(shouting)

Introduction/Welcome Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Anad
Pronouns: Any

Re: Introduction/Welcome Thread

Post by Anad »

Hello.

I've been watching raocow from quite sometime and I just joined this forum a view days ago.

THE FIRST THREAD I MADE WAS LIKE SUPER WHINY SO I'M SURE I MADE A GREAT FIRST IMPRESSION.

But seriously, nice to meet everyone.

I like videogames, computers and anime (but that last one is a secret) though, really, "dislike" may seem more appropriate at times since I complain about nearly everything and have no sense of humour.
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

too late duder now everyone knows your secret love of anime even raocow
:nb_pride:
Drei
First name: Stirling
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Drei »

heyo

i've been watching raocow since . . . 2008ish

been pretty on-off watching him daily though and finally have sat down and joined the talkhaus!

i used to go on mfgg but moved to -w when they split

uuuuh i've been spriting on and off since 2007~8 and actively browsed and posted on sprites inc, pixeltendo (and eventually tsr), and bob and george

i'm an engineering student with math and political science minors

i'm on a league of legends amateur team for my university; i think that's plenty of introducing!
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Hello and welcome to the talkhaus. You have watched raocow almost from the very start of his channel, which is very impressive. I hope you have good time posting here.
patch_rat
Pronouns: she/her

Post by patch_rat »

Hi, I'm new around these parts. Started watching raocow some time in high school but only recently got back into it (current university freshman, major undecided). Big fan of the mario-related content and weird one-offs. Normally don't play videogames as much as I used to, I'm generally more dedicated to my music-making and -listening. Still figured I'd join these here forums, mite b cool :? .
I think that's all. Yea!~
I love wooooorld
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

I forgot there was topic like this.

Hello. I was around back in the days as LunarMagicMan (I had such a stupid handle...) until mid 2010 and have been MIA since. I decided to return because, why not? Also I was interested in seeing other opinions of DT3 stuff after seeing some replies to the videos themselves.

Also I've been on the raocow wagon since Vip4 on Youtube. Good times. Good times...
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
ImpulsiveKnowledge

Post by ImpulsiveKnowledge »

Hello.

I've been watching raocow for quite a while. Since 2009, actually. My personal favorite of his SMW series was FreedoMn (despite the difference in audio), SMBX being the MAGLX2, and my favorite side project of his being An Untitled Story in which I thought the entire game fit to his character perfectly.

Sadly, I never got around to introducing myself because I've had an overwhelming anxiety of communities in general and, generally just kept to myself.

But I want to change all of that. So, I want to try to be apart of this community in any way I can and break out of my anti-social habits! My main hobbies are writing poetry/stories, playing M:tG, and gaming to a certain degree. Watching Youtube is mainly raocow and two other players, along with various other channels that relate to random facts about the world and/or music of interest.

Keeping the intro short and ending it off: I hope to meet some great people here and expand my horizons. :>
The village cowered, the forest scattered, even the monster was horrified.
ableunstable
relatively sane
Pronouns: dude

Post by ableunstable »

i have had this account for 2 years and then i suddenly remembered that i had it and here we are!
Nao
Pronouns: he

Post by Nao »

Hey there talkhaus :D

I am Nao, also known as 'Desperate-kun' on some other forums. I have been watching raocow for a long time (I can't remember exactly how long) and have been playing and creating SMW Hacks for many years too. SMW and SMBX are the things I mainly watch of raocow, I am not that interested in fangames and other indie games (even though some exceptions are Untitled Story and Mibibli's Quest for example).

Hmm what else can I say about myself.. I'm 17 years old, interested in music and video games mainly. I play the piano since around 10 years but I don't play very much lately. Video games.. I mainly enjoy retro platformers so that's why I love SMW Hacks that much :D The game I am most dedicated to is the rhythm game osu! where I am some sort of mapping moderator (anyone who plays that game actively enough and is also registered on this site please contact me ^^, I'm always interested in finding others that are interested in osu! and SMW).

I hope I'll be active in this forum since the community is great from what I experienced and heard. I especially hope to be able to contribute to future talkhaus projects (Collabs and Contests etc.) Generally everyone who wants to know more about me or just wants to make friends with me simply contact me, I don't bite :3
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

hey all y'alls! welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay!
DLLrul3rz
Captain K'nuckles is Captain of you!

Post by DLLrul3rz »

Hey all!

I'm not actually new here, I just made my account and never actually posted anything. So I'm basically the oldest new account?
muimimoji

Post by muimimoji »

I've been watching raocow for so many years and have just never made an account here until recently! D:

I've even appeared in the credits of a few games he's played for writing some original smw songs, though I never have really managed to contribute anything level design wise! I kinda want to get into it, but the quality of this community is just so incredible, it's a bit daunting to try and get up to par with the rest of you.

Anyways, hey there everyone, you're all wonderful people!
maou shoujo
devil girl
Pronouns: she/her

Post by maou shoujo »

I've also been watching for years, just kind of lurking. I've had an interest in the projects that the talkhaus has produced, but never gotten involved. So, hi!
occasional watcher of the lets plays
momo

Post by momo »

welcome everyone!
SpeedBurnZero
Oh no!
First name: Andreas

Post by SpeedBurnZero »

Hello everyone!

I'm SpeedBurnZero or also known as ShinNessTen in some Forums!
I'm a big fan of Megaman and like Platformers a lot! I only just recently realized how much fun platformers are to me... like in the year 2013! Yes, this late!
Before that, i played a ton of RPGs and even created some myself: TOD the grim Reaper and TOD the grim Reaper 2! (DON'T LOOK 'EM UP, THEY'RE GROSS AND NOT FUN AT ALL!)

