(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Minnakht
Green eyed monster

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by Minnakht »

TaviTurnip wrote:It's unironically relieving to me that we can focus on how dumb Europe is for once, instead of insulting random people for being Americans any time they look like they might trip over a rock somewhere.
I take offense to you conflating the UK to Europe. I mean, plenty of other countries are dumb too - Greece is notorious, Poland doesn't look too cool internally, further east is worse - but that there was the UK making the news.

I'm being countrist

Edit: I don't actually take offense. But yeah, I don't know. If it doesn't happen on the federal level like rump does, you shouldn't take it personally. Florida Man is Florida, not America as a whole.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

So since it's still down after almost 24 hours: For anyone curious about the status of IsoNation, I'm waiting on our host to actually respond to my support ticket. Seems to be an issue with our server.
july
七月
First name: e!ɡa
Pronouns: she/her

Post by july »

Willhart wrote:Image
I find this one funny. Also surprised about the results. Will see what happens.
did Ireland shrink in the wash or something
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

elga wrote:did Ireland shrink in the wash or something
Don't be daft, the Wash is in the east
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

This is probably going to suck for Britain in the near future as well as a few other countries outside of the UK area like Japan that don't want to see their own currency strengthen at the moment. In the end, I'm amazed that a western country managed to be even more xenophobic than the United States. Well done?
Alice

Post by Alice »

Bean wrote:In the end, I'm amazed that a western country managed to be even more xenophobic than the United States. Well done?
Yeah, we hate everyone who isn't us. Actually we hate us too. Anyone who's not me really sucks.
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Mikkofier »

The fucking fascists are winning again. It's the beginning of the 20th century all over again.
Everything is shit is what I'm saying.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Mata Hari wrote:I can't wait for this country to tear itself apart at a molecular level. Seems good!
no, no this is totally going to bring back the empire and crap what are you talking about
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

Bean wrote:This is probably going to suck for Britain in the near future as well as a few other countries outside of the UK area like Japan that don't want to see their own currency strengthen at the moment.
Someone mind explaining to me why weak currency is a good thing?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

Apparently lots of people are going on record saying "oh god i only voted leave because i wanted to express my discontent with the system i didn't actually think it would win"

world's a mess
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Post by Coryman »

I swear, mosquitoes exist for the sole purpose of making me unable to perform basic tasks.
Both knees are completely swollen...
At least it's better than the time I literally couldn't sit down cause of em
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
Minnakht
Green eyed monster

Post by Minnakht »

Blivsey wrote:Apparently lots of people are going on record saying "oh god i only voted leave because i wanted to express my discontent with the system i didn't actually think it would win"

world's a mess
"Well, you're an adult, your opinion matters. Discontent with the status quo? Here's your PM resigning. Here's what you asked for - change. Cherish it. SAVOR IT."

people are a mess
128-Up
Captain Aiwana

Post by 128-Up »

I wish I could remain in a virtual world bubble. Recent politics are making me have this thought plenty.
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Here's something I found on Twitter (sorry about the level 100 jpeg, that's how I found it, I swear)
Something interesting, and not just relevant to this topic in particular.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Alice wrote:
Bean wrote:In the end, I'm amazed that a western country managed to be even more xenophobic than the United States. Well done?
Yeah, we hate everyone who isn't us. Actually we hate us too. Anyone who's not me really sucks.
blargh
That crazy voice dude
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

TaviTurnip wrote:It's unironically relieving to me that we can focus on how dumb Europe is for once, instead of insulting random people for being Americans any time they look like they might trip over a rock somewhere.
well we'll see how this works out when trump becomes president
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
raekuul

Post by raekuul »

Ashan wrote:Here's something I found on Twitter (sorry about the level 100 jpeg, that's how I found it, I swear)
Something interesting, and not just relevant to this topic in particular.
I wonder why everyone is acting like the UK can never ever ever be readmitted to the EU further down the road.
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Alice wrote:So since it's still down after almost 24 hours: For anyone curious about the status of IsoNation, I'm waiting on our host to actually respond to my support ticket. Seems to be an issue with our server.
Ah, I was wondering why IsoNation had died for 24 hours
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

raekuul wrote:I wonder why everyone is acting like the UK can never ever ever be readmitted to the EU further down the road.
Nobody has ever left the EU before (barring weird edge cases like Greenland) and there are some right-wing elements in other Yurp countries agitating for their own referendums, so the EU has a powerful incentive to kick the shit out of the UK and discourage the others.
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Also if we were to rejoin (which as I said probably wouldn't be possible) we would have to do stuff like enter the Schengen Agreement (i.e. have no kind of border controls with other EU states at all) and start using the euro. Somehow we managed to get out of having to do those things but we couldn't a second time.
Alice

Post by Alice »

GlitchedGhost wrote:Ah, I was wondering why IsoNation had died for 24 hours
Hopefully they get around to actually checking it out soon. They finally responded to my ticket about 5-1/2 hours ago but it was just to ask for verification of my identity and have yet to respond or do anything yet.

Also while it's on my mind I was going to post a bit about Danganronpa 2 since I finished it last night but since the site was down I couldn't. While I don't think it necessarily excuses some of the complaints I had about the game the last two chapters give some good explanations for some of the stuff I complained about. Last two chapters are also both extremely interesting and the final one is kinda a huge mindscrew for a lot of it. Provides a ton of answers unlike the conclusion to the first game too so even if you get annoyed by the early game like I did I'd recommend powering through that for the ending at least.
raekuul

Post by raekuul »

Mata Hari wrote:
raekuul wrote:I wonder why everyone is acting like the UK can never ever ever be readmitted to the EU further down the road.
Nobody has ever left the EU before (barring weird edge cases like Greenland) and there are some right-wing elements in other Yurp countries agitating for their own referendums, so the EU has a powerful incentive to kick the shit out of the UK and discourage the others.
1) What other countries?
2) With what army?
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Do you think there is a literal army involved
GlitchedGhost

Post by GlitchedGhost »

Alice wrote:Hopefully they get around to actually checking it out soon. They finally responded to my ticket about 5-1/2 hours ago but it was just to ask for verification of my identity and have yet to respond or do anything yet.

Also while it's on my mind I was going to post a bit about Danganronpa 2 since I finished it last night but since the site was down I couldn't. While I don't think it necessarily excuses some of the complaints I had about the game the last two chapters give some good explanations for some of the stuff I complained about. Last two chapters are also both extremely interesting and the final one is kinda a huge mindscrew for a lot of it. Provides a ton of answers unlike the conclusion to the first game too so even if you get annoyed by the early game like I did I'd recommend powering through that for the ending at least.
I think the hilarious thing about the site going down was that I was about to respond to your post and had clicked refresh to check for new posts and it was like NOPE DEAD LAWL

I love mindscrews, you bet I'll be playing through that at some point.
I've been distracted by Pokemon the past couple days since my brain likes to jump around with shit a lot, but I'm gonna be playing it soon, you can bet on that
He captured!
raocow wrote:last night I had a dream where I finally understood what a 'birb' is, and turns out it's a collyflower
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

Blivsey wrote:Apparently lots of people are going on record saying "oh god i only voted leave because i wanted to express my discontent with the system i didn't actually think it would win"

world's a mess
What the fuck.

I... normally I try not to swear, but there are seriously just no words for this. Every single thing I could say about why this is such an unbelievably, monumentally stupid mindset seems like a waste of words, because all of the problems are so painfully obvious that they go without saying. I want to rant about this, but... it just defeats the purpose, all on its own.

There's something wrong with the world.
I don't really get it but okay