(shouting)

DEADLINE (8/31/2017(lol)

Half a jump is still a jump
aterraformer

DEADLINE (8/31/2017(lol)

Post by aterraformer »

This has to be wrapped up. JUMP½ has been fairly dead for a while (myself included, my backlog is extensive) and I want it to be done, at least in level design aspects. I want to get into the overworld phase. If your level isn't completed by Halloween, you're out. Sorry but I cannot wait any longer. I was a bit too lenient my first time around, got a lot of "unable to during summer". Well, summer's over! Do it. kthanks.

PMs will be coming out shortly.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: DEADLINE (10/31)

Post by Ryrir »

Does this deadline also apply to multiperson segments?
this is getting laundromatic
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Ryrir wrote:Does this deadline also apply to multiperson segments?
I would like to be finished with all level design, so yes. Of course, this does not count testing and revision, I just want a good idea for overworld planning so the overworld can just be made and not revised at all.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

What if, after "testing and revision", it is found that a level is too hard or bad? It will then be removed, and the overworld will have to be changed. The simple solution is to just have another level fill in that spot as there are many people who are very willing to make more levels (looks at Pyro).

Well, go finish your level. Do level design before aesthetics if you want motivation. etc.
Mosts Awards:
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

Idk about my wifi man, man. It's been done for a while but idk whe or how to upload it because idk the next time I'll have PC Internet access
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=11474 if you don't know how to create an ips file. Also, in Lunar Magic, save the levels you created to a file. They will show up as .mwl's. Also add a text document with information like dragon coins, secret exit, powerup restrictions, etc. Put that all in a zip folder and upload it by creating a thread for your level.

This zip folder tends to be like 300 KB maximum, so even horrible ways to get Wifi such as Comcast will do. Or, if you cannot afford that, go put the zip folder on a flash drive, bring it to a library, and upload your stuff there.
Mosts Awards:
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

A month has gone by with no activity in this thread. This is a friendly, unofficial reminder to make your levels.
Mosts Awards:
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

ft029 wrote:A month has gone by with no activity in this thread. This is a friendly, unofficial reminder to make your levels.
Yeah dude, I don't expect it to finish yet. Ah well.
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

Levels to be completed:

9: LHB
A: Nin
D: Rocky/superwiidude
E: gbreezesunset
10, 13: mellonpizza
20: Nao
21: nathanisbored
24: Lazy (is this the frugal level?)
10F: lolformer
111: raocow
112: Torchkas
135: Flan
138: Mathew_Wi

Note: 122 is actually OK, TIDES?
Last edited by ft029 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Mosts Awards:
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I can assure you, 138 is free LUL
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

knock knock, who's there

gbreeze might be dead
Mosts Awards:
gbreeze

Post by gbreeze »

*hears knock, opens door*

Ta dah! I'm still here. Anyways, there's been talk about a deadline for winter c3, so just officially posting something here I guess.
Sixcorby
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by Sixcorby »

I think we should have all the remaining levels submitted by the end of August. There's still a lot to do beyond that, such as sort all the levels, fix design issues pointed out by playtesters, make the storehouses, finish the overworlds, put together the multipersons, compose/port music, finish ASM stuff, and finally beta testing/bug fixing, so it would be great to dedicate the last few months to just those things.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Sixcorby wrote: 6 years ago I think we should have all the remaining levels submitted by the end of August. There's still a lot to do beyond that, such as sort all the levels, fix design issues pointed out by playtesters, make the storehouses, finish the overworlds, put together the multipersons, compose/port music, finish ASM stuff, and finally beta testing/bug fixing, so it would be great to dedicate the last few months to just those things.
I second this. A month later
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: DEADLINE (8/31/2017(lol)

Post by SAJewers »

What levels are left to be submitted?
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
gbreeze

Post by gbreeze »

Not finished
---------------
Koopster - vine level

Mellonpizza - rope level, possibly another level if time

gbreeze/lazy - NO JUMP NO LIFE

lolyoshi - THIS IS WHAT GOD FEELS LIKE

gbreeze/blue leaf - when porcupuffers fly

lazy - maw of the beast

worldpeace (and maybe mellonpizza?) - tesla doomship

ft - battlefield of 3 kingdoms (completely redesigned)

Finished but needs to be submitted
-------------------------------------------
ft/rocky - p man's adventure

idol/sixcorby - you were holding an umbrella

ft/gbreeze - goomball machine (like 95% done but needs some asm or something idk)

Limbo (AKA will it ever be done who knows land)
------------------------------------------------------------
SNN - fast food

terra - seafood soup (lol)

There's also a bunch of levels that will be scrapped. Do we replace them? Forget about them?? Who knows

I agree about a September deadline but let's not rush right now cause there's some gud levels in production, and there's literally no point to just not have them in the actual hack when they can be slowly inserted later, as long as the author can be trusted to finish. But for stuff like fast food where we have literally no clue, we should seriously get cracking.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I consider my bowser section in limbo as well. Assuming I finish Seafood Soup! it should give me the motivation necessary, especially considering same gimmick but lava. That might make it too ridiculous idk
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Worse case Scenario you can upload what you have, and someone else can try to finish it.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

SAJewers wrote: 6 years ago Worse case Scenario you can upload what you have, and someone else can try to finish it.
:oops:
Mosts Awards:
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

SAJewers wrote: 6 years ago Worse case Scenario you can upload what you have, and someone else can try to finish it.
I've been super inactive everywhere for the past month or two and my motivation is kind of like, really shot for finishing the second half of my level. If anyone wants to do this as well - that is, design the second half - I'll gladly upload it.

(also, if anyone didn't see the link from ages ago, this is the concept I had in mind for it. I was going to get substantially more in-depth with it in the second half, but eh.)
lolyoshi
don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

Post by lolyoshi »

I could give it a shot. If you want some specifications for how the second half should be like (or other things), should let it be known.

Probably not.
Last edited by lolyoshi 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

ft029 wrote: 6 years ago
:oops:
yeah, we'd go with yours
ft029
m/m wannabe

Post by ft029 »

oh no
Mosts Awards: