(shouting)

Introduction/Welcome Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
GenesisJames
Music reviewer and drawer of cute girls.

Re: Introduction/Welcome Thread

Post by GenesisJames »

Your English seems fine, mate. Glad to see that raocow is still bringing new people into the haus.
pkfire8906
ZOOM!
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by pkfire8906 »

Hey yo.

My name is pkfire8906, but you can call me pkfire for short. I am a long time lurker, first time talkhauser (or whatever it's called). I live in a small community in Las Vegas known as Summerlin, about 30 minutes from the Strip. The first raocow LP I watched was A2XT, and I've been watching consistently since then. In my spare time I enjoy playing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

So yeah, this is some sort of an introduction. I'll probably elaborate more on myself through actual forum usage. Hopefully things go well.
Chrysanth
Oh, now I understand what this is supposed to be.
First name: Molly
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Chrysanth »

WAIT WHAT THERE'S AN ACTUAL INTRODUCTION THREAD.

I totally missed this and went and posted somewhere else first and now I feel really weird about that. Oh well. So, hi, I'm Chrysanth. I've been inconsistently watching raocow's videos since Mushroom Kingdom Meltdown 2, I think? Yeah, that sounds about right. I remember being curious about his content because the people over at Retsupurae would joke about him occasionally - usually along the lines of, "He's the nicest guy in the world, but it's impossible to watch a full video from him." I gave it a shot myself to try and make it through one, and then I just kind of kept watching because I really liked what I was seeing.

Since the community seems to be a nice place based on how well all of the collaborative projects turn out - and since they were all brought here by raocow kind of - I figured I'd join. I tried doing that a few times but never actually posted anything, as far as I can remember. I was always afraid, not sure why. But now here I am! Doing things on the Internet. Like posting videos and looking at suggestive anime pictures on my dash on Tumblebee. What a time. I mainly play video games, study oddly specific historical events/political philosophies, listen to music, and pretend to go outside. Hopefully I can make some friends here and share some common interests.

First common interest to discuss: not knowing the Introduction board was here.
Oh gosh, it's been so long since I've signed up to be on a forum.
This is the part where I can write some witty banter or something?
Um ... okay ... I have a YouTube channel somewhere and I stay up at 2AM browsing Tumblr.
(P.S. I've also secretly wanted to join here for a while but always was shy about it but don't tell anyone I said that.)
Hollylolly
bored of earth
First name: Holly

Post by Hollylolly »

Hi! I'm Holly, but you can call me Holly.

I've been a fan of raocow ever since his LP of an untitled story was posted on the creator's forum in 2009. I've known about this forum just as long but I never really made an account
Mostly because whenever I thought "I should join there," the thought would exit my mind only to be replaced with "I'm hungry" or something like that.

I'm a trans multi-genre (but mostly electronic) musician and aspiring indie game dev (but all I can make are really bizarre platformers with stylistically sucky graphics,) and I'm mega into weird music, dragons, cheesecake and people with long hair.
I'm into games like Okami, Rayman, Warioland 4 (was mega happy to see rao play it!,) symphony of the night and basically all metroidvania games (games like AUS, Craz'd, Seiklus and cat planet defined a huge portion of my childhood and adolescence)
While I mostly watch raocow for his non-mario indie game LPs, I enjoy basically all his content and I hope that I'll enjoy being a part of this forum too!
Girl/dragon/music/viscous

Check out my music:
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Hi and welcome to the forums everyone. I enjoy a lot of games too. Really like the exploration on metroidvania games, and I think many pc Indie games tend to have done that well. I hope you have nice time here.
LucasRCD
Nothing to see here, besides a guy who needs to become more active on the site.

Post by LucasRCD »

Hello everyone, I'm LucasRCD, sometimes known as EmoStelar or ThatOneNetBattler. I'm a Super Mario World hacker and a member on SMWCentral. I've been interested in this forum for a while. I may or may not be as active here as I am in the other site, though.

I've found out about raocow due to a certain guy called Stink Terios, one of my favorite YouTubers (he doesn't make his videos in English, by the way. And no, this isn't advertisement for his channel in any way, shape or form). I at first wasn't really a fan of raocow's commentary style, but it grew on me, and it's quite enjoyable to listen to, even though sometimes I have no idea what he's talking about.

Keep in mind that English is not my first language, so I'm deeply sorry for any grammatical errors. I am also a Mega Man fan. More specifically Mega Man Battle Network. So... that's a thing.
Ugh...
Fymega
The one with the thing who things the things

Post by Fymega »

Heyyo everybody.

