, steals their colorful jewels, and is generally kinda rude, but gets idolized by the clancers anyways! i feel like the clancers should reevaluate their relationship with marina, it doesn't seem very healthy for their society
Link goes into random houses and breaks shit constantly as well as opening their chests and taking the contents yet Hyrulians still consider him a hero as well.
There is that one guy in the Wind Waker with the auction house. You actually have to pay him back for the pots you break.

Meanwhile... I don't remember the game having this many odd sections. Besides the entire game being entirely odd, that is. But hey, welcome to the era of originality in game design.
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Yeah, Tarus is reeeeeally easy to S rank if he does the right first move (it's the only level I S-Ranked). Sasquatch Beta is also extremely easy, which is weird since almost all the bosses in this game are rather challenging (but still fun). I'm not sure what happened when they were designing Tarus/Sasquatch
Le Neveu de Rameau

A Canadian worried about pronouncing about pronuncing "Tarus" asˈ/tʰɔːɹəs/ instead of the presumed /tʰɑːɹəs/? You folks already have both the father/bother and cot/caught mergers to begin with, so you pronounce, like, 90% of all a- and o-variants identically as is; you might as well finish the job and put the remaining ones out of their misery. Who needs more than one vowel anyway?

Speaking of Tarus (who is most certainly not a bull), I'm glad the game specified exactly what sort of creature he's supposed to be (though like raocow, I thought Sasquatch β was just supposed to be his vehicle, too), as I had initially assumed he was just a human with poor posture. I guess his sprite looks apelike enough, especially combines with some of his movements, but they really should have made him a bit hairier in his portrait to make things clearly. The position of The Naked Ape is already occupied, as I understand things.

Also, is Tarus singing a known song there when he does his Bugs Bunny act? I didn't think so at first, but then years later, I swear I heard it once and stopped dead in my tracks (I subsequently recovered) upon realizing it was the Tarus song. I can't, however, seem to find any evidence of such a tune anywhere, though, so I wonder if I wasn't simply mishearing (or misremembering) it, like that time I heard the singer in an English-language 60s pop song talking about seeing the object of his affections "standing there so bequem", or the fellow enthusiastically crooning of the supermarket sound system that he "will be painful, painful to [his] lovers" and "will show them who the enemy is"".

Finally, Marina, you say killing people isn't your style? You've been remarkably unstylish of late.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:Finally, Marina, you say killing people isn't your style? You've been remarkably unstylish of late.
don't be silly, clancers aren't people. they're horrific cackling plastic monstrosities with melty faces that merely imitate the living!
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Tarus is weird. He can normally tank a rock to the face, but for some reason hitting him/slamming him into a wall at just the right time can one shot him.
RedMageMike wrote:Yeah, Tarus is reeeeeally easy to S rank if he does the right first move (it's the only level I S-Ranked). Sasquatch Beta is also extremely easy, which is weird since almost all the bosses in this game are rather challenging (but still fun). I'm not sure what happened when they were designing Tarus/Sasquatch
S ranking in this game is so terrible. Tarus for example requires resets until he has a moveset you can 1-2 shot and then you have to button mash through the cutscene because the timer still ticks down during it, and the S rank is under 16 seconds.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I found it so neat to take control of someone else for a couple stages. It's neat.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
heycallmeZe

Post by heycallmeZe »

Lostsoldier20 wrote:
Alice wrote:
There is that one guy in the Wind Waker with the auction house. You actually have to pay him back for the pots you break.

Meanwhile... I don't remember the game having this many odd sections. Besides the entire game being entirely odd, that is. But hey, welcome to the era of originality in game design.
There's also Link's Awakening. Marin scolds you for breaking pots and other things when you have her around.
One day, an image will return
stormie
formerly maou shoujo
Pronouns: she/her

Post by stormie »

When Tarus punches, does his voice clip sound to anyone else like he's saying "You suck!"?
occasional watcher of the lets plays and haver of too many usernames
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Tenlade wrote:Tarus is weird. He can normally tank a rock to the face, but for some reason hitting him/slamming him into a wall at just the right time can one shot him.
The challenge with Tarus isn't in damaging him, it's figuring out how to damage him.

Sasquatch β stone-walled me for so long I gave up and left the game unbeaten for years (GameFAQs didn't exist back then). I just could NOT hurt him no matter what I tried.
Alice

Re: Mischief Maker - chilly doggo is best doggo, 12/10 will pet

Post by Alice »

stormie wrote:When Tarus punches, does his voice clip sound to anyone else like he's saying "You suck!"?
Is that not actually what he's saying?
stormie
formerly maou shoujo
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Mischief Maker - chilly doggo is best doggo, 12/10 will pet

Post by stormie »

Alice wrote:Is that not actually what he's saying?
Maybe it is and for some reason I've just always assumed I was mishearing it. (I also posted before I finished watching the video, oops nyoro~n )
occasional watcher of the lets plays and haver of too many usernames
Le Neveu de Rameau

With such an inspiring leader as King Aster, you really have to wonder how the Empire ever managed to conquer Planet Clancer to begin with.