(shouting)

SMWCX - Credits

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Re: SMWCX - Green Greens

Post by Pikabread »

S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

I've played up until the end of world 3 now and the level design definitely stays strong. It also gets substantially less rompy later on, in the sense that we'll start seeing some more "interesting" gimmick choices and whatnot.

(this is like the only SMWC collab ever that I've had no part in at all, so I'm just as blind as everyone else as to what is coming up.)
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Horikawa Otane wrote:Worthy of note that he's using a pre-release of SMBX 2.0 Beta 3. Hence the different player box icons.
Oh, this reminds me. It says in the thread on SMWC that everything up to the finale will work fine on any newer SMBX versions, but because the collab is a bit older, you have to revert to SMBX 1.3 upon reaching the endgame. I don't know anything about SMBX's technical quirks, so I don't know why this is the case.

Something to note for later, at least.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

I wouldn't know, but I'd be interested in knowing why.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

1-1 hating after one video, really? Really? Image

But OH MY GOD I AM SO READY FOR SMUHBEX Image And probably-mostly vanilla SMBx no less. I'm totally excited for one last big game that has no lua influence in it, since I expect the future to be littered with 2.0 and stuff. This is gonna be nice to watch for me.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Sugar
Pronouns: fae/faer

Post by Sugar »

Horikawa Otane wrote:I'm almost 100% sure this is inaccurate. Anything vanilla SMBX will work fine with 2.0.

Unless they're doing weird things with blending ala Magnificent Waluigi. Could you ask them that?

edit: I'll also play the game through now I guess.
New graphics renderer crashes when there are too many big graphics, apparently (graphics cards have less RAM, the assets are just huge). The level in question which crashes has 50MB of graphics, and they are .gifs. Old engine doesn't appear to have a problem with that.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Horikawa Otane wrote:FYI this isn't vanilla. It uses LunaDLL Autocode.
RUINED naw I'm kidding, but my sentiment mostly stands :P
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

era64 wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:I'm almost 100% sure this is inaccurate. Anything vanilla SMBX will work fine with 2.0.

Unless they're doing weird things with blending ala Magnificent Waluigi. Could you ask them that?

New graphics renderer crashes when there are too many big graphics, apparently (graphics cards have less RAM, the assets are just huge). The level in question which crashes has 50MB of graphics, and they are .gifs. Old engine doesn't appear to have a problem with that.
Just found out what level it is

(postcredits.lvl)

, and can confirm, it does crash smbx.
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

Hey, SMBX! Suddenly watching raocow again after... a year? It's been awhile anyways.

Might motivate me to return to the engine, time permitting.
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

Uh... I don't think you're supposed to lose your powerup when you return to the hub.

I don't remember that happening and I'm pretty sure I would have noticed.
Last edited by Leet 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

This is a game in SMBX. Yeah, that's all I can say now.
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Leet wrote:Uh... I don't think you're supposed to lose your powerup when you return to the hub.

I don't remember that happening and I'm pretty sure I would have noticed.
Yeah, I started playing the game today and I keep my powerups when I return to the hub.
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

"some of the best level design out there"

That's fairly debatable, at least from what I've played :/. Minus a few levels that are really good.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Horikawa Otane wrote:
era64 wrote:

This will depend on your video card. raocow ought to be fine on his.

(I'll also send him a patch that'll fix it just in case)
This also only should happen on png as far as I'm aware. Gifs can still scale really huge.
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

There are some smbx community members in this collab as well, so it's not purely smwcentral.
Also

a few levels in this collab seem to be taken from some previous contests which raocow may recognize..

SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
Leet

Post by Leet »

Pyro wrote:"some of the best level design out there"

That's fairly debatable, at least from what I've played :/. Minus a few levels that are really good.
as you know, raocow has a tendency to report information non-exactly

he was trying to quote SAJewers in the request thread, who said that he wouldn't disagree if somebody said it was the best vanilla smbx game.

anyway, i don't know how far you are in the game but i've played almost everything and the level design is consistently solid at the least. it definitely gets better as you go along, and naturally so, as hard levels have to be more meticulously design than 'romps'

though, i prefer asmbxt for having more flavor and gimmicks, it stands out more
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

The Toad that says "Don't you hate it when you see the same paintings" etc. is referencing the fact that Colorful Moontains is actually reused from an existing SMBX episode with levels by the same guy called 2k15 Fall Calamity.
Grounder

Re: SMWCX - Emerald Hill Zone

Post by Grounder »

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
alleightbits
START PLAY!
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him

Post by alleightbits »

This episode, raocow is surprised to see himself. He also seduces a moon.
Sniggerb0bble
These arms ain't ever going down.

Post by Sniggerb0bble »

I'm going to put my vote down for the Official Pronunciation of this game to be "smooks" instead of the current alphabet soup.

I'm intrigued to see where this goes; I wasn't aware of its existence so it's definitely piqued my curiosity. Whilst I would say romp-style levels aren't my thing, I do recognise the quality in what's been there thus far, but I'm more curious to see how things develop as we get further in.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Any reason why they didn't just call this "Production X" or something?
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

Why does raocow keep losing his powerup after clearing a level?
Leet

Post by Leet »

Yeah, raocow, you really oughta get that fixed before the game gets hard. It's not intended.

Anyway, Toads will always tell you if Dragon Coins are necessary to get a star. If they didn't tell you this, you can safely assume that there's no reason to collect them.
heycallmeZe

Post by heycallmeZe »

Is that boss music the boss music from Dream Team?
One day, an image will return