(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by Alice »

GlitchedGhost wrote:I think the hilarious thing about the site going down was that I was about to respond to your post and had clicked refresh to check for new posts and it was like NOPE DEAD LAWL
Oddly enough I had a similar occurrence happen, lol. I'd just gotten up and went to check the site. It worked fine then when I went to open our general chat thread the site errored out for me then continued doing that even when I tried the front page.
I love mindscrews, you bet I'll be playing through that at some point.
I've been distracted by Pokemon the past couple days since my brain likes to jump around with shit a lot, but I'm gonna be playing it soon, you can bet on that
It was enough of a mindscrew that it actually took me a decent amount of time to get reoriented with everything, lol. Some of the stuff that gets revealed was expected and basically all the rest makes sense in hindsight but when it's actually revealed it's just really out there.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Minnakht wrote:Minnakht
I just now realized that you have the same username as a dude on another forum. Are you into Magic the Gathering?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

raekuul wrote:Someone mind explaining to me why weak currency is a good thing?
They do a lot of trade over in Japan land, and that's the big issue there right now. It's getting too strong to be an economic boost. You never want it to be too low, but being too high can be a bad thing, too. Here and here. Those two links explain the situation better than I could. It's a BBC and Wall Street Journal link.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

My pokerman deck is coming along nicely
That crazy voice dude
Zummorr
Bug Catcher

Post by Zummorr »

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:My pokerman deck is coming along nicely
TCGO or real cardboard?
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by raekuul »

Bean wrote:
raekuul wrote:Someone mind explaining to me why weak currency is a good thing?
They do a lot of trade over in Japan land, and that's the big issue there right now. It's getting too strong to be an economic boost. You never want it to be too low, but being too high can be a bad thing, too. Here and here. Those two links explain the situation better than I could. It's a BBC and Wall Street Journal link.
Ah, effective cost of exports for the importers. Gotcha.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Drei
First name: Stirling

Post by Drei »

raekuul wrote:
Mata Hari wrote:
raekuul wrote:I wonder why everyone is acting like the UK can never ever ever be readmitted to the EU further down the road.
Nobody has ever left the EU before (barring weird edge cases like Greenland) and there are some right-wing elements in other Yurp countries agitating for their own referendums, so the EU has a powerful incentive to kick the shit out of the UK and discourage the others.
1) What other countries?
2) With what army?
hey so just let me inform you that literal fascist parties had positions in the greek republic during their debt crisis and europe has had a s r s problem with those kinds of ideologies during hard economic times

i mean you can also look at germany' christian democracts kind of leading the eu so there's that

and i mean i just feel like you're being obtuse cause all the anti-immigration parties are being pretty loud that they are reported about across the pond on npr and afaik most have said "brexit is good"
july
七月
First name: e!ɡa
Pronouns: she/her

Post by july »

oh geez prime minister Boris is going to be a thing isn't it
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

elga wrote:oh geez prime minister Boris is going to be a thing isn't it
I preferred him as a HIGNFY presenter...

The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Alice wrote:Oddly enough I had a similar occurrence happen, lol. I'd just gotten up and went to check the site. It worked fine then when I went to open our general chat thread the site errored out for me then continued doing that even when I tried the front page.
Hopefully IsoNation will come back soon.
It was enough of a mindscrew that it actually took me a decent amount of time to get reoriented with everything, lol. Some of the stuff that gets revealed was expected and basically all the rest makes sense in hindsight but when it's actually revealed it's just really out there.
Man, makes me excited to pick up the game.
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton

Zummorr wrote:
InsaneIntentions1 wrote:My pokerman deck is coming along nicely
TCGO or real cardboard?
Real as can be
That crazy voice dude
Alice

Post by Alice »

GlitchedGhost wrote:Hopefully IsoNation will come back soon.
Apparently I can't expect there to be less than 24 hours between replies to my support ticket unfortunately. I don't think that their support staff will be there for another few hours but as of this moment they have yet to reply to me verifying that I'm actually the account owner for the site's hosting account.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton

Alice wrote:
GlitchedGhost wrote:Hopefully IsoNation will come back soon.
Apparently I can't expect there to be less than 24 hours between replies to my support ticket unfortunately. I don't think that their support staff will be there for another few hours but as of this moment they have yet to reply to me verifying that I'm actually the account owner for the site's hosting account.
*summons skeleton army* I'll convince em! Also thought you'd enjoy my deck sleeves Image I had little choice in deck sleeves to pick from at my neighbors shop, and these were cheaper :/
That crazy voice dude
Alice

Post by Alice »

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:Also thought you'd enjoy my deck sleeves http://i.imgur.com/YcLR3Pf.jpg I had little choice in deck sleeves to pick from at my neighbors shop, and these were cheaper :/
Perfect card protectors. She'll burst the eardrums of anyone trying to harm your cards.
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Alice wrote:Apparently I can't expect there to be less than 24 hours between replies to my support ticket unfortunately. I don't think that their support staff will be there for another few hours but as of this moment they have yet to reply to me verifying that I'm actually the account owner for the site's hosting account.
Great customer service.
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
Alice

Post by Alice »

GlitchedGhost wrote:Great customer service.
Finally got a reply saying they were going to transfer my ticket to another department and would get another reply soon. Haven't heard anything else yet though and of all things their support site is apparently having issues now, lol. Refreshed the page for my support ticket and just got this:
So if they host their own support site it may potentially be a more widespread issue than just our server.
momo

Post by momo »

actually got reasonably close to beating this song
high bpm songs are really fun when you can process all the notes
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Alice wrote:Finally got a reply saying they were going to transfer my ticket to another department and would get another reply soon. Haven't heard anything else yet though and of all things their support site is apparently having issues now, lol. Refreshed the page for my support ticket and just got this:
So if they host their own support site it may potentially be a more widespread issue than just our server.
10/10
He captured!
Alice

Post by Alice »

Oh yes, how could I possibly forget to start Steam before starting the game despite starting the game through Steam.
GlitchedGhost wrote:...
10/10
If they're going to continue being this awful then when our prepaid server time is up in November or December I may need to look into switching to a host that doesn't suck.
momo

Post by momo »

i might stream rabi-ribi tonight if anyone is interested
after some testing it had some framerate issues, so i'll figure out something else to play
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I had a theory that there is a big overlap between Windows Phone users and religious people, and while it started as kind of a joke-ey anecdotal thing, the more I've seen, the more I've realized that it actually seems to be a thing. And I have a good theory on why it is. There's a LOT of not only overlap, but straight up parallels between the communities.
momo

Post by momo »

would anyone be interested in a "let's watch" kind of thing where me and one or two other people watch a movie or show and riff on it
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Post by Coryman »

Now that my knees are soaked in vinegar, I can go to bed.
Apparently it helps with bug bites.
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
Drei
First name: Stirling

Post by Drei »

totes momo
Alice

Post by Alice »

Alice wrote:http://i.imgur.com/xLPGV1W.png
Oh yes, how could I possibly forget to start Steam before starting the game despite starting the game through Steam.
Man, I sure love Steam's worthless drm. It's barely even an obstacle for pirates yet it constantly inconveniences legitimate game owners. In this case literally nothing seems to fix this error. I'd be better off pirating the game I own legitimately. Good job only further solidifying my opinion on buying shit from your store Valve. A+ job there.