Half a jump is still a jump
Snails

[136] WE LOVE PIRANHA

Post by Snails »

hard-insame
no secret exit, no dragon coin

Video(v1.0) : https://youtu.be/8E1G_ekFaTA

Download(v1.1) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By3Nui ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Snails 7 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
ft029
m/m wannabe

Re: [136] WE LOVE PIRANHA

Post by ft029 »

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /f86de4514c7372c5ed0f6e5d6e87f983217787e7/20161004_225_blogfile/tjdtnsu_1475577819299_GVgMSu_zip/[136]WE+LOVE+PIRANHA.zip on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
rip
Mosts Awards:
Snails

Post by Snails »

ft029 wrote:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /f86de4514c7372c5ed0f6e5d6e87f983217787e7/20161004_225_blogfile/tjdtnsu_1475577819299_GVgMSu_zip/[136]WE+LOVE+PIRANHA.zip on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
rip

Sorry. address is changed.
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

Hmm, the link still does not work.

You can attach a file directly in a post by going to "Attachments" bar near the bottom where Options is, and then -> "Add files"
Mosts Awards:
Snails

Post by Snails »

ft029 wrote:Hmm, the link still does not work.

You can attach a file directly in a post by going to "Attachments" bar near the bottom where Options is, and then -> "Add files"
I tried it but it doesn't work.
STATUS ERROR : "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached"

Another man says that attatchment doesn't work too..

+changed address to google drive
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

Thanks! Sorry for bothering you again, but can you send a .ips file of the level as well? Use Lunar IPS or Flips to create one. That way I can actually play the level.
Mosts Awards:
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

OK, I'm finally giving feedback.

I was unable to complete the level in 25 lives, which makes this level too hard. Here's my opinion on what I saw.

--General--
I would add another mushroom about halfway through each section.
Perhaps make the piranhas that pop out of the ground an even lighter color to indicate that they don't actually hurt Mario.

--Specifics--

The jumping goomba is not necessary. I usually just end up waiting on the arch to the left, which is not fun and adds no value to the level.

You can't see where you're jumping here. Raise the blue pipe by a few tiles.

The circled fish should be moved to the right one or two tiles, as it is too much of trial and error right now. Also, the big circled section is kind of boring and could use some more content.

This part is way too hard.

The theme of the level is piranha plants in tight spaces, and this is completely different. Also, there is a slight cutoff where the red circle is.

This introductory section has too much waiting and not enough actual difficulty.

I really like the section before this, but I think the last pillar of layer 2 should be removed. With the piranha plant directly above your head, it is not intuitive that standing directly under it is the safest option.

This is just dumb. Getting through the first part is the hardest; after that it's just boring waiting. Also, the jump to the pipe marked with the arrow is extremely difficult, and I gave up due to that.

---------

There's a lot of things I didn't mention. That's because they were good. I genuinely enjoyed the satisfaction of avoiding all the projectiles at some points in the level. I'm just stating ways to make a good level better.
Mosts Awards:
Snails

Post by Snails »

Thank you for your advice.

So, I fixed some problems, and reflected your advises.

You can download changed version on the top thread. :)