I'm Fymega, 21 years old, and I've been watching raocow for about 6 and a half years now after discovering him from a recommendation of a then-favorite german LPer and I've stuck with him ever since. I always was a lurker, watched everything but never commented. His LPs helped me through some really rough times, where basically the only thing keeping me afloat was wanting to watch what my favourite Canadian was going to play/do next. So I thought, hey, maybe I could give this forum thingy a try, since everyone here always seemed extremely friendly. So, uh, yeah, after 4 years I finally mustered up the courage to sign up here.^^

I'm a rapper, reviewer and once-youtuber, but that last one fell flat hard after me getting struck with some serious technical difficulties. I don't really play games anymore like I used to, but even back then it was more internet flashgames and german RPG-Maker games, where I was even kinda active in forums like Multimediaxis and the RPG-Atelier. Good old times. I'm still very huge into music though, and a giant nerd when it comes to all-things Hip-Hop and Indie-Rock.^^

I'm looking forward to hopefully having some good times up on this forum. And maybe even staying kinda active. :D Who knows. :D
DyslexicWombat

Post by DyslexicWombat »

holy moly i didn't expect to find myself here again!

i'll be madly surprised if anybody remembers me here (or if i even recognise any names at all), but gosh it's been a long time since i've seen the talkhaus, my last login was apparently 2010 :u

this is less of an introduction post and more of a self-gratifying "i wonder how the talkhaus is doing" post but hi i'm Jack and i started watching raocow in 2008 with the Kouhai romhacks! i've still been a viewer to this day but confession time: i completely forgot A) my talkhaus login and B) that the talkhaus existed. i used to be an avid Let's Player (my threads are still here on the forum!) and had success with a Super Mario: The Cookie Crisis series (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=572), but my channel got shut down for copyright strikes four years ago and i never went back to LPing; i'm still super upset that all my videos are gone forever :<

raocow's new Super Cat Planet video brought back a looot of memories and i thought i'd come hunting for the talkhaus and wow its still here and active!! i can't guarantee i'll be a regular here again because forums aren't really my thing any more BUT i might still pop by now and again!
these LPs no longer exist but i'm keeping them here for the sake of signature and also for memories

Current Dead LPs (YouTube killed my channel years ago):
Amnesia: The Dark Descent (PC)
HERE BE AMNESIA THREAD

Finished Projects:
Inquisitive Dave (Flash game)
Super Mario: The Cookie Crisis (Romhack)
Rayman (GBA)
raocow, MaGL 19th wrote:But y’know, sometimes, ya gotta look a gift horse in the mouth and go “what the hell am I looking at here, I’m not a dentist".
JohnTWY
First name: John

Post by JohnTWY »

Hello, everyone.

I'm John, John the White Yoshi. I'm a Youtuber, artist, and a bit of a voice impressionist.
I haven't watched raocow's videos, but I did hear of some SMBX contest episodes that were based on this forums, so I wanted to check things out and...

Well, here I am.
That, I can't really deal with some of the stuff happening at the other place.

Hope you guys will enjoy my stay. Thank you.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Yo to the new and returning people.
EvilMariobot

Post by EvilMariobot »

Oh, did I forget to do this? (well, no, I didn't know there was one of these here) Guess I was so caught trying to get my level working, that I didn't think to check here.

Hello, I'm EvilMariobot; long time fan. I came to raocow just about the time of Mega Man: Day in the Limelight.
Duality

Post by Duality »

Good day (or morning, evening, or whatever time it is when you read this). My name is Duality. I discovered raocow about 9 months ago, and have loved his videos. I'm gonna try posting here to help me get over my crippling social anxiety.
A way a lone a last a loved, along the riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, through swerve of shore and bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of recirculation back to Howthe Castle and Environs.
Nabmeonr890
shuba
First name: Zander

Post by Nabmeonr890 »

Hello there, talkhaus. I'm Nambona890, but unfortunately someone took that username as a joke on here, so I have to go under Nabmeonr890. I hope I enjoy this forum.
unban me from smwcentral plzkthx
also wew lad
btb
First name: Billy
Pronouns: ze/zem/zir

Post by btb »

Hey there fellas, I'm BTB. After some drama at a forum I frequent, I've decided to boycott it awhile and spend some time here. I think you'll find I'm pretty easy to get along with, I love making new friends and sharing a good laugh. In my spare time I like to watch anime, play minecraft, play mario, and go outside (JK LMAO :lol: ). I hope we all get along just fine, hope to see you around!
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Post by Coryman »

Man, lotta new people coming in here these last few days. Welcome everyone!
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
ParmaJon
Moose in a suit
First name: Jon (a bit too obvious?)