I like to think that i'm a decent spriter and have created tons of (only) small sprites.
The best thing i ever did spritewise was this OC of mine called Arma:

I basically recreated the walkcycle of Zero from the Megaman Zero series and remade it to fit my Character! So that's... basically cheating, but STILL... !

I have a huge cursing problem and would like to not curse at all in the future if possible... if i watch raocow and how he's always (almost always) calm and not angry at videogames, i get a lil' feel of Jelly in my Stomach.
But i guess that's just my character... i can't change it!

My dream is it to become a Game Designer and make my own Plot Universe like everything is connected to each other and... stuff...
I have some ideas that i think are great and would make for a decent gaming experience.

Why am i here, you ask?
... well... eh... you guys seem very great and you do like contest that have to do with videogame making and stuff like that. (I know it's mostly romhacking, but i still think level designing is part of something i should learn!)

I'm german, so you may apologize my english... or engrish... or gerlish...

So eh, yeah... i hope we can get along! :-D

PS: Thanks so much to pascontentpascontent for letting me in here! I had trouble signing up and he made it possible that i could signup... so yeah, thank you so much!
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!

Post by AmeijinMayo »

Nice to meet all you folks. My name is AmeijinMayo, but please feel free to call me Mayo for short.

I've been watching raocow's playthroughs since Junior High and I've always had an entertained time watching him play some amazing fan made games. I had heard about the forum quite awhile ago, yet I didn't look into until as of now. From the threads I've seen and all the activity, I'm totally down to be apart of it.

Since this is an introduction thread, I should probably share a little about myself. I'm a guy who just got out of High School and is heading to College next year. I like listening to music and being able to edit/work on any video projects I may have going at the time. Some hobbies of mine are watching tokusatsu shows, watching an anime with friends/family, bike riding and the occasional drive to draw whatever's on my mind. I've got some experience in using programs like Sony Vegas Pro 11, Audacity and Photoshop CS6. I've been messing with making stuff with blender and Walfas, but I'm still wet behind the ears with those. Did I mention I like playing video games? I'm down to play most games, but my favorite games in particular are SRPG's. Ever since Junior High where I had played Disgaea 3, I've been giving almost every SRPG out a complete playthrough or a try. I haven't played that many romhacks like raocow has, but I've always be up for giving one of them a go. If any of the forum members here have any suggestions, please do send a message my way on what that might be. :)

What I'd like to do right now is complete my courses in college, actually put up proper playthroughs/videos on my Youtube channel and contribute some posts to this forums. Thanks for reading this introduction post and I hope I can get along with you all.
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
all-spice
Crisp, fresh, delicious.
First name: Brandon

Post by all-spice »

Wassup folks. I'm All-Spice. Or Brandon, whatever you prefer.

I am a college student allllllll the way from the quandary we folks call New Jersey. (Imagine there is reverb on New Jersey)

Rutgers student, ginger, bum, nerd. All I can think of to say for now.
20thCenturyGuilotine

Post by 20thCenturyGuilotine »

Hello all. I'm 20thCenturyGuilotine. I'm from Canada, and I've been watching raocow for about a year, and I joined talkhaus about a month ago, but haven't posted anything yet.

I'm aware that guillotine is spelled wrong in my username, but character limits.
momo

Post by momo »

thanks for joining the forum, everyone :3
Merlin
RL Fun Factor
Pronouns: any

Post by Merlin »

ayyyyyyy
hi everyone
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Merlin wrote:ayyyyyyy
hi everyone
Great Merlin's Ghost!
itsthewhinyguys
Your flair is displayed next to your posts, under your name.
First name: Your real name

Post by itsthewhinyguys »

Hey y'all, I've been watching Mr. Dacow for a while now, ever since he started LPing my sibling's game, Copy Kitty. My other sibling, LovelyPenguin, has been bugging me to get an account here for some time, so I finally decided to break down and do it. We've slowly been going through a bunch of raocow's Mario hack vids, and I gotta say, they're always a treat to watch.

I'm not sure how often I'll post here, but hopefully it'll be fun.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

Welcome to the haus, dude!
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
LovelyPenguin
Penguinpenguinpen
First name: \(0v0)/
Pronouns: any are fine

Post by LovelyPenguin »

Welcome, brosky!
"The penguin is the core of the universe; the penguin is all."
- raocow

Vrikolaka
"Brazillian Wanna-Be Youtuber"
First name: Vriko

Post by Vrikolaka »

...Ahm.... Howdy! How are you guys? :oops:

I'm Vrikolaka, you can call me Vriko if you want, if you find it hard to call me Vrikolaka XD I'm a enthusiast of Tabletop RPG Games, a Wanna-Be Brazillian Youtuber (hey, i'm trying kinda well...), and making a marathon of videos of Horikawa and raocow right now (the Keep Talking and Nobody Explode and the MaGLX Redux). Oh, and i'm really interested to learn to how to create levels on SMBX. Would be really nice to have a level of my own on the next MaGLX contest. Probably I will horribly fail, but yeah :lol:

Oh, and more importantly: My english is horribly bad. My first language is portuguese, and I don't talk that much on english to be good on talking/writing on it. So, bear with me, please :( Oh, if you want to correct me, feel free :geek: It will help me to get better. Not even joking. :D
My english is horrible. Like, really horrible. It's not my first language (my first language is Portuguese), and I don't write/talk very well. Please bear with me, and I don't mind corrections. It will help me to get better. :ugeek:

And for the Brazillian/Portuguese/whoever talks portuguese that I'm not aware of, I have a youtube channel. Just search "Vrikolaka Let's Noob" on youtube. :D