(shouting)

DT3 - raocow and the game that ended

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: DT3 - raocow and the neverending game

Post by Mikkofier »

SAJewers wrote:So, how many episodes do you guys think it'll take raocow to beat Warmaster?
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

Two more - one that's getting used to the battle and him getting so close... and then getting it on the very first attempt of the very next video.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

Warmaster is definitely on my theoretical top 10 final bosses list I'll never make, along with Final Vergil in DMC3 and other "Player 2" style bosses, and in a way, he's the logical conclusion of that concept. While not strictly pattern-based, he's not completely random either. Fight him long enough, and what I can only call "habits" will start to emerge. All human players have habits you can exploit and the Warmaster has similar behaviors you can eventually learn to read. However, players will also surprise you, and no matter how many times I fight this boss, he always seems to find some combo he's never done before and wreck my shit with it, but while getting wrecked with a combination of RNG and buggy logic from another boss would piss me off, when the Warmaster does it, I can't help but feel outplayed, bless the binary bastard.

Also this guy is hard. When I said let the Warmaster's sprite fill you with fear, this is what was being foreshadowed.
Meowthnum1

Post by Meowthnum1 »

raekuul wrote:Two more - one that's getting used to the battle and him getting so close... and then getting it on the very first attempt of the very next video.
I think he may beat him tomorrow. He was making better progress than he did against The Abomination, although I'm in the minority of thinking that The Warmaster is the easiest of the three final bosses (but again, that may be because I thought he was a super fun fight)
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

also damn it Zephyr look what i now have on steam because of you
(it's on sale)
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Nekoishi wrote:also damn it Zephyr look what i now have on steam because of you
(it's on sale)
As planned.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Kinda sad the abilities from gate 6 didn't make a final comeback for this fight. Warmaster's sword attacks in his red form remind me of Sephiroth's attacks, and are just screaming to be Parry'd. Of course, they would probably make this fight easy mode, and their special attacks would wreck Warmaster.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: DT3 - raocow and the last boss

Post by ano0maly »

Finally raocow bothers to equip the Force Armor (-1 damage from normal type), which people have been telling him about multiple times.

Of course he also says about the Diamond Tiara he doesn't need Internetz drops and then forgets to equip something actually useful in its place.
jaxter0987

Post by jaxter0987 »

I don't think raocow is beating the Warmaster tomorrow. The final gauntlet of 3/10ths of the healthbar is still a thing that can trip him up. That where most of my deaths were. I could reliably get to 3/10ths of his health left with little to no damage taken but as soon as he starts that second combination attack, things ramp out of control.

Leave it to raocow to actually change equipment, only to end up changing the wrong ones.
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

jaxter0987 wrote:I don't think raocow is beating the Warmaster tomorrow. The final gauntlet of 3/10ths of the healthbar is still a thing that can trip him up.
Really, I think the Ultimate is more dangerous than the actual final form. I've only made it there a handful of times damageless, but every time I have, I've gotten hit in stupid ways rather than the phase itself.

...though his first time seeing it will definitely be a death or five. I can totally see episode 000 tomorrow.
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

I recommend Plot Armor, Sword of Bravery and Heart Bracelet on Claire, since you won't be using Jerry anyway except for Shotgun Ice. Then Jerry can have Energy Gem for the occasional burst damage on the ice form, the uh... jacket that reduces explosion damage since he'll be fighting red form often, and Power Glove if you're feeling ballsy but if not, the uh... smaller sword. This game has too many equip items.
WhattayaBrian

Post by WhattayaBrian »

Wow, I finally caught up on the LP. Kind of lost track when I moved back during Gate 6.

Lots of bosses have been fought and lots of deaths have been deaded.

Good job, raocow. And good luck! The Warmaster isn't quite 100% fair, but he is about 99% fair. It's really satisfying to finally beat him.

It's funny. Considering he has a number of different bladed weapons, perhaps he's the true Edgelord...
If you read this post and thought "Wow, what a swell guy, I sure would like to hear his voice and also watch videogames?" then do I have a link for you.

Current Game: Distorted Travesty 3
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

Late but
Nekoishi wrote:also someone keeps writing erotic fanfiction in the comments could you please do something about that mr cow of rao
Yeah, he's still at it (and has been for quite some time now), and they're genuinely disturbing comments. I guess I could ignore them, but clearly I'm not the only one soured by them, so...

eh
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I don't want to block him because he's not, like.. targetting anyone, but any of his post that gets flagged as spam I don't unspam at this point, for what it's worth.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ACesspoolofHatred
What vision is this? What happens to the world?!

Post by ACesspoolofHatred »

it's not even hot or funny fanfiction, which makes it even worse

Like if he was trying to be like Chuck TIngle I'd be all for it
I have no social media presence, my only purpose here is to dismay and terrify you all, and I hope to continue to do so - Me, on one of Duvi0's Drawful streams
Y'know, Cesspool, that is, like, honestly... That was what I expected from you, and y'know what? That's my favorite thing that anyone does, specifically. Cesspool I adore you. - Duvi0 that same stream
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

Just saw the Big Fish Legend popup.

Congratulations?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

dang you steam, ruining everything !!! :evil:
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Next time: a bit of very welcome catharsis.

And then a lot of FUCK EVERYTHING.

jaxter0987

Post by jaxter0987 »

Guess its too late to say that there are different attacks for the mech based on different combination of inputs.

Thanks Steam for spoiling things.
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Congratulations raocow, that was a very impressive fight.
WhattayaBrian

Post by WhattayaBrian »

I just want to say...I may have completed the game 100% without getting hit, but raocow has just finished a much, much harder challenge.

Good job on your No Dash Buttons run, Mr. The Cow. I can't imagine being that masochistic.
If you read this post and thought "Wow, what a swell guy, I sure would like to hear his voice and also watch videogames?" then do I have a link for you.

Current Game: Distorted Travesty 3
raocow

Post by raocow »

see I told you guys I wouldn't need them
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

raocow wrote:see I told you guys I wouldn't need them
Yeah... but you woulda had like 1000 deaths fewer with them. Congrats either way! I'm really, really looking forward to the finale tomorrow(?) and how you react to it all. Especially since you're already laughing hysterically at Jeremy's mech alone.
WhattayaBrian wrote:I just want to say...I may have completed the game 100% without getting hit
I was kinda hoping for episode 000 so I'd have one more day of practice towards clearing the Warmaster... but raocow beating him today means for the next 3 hours, I'm going to be grinding it out into a (hopefully) clear.
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

I'm so far behind now, raocow is just about to get the second piece of the Dragoon. I'd be sad that I couldn't keep up, but considering I fell behind because of moving, getting married and a honeymoon, I think I'll be okay.

The only spoiler for me in here would be if Zephyr changed the ending. I guess I'll find out after reading the posts tomorrow.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Am I the only one who noticed that raocow was talking about offsetting the damage penalty from the plot armor with the brave (or was it bravery? I forget which) sword but ended up replacing it with the sword instead?