Post by ParmaJon »

btb wrote:Hey there fellas, I'm BTB. After some drama at a forum I frequent, I've decided to boycott it awhile and spend some time here. I think you'll find I'm pretty easy to get along with, I love making new friends and sharing a good laugh. In my spare time I like to watch anime, play minecraft, play mario, and go outside (JK LMAO :lol: ). I hope we all get along just fine, hope to see you around!
Heyo dude, good to see you here. Hope you enjoy your stay
Go to bed

btb
First name: Billy
Pronouns: ze/zem/zir

Post by btb »

ParmaJon wrote: Heyo dude, good to see you here. Hope you enjoy your stay
Hey Parma (or should I say Farmer ;) ), glad to see a familiar face around here!
nothobz
of the jungle
First name: george

Post by nothobz »

i got my nam from a typo
aka Cthulhu
Totally not a murderous tentacle. You can trust him.

Post by aka Cthulhu »

Short version:
Yo, yo, yo, everybody!!!!! 'sup?

...too casual?

Long version:
Greetings. Well, thought about joining this place for a while now. Usually, I rarely venture out from a certain pro-wrestling forum I moderate in which I consider my online home, but hey, might as well stretch my online legs out for a bit. Let's see... aside from pro-wrestling, I can chatter on about video games, particularly roguelikes, Dwarf Fortress, Touhou, Touhou fan-stuff, cannibalism, anime and manga, Discworld novels, other random games, and... this is getting too long so I'll end this sentence with an etc. P.S. Did you spot something off?

Anyways, I think my first exposure to raocow was his Nitroid LP. Started off as a means to pass by insomnia - like for reals I had a hard time sleeping for a while, and watching raocow LP I figured was a much better way to spend the time than shut my eyes and try to sleep. Fast forward to nowadays, where watching raocow's two vids per day has become something of a nightly ritual for me.

...I think this introduction took a little too long. So, um. Yeah. Yeah, I nod my head and say hello.
alexandrite

Post by alexandrite »

hey, i needed a new forum to hangout at for a bit and i figured i'd drop by here since i've been a fan of raocow's vids for awhile now and this place seems cool

what up :ugeek:
Decoy Blimp
I still exist it turns out
First name: Samantha
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Decoy Blimp »

Greetings and salutations everyone! I'm Decoy Blimp. Some of you like ft029 and lolyoshi know me from the SMWCentral forums. I figured it was time I join this forum because a ton of great SMW collabs are hosted here and you all seem like very nice people.

Hope I see you around!
Ness-Wednesday
A young prince
First name: Hint: Meme
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Ness-Wednesday »

Hey everyone, I'm Ness-Wednesday!
Some of you probably know me because I'm from the smbx community.
But don't fear me, as I've come to just chill and see what's going on.
:bi_pride: :unclebroadsword:
A sign made with nature. Avatar fused with sprites made by Neweegee.
Opposite corner!
swishyfeather
Stormy forest level please?

Post by swishyfeather »

hi there! i was pretty involved in the smw romhack scene in ~2008, but i haven't really been active since 2009. one of my goals is to start contributing to these various user-submitted level projects as I rekindle my long lost love of lunar magic

also have been a fan of raocow for 6+ years! hope to meet some others :3
Duothimir
oh okay
First name: Aaron

Post by Duothimir »

ohai

I reminded myself this forum exists when I was looking for Demo fanart. So here I am, I guess. 'Sup?
but why
Death5955

Post by Death5955 »

Duothimir wrote:ohai

I reminded myself this forum exists when I was looking for Demo fanart. So here I am, I guess. 'Sup?
Hey, how's it going?

I am Death5955 - I have been a lurker on the smbx forums and the talkhaus for a while. I've been watching raocow recently, and I just decided why wouldn't it be a swell idea to make an account.

So, um about my username, there was this discord copypasta that said a bot named Death5955 would give you a virus with a weird end tag such as .exe.zip.log.spasm and since I have a dearth of creativity, I just took the bot name and pasted it as my username.
A general FYI: There's a new malicious discord bot going around known as Death. If you see it on your server or any other server, ban it or ping the server staff and have it banned immediately. If this bot PMs you, DO NOT download or click any of its files, namely "dishrag.exe.zip.rar.7z.png.oj". Spread the word to as many of your servers as you can. But still be careful if user: -Death-#5955 Joins a server you know/own get it banned and do not click ANY links or downloads.