(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
momo

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by momo »

It's been quite a ride over these last few years, but I'm falling apart and I need to leave. I'll probably still lurk but don't expect me to post any time soon. Sorry.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

This is some quality tech support. Kinda says a lot about your service when it's making Steam support look good. At this rate the only way my issue is going to actually get resolved is by flat out switching hosting services.
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Alice wrote:

This is some quality tech support. Kinda says a lot about your service when it's making Steam support look good. At this rate the only way my issue is going to actually get resolved is by flat out switching hosting services.
LMFAO what the hell is this bullshit, maybe you should just switch

I hope the site comes back soon
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Alice wrote:

I was wondering what had happened to that site. Never made an account, but I totally lurk every few months.

Also, someone took the name ZephyrBurst in Pokemon GO. If anyone finds this person, destroy all their pokemon. Take their pidgeys, caterpies, and anything else they catch, and roast those pokemon over a campfire. Toasted pidgey is a delicacy.
Alice

Post by Alice »

GlitchedGhost wrote:LMFAO what the hell is this bullshit, maybe you should just switch

I hope the site comes back soon
Really the biggest reason I haven't already is simply because it'd be a waste of money. The server is prepaid through November (I think until the end of December actually) so that'd waste 6 months of server time I paid for. Though at the subglacial pace these morons are moving at it's going to be a waste of that time regardless. I'm going to start looking into less worthless hosts soon and if they still haven't responded by Friday I think I'll get started with backing everything up. Though we will lose a couple of days worth of posts on the forums since my last backup was 2-3 days before it went down but that's still better than the site simply being nonexistent. (Though this might cause some temporary issues for ZephyrBurst since my internet isn't fast enough to reupload all the DT3 files in anything resembling a reasonable pace meaning he'll have to reupload those himself and the files will be down until he can.)
ZephyrBurst wrote:I was wondering what had happened to that site. Never made an account, but I totally lurk every few months.
Speak of the devil, lol. I was planning to pm you about the above info I mentioned before I actually started to deal with transferring files so it wasn't unexpected but I was waiting until I was certain we'd be transferring servers.
Also, someone took the name ZephyrBurst in Pokemon GO. If anyone finds this person, destroy all their pokemon. Take their pidgeys, caterpies, and anything else they catch, and roast those pokemon over a campfire. Toasted pidgey is a delicacy.
I know the feeling. It's very rare that I can get just "Alice" as a username anywhere. I normally have to resort to Alice Cheshire or, less commonly anymore, Alice3173.
Money

Post by Money »

momo wrote:It's been quite a ride over these last few years, but I'm falling apart and I need to leave. I'll probably still lurk but don't expect me to post any time soon. Sorry.
i hope you overcome, wish you well :(
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

ZephyrBurst wrote:Also, someone took the name ZephyrBurst in Pokemon GO. If anyone finds this person, destroy all their pokemon. Take their pidgeys, caterpies, and anything else they catch, and roast those pokemon over a campfire. Toasted pidgey is a delicacy.
I take it you had to settle for "Ze-fire Boist"?
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I can't play Pokemon Go because my phone charges like 1% of the times I plug it in and apparently that shit is a real battery hog
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

ZephyrBurst wrote:I was wondering what had happened to that site. Never made an account, but I totally lurk every few months.
Come join us nerd
Alice wrote:Really the biggest reason I haven't already is simply because it'd be a waste of money. The server is prepaid through November (I think until the end of December actually) so that'd waste 6 months of server time I paid for. Though at the subglacial pace these morons are moving at it's going to be a waste of that time regardless. I'm going to start looking into less worthless hosts soon and if they still haven't responded by Friday I think I'll get started with backing everything up. Though we will lose a couple of days worth of posts on the forums since my last backup was 2-3 days before it went down but that's still better than the site simply being nonexistent. (Though this might cause some temporary issues for ZephyrBurst since my internet isn't fast enough to reupload all the DT3 files in anything resembling a reasonable pace meaning he'll have to reupload those himself and the files will be down until he can.)
I can understand that, but it's bullshit that it's been almost two weeks without any sort of acknowledgement. I'd rather lose a few days worth of posts than the whole site.
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:
ZephyrBurst wrote:Also, someone took the name ZephyrBurst in Pokemon GO. If anyone finds this person, destroy all their pokemon. Take their pidgeys, caterpies, and anything else they catch, and roast those pokemon over a campfire. Toasted pidgey is a delicacy.
I take it you had to settle for "Ze-fire Boist"?
The app ran super slow and crashed periodically so I deleted it.
Le Neveu de Rameau

