(shouting)

Stupid epiphanies/revelations

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Re: Stupid epiphanies/revelations

Post by Truhan »

onpon4 wrote:So, I started watching Sailor Moon recently. Great show, by the way! I don't even mind that a lot of it is filler; this is the first time I consistently like the filler episodes in a series.

Anyway, I'm 19 episodes in, and I only realized today that Tsukino Usagi (a.k.a. Sailor Moon) is named after... the moon. I feel like such a nincompoop. I wasn't even watching the show when I realized this, it was something I randomly noticed while I was on break at work today.
Literally "Moon field" "rabbit".
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Imaynotbehere4long
Gone, but...yeah, pretty much forgotten.

Post by Imaynotbehere4long »

The root word of "symmetric" is "metric." That occurred to me a couple days ago.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)

SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:The root word of "symmetric" is "metric." That occurred to me a couple days ago.
oh. my. god.
everything makes so much more sense now
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

I just realized what the SD in SD Gundam stood for earlier today, after seeing the series many years ago when it aired on Toonami
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

I keep forgetting to post this one, but I've been playing the Ace Attorney games recently and now I finally understand the "Nick" nickname (yes, I know the original is Naruhodo-kun). Phoenix -> 'Nix -> Nick.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
Chrysanth
Oh, now I understand what this is supposed to be.
First name: Molly
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Chrysanth »

For the longest time, I always thought that Geodude was just a horrible name.
But then I figured out at one point that it was based on the word "geode" and I felt horribly stupid.
It's okay, because I remembered that realization while Googling pictures of Geodude earlier today and finding this.
Oh gosh, it's been so long since I've signed up to be on a forum.
This is the part where I can write some witty banter or something?
Um ... okay ... I have a YouTube channel somewhere and I stay up at 2AM browsing Tumblr.
(P.S. I've also secretly wanted to join here for a while but always was shy about it but don't tell anyone I said that.)
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Speaking of Pokemon name realizations, it only clicked the other day that "Marowak" is referring to bone marrow.
Chrysanth

Post by Chrysanth »

S.N.N. wrote:Speaking of Pokemon name realizations, it only clicked the other day that "Marowak" is referring to bone marrow.
What ... that took me a second to think about. Some of these names sure are clever.
Either that or you and I are just really not the best at picking up on these sort of things.
Another one I just realized today is that Clefable has "fable" on it and that's why It's called what it's called. I always pronounced it Clef-a-bull instead of Clef-able and, well, changing the pronunciation has changed me as a person. Which is weird because Clefable is a Pokemon I love a lot.
Um ... okay ... I have a YouTube channel somewhere and I stay up at 2AM browsing Tumblr.
(P.S. I've also secretly wanted to join here for a while but always was shy about it but don't tell anyone I said that.)
freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Post by freakin whatzit »

it took me until a couple years ago for me to realize that charizard is just char lizard.
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Took me a long time to realize that Kuribo's Shoe and Jugem's Cloud were really just untranslated names. It's literally just Goomba's Shoe and Lakitu's Cloud, but the different names made me wonder why they were called that back in the day.
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Coryman »

CPU = Central Processing Unit, not ComPUter
...I really have no excuse for this
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
onpon4
Sharing is good.
First name: Julie

Post by onpon4 »

I realized earlier today, randomly, that "hazmat" is short for "hazardous materials".
Chrysanth

Post by Chrysanth »

freakin whatzit wrote:it took me until a couple years ago for me to realize that charizard is just char lizard.
That's kind of a silly one if that is what it's supposed to be, but it does make sense.
Charmander is a play on Salamander, Charmeleon is a play on Chameleon - both of which I just thought of when I read this.
But I don't think there is such a thing as a char lizard, so that would just be weird to play it on Lizard singularly.
onpon4 wrote:I realized earlier today, randomly, that "hazmat" is short for "hazardous materials".
I never took the time to figure this out, so that's pretty awesome that someone else has gone and done it for me.
I keep forgetting the difference between flammable and inflammable and just remembered again that they are the same thing.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

I just now realized that melon is lemon spelled inside out. Thanks discordhaus.
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?
Location: Within 2 miles of the Imperial Crypt of Napoleon III

Post by ztarwuff »

I only just understood the double entendre in the phrase:
If I told you that you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?
Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Another Pokemon one, the other day I finally realized Magcargo = Magma + Escargot.
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
Lockirby2

Post by Lockirby2 »

I realized that the phrase "play it by year" is actually "play it by ear".

Also, speaking of Kuribo's Shoe, when I was younger I just thought it was the normal shoes that Mario wears and uses to jump on enemies.
Decoy Blimp
I still exist it turns out
First name: Samantha
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by Decoy Blimp »

In 7th grade I had the epiphany that this girl I used to like I only liked because I was attracted to her. What can I say, I had just turned 13.
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus

Post by Truhan »

Decoy Blimp wrote:In 7th grade I had the epiphany that this girl I used to like I only liked because I was attracted to her. What can I say, I had just turned 13.
Unless she's an anime girl, I fail to see how this is relevant. I hope it was this one.

Rixithechao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODxOghVmko
First name: Mack
https://rixithechao.talkhaus.com/

Post by Rixithechao »

Super Paper Mario's been on my mind lately due to Vinny streaming the game on Vinesauce. Halfway through walking my dogs the other day I was replaying the final boss theme in my head and suddenly things clicked and I finally recognized the blatantly obvious

Mr. L and Dimentio

leitmotifs in the melody.

I was just reminded I had this moment and felt the need to share it, and that's when I remembered this thread existed. So, uh, yeah, here's a necropost I guess
Delightful Adventure Enhanced is out now!

There's an official ASMT Discord server! Check it out to discuss Demo games and follow their development! thread, invite link

(Entry requires verification, either with a connected Youtube/Twitter/Twitch/etc account or manually by the server staff.)

Itch.io (albums and eventually games), Youtube (dofur pass and I guess other videos)
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Tails, Sonic the Hedgehog's sidekick, has a full name.

It's always presented as Miles "Tails" Prower.

Miles Prower.

Miles per hour.

Figured that one out when I was about 19 and I'd been playing the games since I was 4, so... 15 years to stupid epiphany.