(shouting)

Let's DnD with Jolpengammler (DM), QubicTom and friends! Ep10 - Highwaymen! and Ep11 - So Awkward

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
First name: Tom

Let's DnD with Jolpengammler (DM), QubicTom and friends! Ep10 - Highwaymen! and Ep11 - So Awkward

Post by QubicTom »

Set in the Kingdom of Gallowin, a dark wizard has taken the city of Meremdell and is raising an army of the dead to take the kingdom. King Seph the First sends four of his least worse men on a quest to stop this menace. Can a Sun-worshipping Paladin, a shaolin Monk, an obese Bard and a weakling Knight save the day? Probably not. But here's their awkward attempt!

Full YouTube Playlist!

Ep0 - The Quest and Introductions
Ep0.5 - "Low Rider Horse"
Ep1 - Bacon and Blorbique Sauce
Ep2 - A Fistful of Kobolds
Ep3 - Bat Cave
Ep4 - Blazing Bat BBQ
Ep5 - Ceramic Tiled Cave
Ep6 - For A Few Kobolds More
Ep7 - Big Blue Sapphires
Ep7.5 - Levelling Up
Ep8 - Can I place a weapons order please?
Ep9 - Smorgstone Heath
Ep10 - Highwaymen!
Ep11 - So Awkward

CAST:
Jolpengammler as the Dungeon Master
potato_sniff as Blorgo Shmootz
OatBran as Flanders
Komus as Loric Mygoth
QubicTom as Sir Patrick O'Hanraha-Hanrahan
Last edited by QubicTom 7 years ago, edited 10 times in total.
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Dungeons and Dragons with Jolpengammler (DM), QubicTom and friends! [New Episode!]

Post by QubicTom »

New episode! We enter the Grim Mountains, in search for the Sapphire mine!
Ep2 - A Fistful of Kobolds

Didn't realise that a month had passed since the last time I posted episodes, whoops! At this stage I have enough audio to make 100 episodes at 20 minutes each. So look forward to more! It gets pretty crazy :D
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Let's Dungeons and Dragons with Jolpengammler (DM), QubicTom and friends! [New Episode!]

Post by raocow »

not gonna lie, I dig these a lot. Jolpe told me privately that things get pretty crazy !
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

We enter the abandoned sapphire mine and look around! Slowly and with too much caution! Until the very end... :D
Ep3 - Bat Cave
raocow wrote:not gonna lie, I dig these a lot. Jolpe told me privately that things get pretty crazy !
I'm glad you like them, thank you so much for watching!! Crazy isn't the word. Two future episode titles:

Bear Busters

Loric's Kinky Secret

There is a surprising amount of character development as the sessions go on, especially with the number of, um, traumatic things we go through! :lol: That's what happens when Jolpe is the DM!
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Re: Let's Dungeons and Dragons with Jolpengammler (DM), QubicTom and friends! EP3: Bat Cave

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Oh, man. Jipples, and tater.
That crazy voice dude
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Dungeons and Dragons with Jolpengammler (DM), QubicTom and friends! EP3: Bat Cave

Post by QubicTom »

Hooray, we're getting more viewers! Very glad to be getting such positive feedback. Remember, this was only our first session, and most of us had never played Dungeons and Dragons before. This first recording setup was also very ad hoc, so later the quality of everything improves :)

Last episode from Session 1, in which we try to fight off the massive cloud of bats. We also end the session in the best possible room :lol:
Ep4 - Blazing Bat BBQ

Since the feedback has been positive, I will edit episodes more often, so we should have at least one video a week. I won't be able to edit more until Thursday night, since I need to finish the boss of MediEvil 2 and do more JUMP. But yeah, definitely look forward to more in the very near future!
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's Dungeons and Dragons with Jolpengammler (DM), QubicTom and friends! EP5: Ceramic Tiled Cave

Post by QubicTom »

Dungeons and Dragons returns! This episode is a short one, but only because the episode to follow is a long one!
Ep5 - Ceramic Tiled Cave

As promised, two more episodes will be released this weekend. Had to learn how to use Adobe Premiere for these ones, since from the next episode on you'll get to see the map and the dice rolls!
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's DnD with Jolpengammler (DM), QubicTom and friends! EP6: For A Few Kobolds More

Post by QubicTom »

This is a long one. We confront a room full of Kobolds, and it goes really really badly.
Ep6 - For A Few Kobolds More

Still learning Adobe Premiere, so things aren't perfect in this video. This is the first one where you can see our dice rolls, although it's a little blurry and small. Next time I'll zoom in more, and I'll process the video at higher quality. But the audio is okay! That's all that matters, right? Right?!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Re: Let's DnD with Jolpengammler (DM), QubicTom and friends! EP6: For A Few Kobolds More

Post by raocow »

yeah, there's a learning curve with premiere, haha. Good show thouhg!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ParmaJon
Moose in a suit
First name: Jon (a bit too obvious?)
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by ParmaJon »

Leaving this as a note to myself to listen to this when i have time
Go to bed

QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Post by QubicTom »

ParmaJon wrote:Leaving this as a note to myself to listen to this when i have time
I was thinking of extracting the audio from these videos and putting it in Podcast form somewhere if that helps!

New episode, what?!
Ep7 - Big Blue Sapphires

These will become more regular, I promise :D We now have enough recorded for a further 110 episodes of about this length, so yeah, plenty more to come :lol:

As a recap: Blorgo, Flanders, Loric and Patrick are on a quest to collect items for a spell to save the kingdom. The previous few episodes were spent exploring an old mine in search of sapphires for this spell while under constant attack from Kobolds. Only barely escaping death last in the previous episode, we now heal up and finish the exploration of the mine!
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's DnD with Jolpengammler (DM), QubicTom and friends! EP7: Big Blue Sapphires and Ep7.5: Levelling Up

Post by QubicTom »

More episodes already?!
Ep7.5 - Levelling Up

You can totally skip this one, though, it's just us going through the level up process. (With over an hour edited out, because Paladin)
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's DnD with Jolpengammler (DM), QubicTom and friends! Ep8 - Can I place a weapons order please?

Post by QubicTom »

This was a session from May 30th last year. Whoops. I'm editing these things again if anyone is interested! More to come tomorrow!
Ep8 - Can I place a weapons order please?

It's "tomorrow", so the omnibus continues! We visit Smorgstone Heath, hometown of Blorgo. Weird place. Then we run into trouble.
Ep9 - Smorgstone Heath
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused

Re: Let's DnD with Jolpengammler (DM), QubicTom and friends! Ep10 - Highwaymen! and Ep11 - So Awkward

Post by QubicTom »

I've been posting a new episode each day on the YouTube channel, but to avoid spamming I'll post the round-up here once every few days.
Ep10 - Highwaymen!
Ep11 - So Awkward

Next episode title:

Bear Busters