ZephyrBurst wrote: The app ran super slow and crashed periodically so I deleted it.
Yes, that's what I said about my car, too, but everyone insisted the error was on my end.
Alice

Post by Alice »

GlitchedGhost wrote:I can understand that, but it's bullshit that it's been almost two weeks without any sort of acknowledgement. I'd rather lose a few days worth of posts than the whole site.
Yeah, same here. It's been kinda obnoxious not being able to post over there and really frustrating getting no response at all from their tech support. (And Iso didn't help much there because he only finally saw my messages I sent to him about the site being down just yesterday...)
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

metasomnia wrote:
ah good avatar my man, I have just completed Dream Land 2
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:
ZephyrBurst wrote: The app ran super slow and crashed periodically so I deleted it.
Yes, that's what I said about my car, too, but everyone insisted the error was on my end.
Redownloaded it and tweaked some shit on my phone and now it runs decently-ish. The troubles of a phone with just adequate hardware.

Come up with a car analogy for that.
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Alice wrote:Yeah, same here. It's been kinda obnoxious not being able to post over there and really frustrating getting no response at all from their tech support. (And Iso didn't help much there because he only finally saw my messages I sent to him about the site being down just yesterday...)
I've had two dreams about IsoNation being back up. TWO! I'm gonna travel to wherever their tech support is and punch them all in the face.
Jesus Christ, did Iso not check his computer at all for two weeks or something?
He captured!
Alice

Post by Alice »

GlitchedGhost wrote:Jesus Christ, did Iso not check his computer at all for two weeks or something?
Apparently he rarely checks Steam messages which was the only real way I had to try to contact him. I normally would've pmed him here instead since even if he doesn't reply I can at least tell if he's seen it but he hasn't logged in here since the beginning of last month and he was never actually online on Steam when I was so I had to resort to sending him offline messages instead.
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Alice wrote:Apparently he rarely checks Steam messages which was the only real way I had to try to contact him. I normally would've pmed him here instead since even if he doesn't reply I can at least tell if he's seen it but he hasn't logged in here since the beginning of last month and he was never actually online on Steam when I was so I had to resort to sending him offline messages instead.
Maybe you guys should exchange emails or something, jeez
He captured!
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

Ivy wrote: ah good avatar my man, I have just completed Dream Land 2
Thanks!

I was trying out different combinations and that one was adorable so took a picture
Le Neveu de Rameau

ZephyrBurst wrote:Redownloaded it and tweaked some shit on my phone and now it runs decently-ish. The troubles of a phone with just adequate hardware.

Come up with a car analogy for that.
I think a toilet analogy may be more fitting. As a compromise, I propose it be a toilet with wheels. And a giant hood ornament. And 1950s Googie-esque fins. All the ladies will rush to take a spin in your hot new T-Bird. And I do mean spin in the most literal way possible.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:I think a toilet analogy may be more fitting. As a compromise, I propose it be a toilet with wheels. And a giant hood ornament. And 1950s Googie-esque fins. All the ladies will rush to take a spin in your hot new T-Bird. And I do mean spin in the most literal way possible.
Googled "Toilet with wheels" and this made me giggle the most from the immediate images.

As an added bonus, some cover of Green Greens from Kirby's Dream Land had just started playing when this image was found.
Alice

Post by Alice »

GlitchedGhost wrote:Maybe you guys should exchange emails or something, jeez
Yeah, once I get the site back up and running I think I'll ask him about a more reliable method to get a hold of him at times like this. Communication with the person I'm running the site for is kinda pretty vital.
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

ZephyrBurst wrote:
Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:I think a toilet analogy may be more fitting. As a compromise, I propose it be a toilet with wheels. And a giant hood ornament. And 1950s Googie-esque fins. All the ladies will rush to take a spin in your hot new T-Bird. And I do mean spin in the most literal way possible.
Those are taillights from a '59 Cadillac, the most be-finned of all 50s cars, so I guess it's closer to the analogy than you might think.
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Coryman »

It just now clicked, Pokemongo = Pokemon go, not poke mongo
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Post by freakin whatzit »

it's almost 2:30 am and i can't go to bed until this spider stops being in my room, or at least near my bed.
help.
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

Kill it