(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by Alice »

http://www.isidewith.com/elections/2016 ... 2404479543

I'm actually a bit surprised I agree with Jill Stein that much. Everything I'd heard about her up until now I do agree with her a lot but less than Sanders and Clinton both. Also while I'm not entirely sure how much of a difference it'd make there is one question where I would have sided with Stein but answered the same as Clinton because I somehow missed Stein's answer.
Do you support Common Core national standards?

You: Yes, I support the concept but not the current implementation
Hillary Clinton’s similar answer: Yes
Jill Stein and Bernie Sanders: No, teach to each student's potential instead of uniform testing
Gary Johnson and Donald Trump: No, education should be handled at the state and local level instead of the national level
I agree with Stein/Sanders a lot more here but I somehow didn't see that answer. I don't disagree with setting up a uniform basis for education but I definitely think it should be geared towards each individual student rather than purely uniform regardless of each student's potential.
freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Post by freakin whatzit »

spider update: it went in the crack between the wall and the window frame. i'm assuming that's its home, so i'll just leave it there.
as long as i don't have to see it, i'm fine enough with it existing and eating all the other gross bugs i don't like. (still a little freaked out though.)
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!
cats-on-ice
Back from the grave

Post by cats-on-ice »

Honestly I'm hurting really badly but I don't know what I would say if someone asked me what's wrong
Image<--- I h8 u horikawa
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

I've been dealing with a spider lately too (this happens way too often but hey summer) and I discovered only this week that I'm more afraid of seeing the spider than I am of it touching me unexpectedly. It's absolutely bizarre, but it's absolutely an "out of sight, out of mind" result and it's made sleeping and being at my desk infinitely easier. SEEING the spider makes every single surface of my room a red zone, like you have to be constantly aware of the area you saw it and be on alert at all times, but having it crawl on me out of nowhere forces me to already be dealing with it and just means I'll fling it in some random direction, which instantly alleviates all sense of "oh FUCK IT'S HERE" because it's not here anymore, it's over there somewhere probably with a concussion :1 No potential for it to sneak up on me because it already did that and no longer can for some time.

Really weird resolution to spider and bug issues, but it turned out well. I know he's still in here somewhere though... the jerk.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Alice

Post by Alice »

I have like three or four spiders in my room. One of them even crawled across my monitor the other day randomly, lol.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

An old friend of mine invited me to hang out this Friday, and then once I agreed to it he casually threw out "we can load the kids in the back of the car and go get lunch"

This guy got his girlfriend pregnant at 19, basically had a shotgun wedding, has moved like 4 times since the wedding (in 2013), made his dad buy them a house which they were supposed to pay him for but I guess they haven't been so now they're being evicted and moving out of town to his wife's reserve (Where they get free housing), his parents are now separated because his mom was so mad his dad gave into their demands of buying them a house, they've had a second kid, apparently they're buying a brand new car soon, he doesn't have a driver's license and his paternity leave is almost up.

So since he's moving out of town soon, that's the reason he cited he wanted to hang out. But now I find out I'm helping him babysit.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Ashan wrote:An old friend of mine
Do you actually want to hang out with him
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I liked hanging out with him before he ruined his life.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I mean, if we could just hang out and not have the constant overhanging burden of his wife and/or children I'd still want to.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

But you know that's not going to happen.
FancyFancy

Post by FancyFancy »

RE: Pokemon GO

I went walking before it was cool.
FILMED IN
ImageImage
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

should standards be permitted in talkhaus y/n circle one (<3)
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

ohmato wrote:should standards be permitted in talkhaus y/n circle one (<3)
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Why, did someone post mouse sandwiches?
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

Pikabread wrote:i smell really bad also i have friends
yeah i bet buddy boy
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

im nog your buddy pal
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

I'm glad raocow likes spiders
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

if you too r gunn fite do ite een duh dundathome
july
七月
First name: e!ɡa
Pronouns: she/her

Post by july »

I left my laptop charger at my grandmother's place greater-than-one week ago and only just got it back. I am a clever person.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Alice fix iso's forum already
Alice

Post by Alice »

Ashan wrote:Alice fix iso's forum already
It's not something I can fix without changing hosting services (which will cost money) unless our current hosting service's tech support actually starts responding.
I'm giving them until Friday to get off their useless asses and do something about it. If they don't then I'm going to start working on transferring hosts even though that'll be a waste of ~6 months prepaid server time as well as a waste of my time to get everything moved over and setup.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Well damn.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Ashan wrote:Well damn.
Hopefully things will go smoothly after that at least. I just got a recommendation a little while ago for a hosting service that specializes in phpBB sites from a friend and it seems like it will be a good service despite being more expensive. ($7.95/month for the first payment period which is 1, 2, or 3 years then $14.95/month after that which is triple what we're currently paying but if they're an actually good host then that's not too huge a deal at least.) I just need to look into a few things such as whether hosting the DT3 downloads for Zephyr will be an issue on that host or not and whether I can get our domain transferred over to the new host. Though if we do go with this host it looks like I'll be able to look into setting up https for the site which is always good for end user privacy.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Thank ya for da hard work, aliceu
That crazy voice dude