(shouting)

Zelder Scrolls U: Hyrim (Breath of the Wild thread)

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Zelder Scrolls U: Hyrim (Breath of the Wild thread)

Post by Ashan »

Figured I'd get the hype thread started up. Just announced at E3, I'm pretty excited. It looks like there's gonna be more weapons and armor than any previous Zelda game. Gave off a lot of Dark Souls vibes, so I'm excited.
Last edited by Ashan 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by Telamon »

Everything is dark souls :|
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

I'm loving what I'm seeing so far.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

It seems to be a cross between Zelda, Dark Souls, and Shadow of the Colossus.

I'm not super excited about weapon durability, but this is the most excited I've been about a Zelda game in a while.
freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Post by freakin whatzit »

not really feeling the name, but it looks pretty neat so far.

this is just the first real trailer, and therefore no indication of what the entire game will be like, but i'm hoping it won't be just wandering around the wilderness except there's some dungeons and bosses in there too. but that's just me.
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

I'm getting Xenoblade X vibes from this, which is a good thing.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Telamon wrote:Everything is dark souls :|
But Dark Souls was inspired by Zelda to begin with, so Zelda is Zelda.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

freakin whatzit wrote:not really feeling the name, but it looks pretty neat so far.

this is just the first real trailer, and therefore no indication of what the entire game will be like, but i'm hoping it won't be just wandering around the wilderness except there's some dungeons and bosses in there too. but that's just me.
They've been playing it on the stream for the past like 2 hours
It's not just a trailer
freakin whatzit
welcome to th :|
First name: alex
Pronouns: they or she

Post by freakin whatzit »

Ashan wrote:
freakin whatzit wrote:not really feeling the name, but it looks pretty neat so far.

They've been playing it on the stream for the past like 2 hours
It's not just a trailer
oh woops, i completely missed that part. i'm a dumb who wasn't watching the actual stream.
don't mind meeeeee~~ just feeling like the idiot that i ammmmm~~
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ARE ALL UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Wolf Link can be an AI partner! Through the Amiibo, ofcoarse.

Man, how does THAT tie into the canon?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

Hoeloe wrote:I'm getting Xenoblade X vibes from this, which is a good thing.
Yeah that was pretty much one of my first thoughts as well. And as someone who adored the sense of exploration in that game, this is looking all kinds of amazing. (the limited inventory space for equipment looks like it might be kind of a pain though given my tendencies to hoard everything)
all-spice
Crisp, fresh, delicious.
First name: Brandon
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by all-spice »

Wind Waker and Majora's Mask I think are some of the best games in the series, for the record. I genuinely believe this could complete the trinity of stellar 3D Zelda games.

Whether it be the huge maps and freedom or the ability to use enemies' weapons, I get huge Wind Waker vibes from a Zelda stand point, and that's a wonderful thing. Being able to take weapons in Wind Waker, I feel, was one of the coolest yet under-utilized features in a Zelda title.

The music, the look, and the overall evolved feel of the game leaves me stoked. Shoutout to the voice acting in the beginning of the game too. That's super rad.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

This and Horizon have been my favorite games shown at conferences so far. They have a similar deal going on, but they do things in their own different ways.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Official boxart has been shown off.
Looks like NA will actually get nice looking boxart for once! It always annoyed me that EU got cool Zelda boxart, and then NA would get the game's logo over a gold background or something.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

If you all care about the My Nintendo points thing, they're offering up 70 by finding stuff on the Nintendo E3 website.

1) Find the Sheikah Slate on E3.Nintendo.com for 10 coins
http://e3.nintendo.com/ - In the middle of the News & Updates section near the bottom of the main page

2) Find the Sheikah Eye on E3.Nintendo.com for 20 coins
http://e3.nintendo.com/games/the-legend ... ild-wii-u/ - It's the blue icon at the bottom of this page

3) Find the hidden Z icon on E3.Nintendo.com for 30 coins
http://e3.nintendo.com/videos/#legend-o ... e3-trailer - Right under the video player on this trailer is the Z icon.

Bonus for 10 coins (I think)
http://e3.nintendo.com/games/ - There's a Mii that will pop out of the treehouse at the bottom of this page. Click it for a secret mission reward.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Thanks for that.

I actually haven't touched much of the My Nintendo stuff lately because I'm running the Android N preview and Miitomo crashes upon launch in it. No fix yet as far as I know, so I haven't used Miitomo in like a month.
Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Is...is that some sort of lightsaber dagger arrow Link is shooting?
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Telamon wrote:Is...is that some sort of lightsaber dagger arrow Link is shooting?
That's been a thing since they announced the game back in 2014.

On another note, I'm disappointed in the lack of a female hero for this game, especially with all the rumours floating around about it. It's especially disappointing that their reasoning was so poor.

I could understand it for pretty much one reason only - if Link in Breath of the Wild is the same Link who has appeared in a previous game (therefore necessitating the character remaining consistent with previous instalments). This is actually not impossible, given the name of the starting area (which features the word "Resurrection"), and the combination of Wind Waker and Ocarina assets making me think this may be set some time between OoT and WW.

So if their given reason was in order to hide a more plot-related reason, I can perhaps get behind it. Still, I'm disappointed they didn't take the opportunity, especially since Linkle is already an established "female Link".
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

It's about time they finally tried something new in the franchise.
That crazy voice dude
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:It's about time they finally tried something new in the franchise.
I mean, they've been doing small innovations for a while, just a lot of the core formula remained the same. This is the first really big shakeup we've seen, probably even more of a change than between LttP and OoT.
Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Hoeloe wrote:That's been a thing since they announced the game back in 2014.
I guess it turns out a thread on the talkhaus is the only thing that can make me pay attention to a new Zelda game.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Hoeloe wrote:On another note, I'm disappointed in the lack of a female hero for this game, especially with all the rumours floating around about it. It's especially disappointing that their reasoning was so poor.
It's not as bad as with NSMBWii when they were asked why Peach wasn't playable and they were like "the dress would be too hard to animate"
WestonSmith
Bunny

Post by WestonSmith »

There's some neat stuff here (certainly the best looking 3D Zelda, but a far cry from the overhead series), but a few things of note:

(1) Game is full of massive land but not much to fill it. Bad memories of TP.

(2) THEY'RE STILL USING Z-LOCK!!! If there's one thing holding 3D Zelda back more than anything else, it's the horrid lock on system. Hopefully it's limited in scope and not a handicap on the entire game.

(3) This game's art style is nice, even if the E3 demo from however many years back was nicer.

Anyways, Nintendo got my interest, we'll see if they can sell me on this one now.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I don't know if it'll make a huge difference, but Nintendo did say they got rid of basically all NPC's as to avoid spoilers. Don't know if that'll make a huge difference in how empty the world looks so far, but it's probably something.

There's also the fact that the demo didn't really have any goals as far as I could tell. Looks like it's mostly just a big, directionless chunk of land you get to run around in. I think it's mostly like this to show off the new gameplay mechanics and whatnot. The final game I assume will have more of an idea of what the player should be doing which might make it feel less tedious to run around the world.
Hoeloe
A2XT person

Post by Hoeloe »

Ashan wrote:The final game I assume will have more of an idea of what the player should be doing which might make it feel less tedious to run around the world.
I mean, they showed in the stream a target point appear on the map, along with dialogue saying "go to this place", so yes, there likely will be some direction other than just "run around and do stuff".