(shouting)

DT3 - raocow and the game that ended

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Dark Hunter

Re: DT3 - raocow blows up a lot of robots

Post by Dark Hunter »

I'd forgotten about the dialogue box platform room. That was hilarious.

The war sequence room this time it actually is surprisingly easy to die in. Especially when CHAOS whips out the tanks and those $*&%ing Rocketeers.

Tomorrow: PLOT!
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

Ah man, this part of the Discombobulated is probably my favorite. I didn't even get mad at the chain jumping section, I was that happy with the whole place.

Question to those here about tomorrow who've played this:

I screwed up the timer in my own run bad. Is it actually possible to beat the timer and avoid what happens? The header sorta implies you can't, but I don't know.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

Validon98 wrote:Question to those here about tomorrow who've played this:

I screwed up the timer in my own run bad. Is it actually possible to beat the timer and avoid what happens? The header sorta implies you can't, but I don't know.
Even with completely optimal movement, I'm pretty sure it's impossible. I got there at a reasonable speed and was still way off.

Also, I just played the Tower Defense segment again for myself and read the Mega Turret tutorial. Nice nod to those that pointed out the glitch.
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

No. I've had a near-perfect run with Claire and it's still a few seconds off.

Also that room is about as fun as it looks on Achilles mode.
heycallmeZe

Post by heycallmeZe »

Well, I guess I know how to annoy ZephyrBurst: Google emojis Image
One day, an image will return
ano0maly
Discord User

Re: DT3 - raocow recalls Primary Memory

Post by ano0maly »

There's a narrow window of opportunity after you clear the Disco place to replay the War Room and the Space Invaders shootout. The War Room is an effective way to farm for experience and coins, useful if you need money to buy equipment items. (Note that you need to first complete Disco to reactivate these rooms.)

The opportunity ends once you clear and head past the Construction Site.

Also raocow you missed two NPCs in the village: Klonoa and Firebrand (the NPC in DT1 that allowed you to reset your skill tree). Note that Klonoa's shop in Farreaches is no longer available, but the items (Gauntlets of Greed, Diamond Tiara, Mystic Dagger, Blessed Vessel, Gravity Displacer) can be purchased from other shops.
jaxter0987

Post by jaxter0987 »

As others have said, its not actually possible, but like with Sera, you gotta dangle the hope out there. I got baited hard with Sera, spending a good 100 lives on resetting everytime she got infected. While raocow is likely not as invested as I was, I still want to egg on the first playthrough experience.
I got pretty hung up on that chain jumping section, particularly on the part that came after the check point. It took me forever to get a run where I had gained enough vertical height in that zig zag section.
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

heycallmeZe wrote:Well, I guess I know how to annoy ZephyrBurst: Google emojis Image
The problem is that the generic :P comes out as Image when people expect it to come out as Image but without the wink. It's tonally discordant and ruins messages!
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

*coughcoughcoughdashbuttons?coughcoughcough*
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

RobinLSL wrote:*coughcoughcoughdashbuttons?coughcoughcough*
Any hope of raocow ever using them just jumped out a 40 story building now that the hardest chain dashing segment is over.

When witnesses were asked why it jumped out a 40 story building, they were quoted as saying, "to prove an ill-advised point."
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

so is Kirby.... dead-dead?

:(
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

...yes. :cry:

It's kind of at this point in the game where Hexor ceases to be at all amusing and you realize that he really has to be stopped. He's psychotic enough that all his talk of ending existence and taking everything down with him is not just blowing steam. He really intends to do it, and he has the means to do so.
jaxter0987

Post by jaxter0987 »

Yes Kirby is actually dead just as Mario, Luigi, Link, Belmont, Megaman, and Samus are actually dead.

He has 2 Mega death weapons at his disposal alongside the Warmaster with his CHAOS army to boot. Like Dark Hunter said, he REALLY has the means to do it so.... yeah, KIND OF a big deal.
NegativeZeroZ
The Living Travesty

Post by NegativeZeroZ »

Yeah, the story gets serious now. It's been fully "in motion" since Gate 6 ended, but now it gets real. Some people say that it's very un-DT.

As for the dungeon itself... backtracking for Turbo Smoothies may not be a bad idea. I'm on the same wavelength as raocow with loving the trap-based dungeons, but this one is something else. My first run of this area, I hated it. Ragecow is very possible here.
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

So... uh... this is the point where the story sooooorta starts taking the dark turn. There's still some silly things, but for the most part, ughh... yeah no, no, fun times have ended. I'll be honest, this is not a turn I enjoy, and certainly not a turn that feels in place with DT as a whole. But, well, it's not my story, so I guess there's not much I can say?

Displaced Construction Site is going to be a thing. Not as much as the CHAOS Weapons Facility, but still a thing.
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Stink Terios

Post by Stink Terios »

Geez, Kirby died like a chump. That's not right at all! >:(

And yeah the story now falls off a cliff and becomes really unfun and bad. Get ready, because many will complain. A lot.
Count Mohawk

Post by Count Mohawk »

Validon98 wrote:So... uh... this is the point where the story sooooorta starts taking the dark turn. There's still some silly things, but for the most part, ughh... yeah no, no, fun times have ended. I'll be honest, this is not a turn I enjoy, and certainly not a turn that feels in place with DT as a whole. But, well, it's not my story, so I guess there's not much I can say?
This is the part of the game that puts the Travesty into Distorted Travesty.
Lostsoldier20
I am.

Post by Lostsoldier20 »

raocow: Man Hex has like nothing threatening about him!

Except that he essentially controls the Abomination...
And the Warmaster...
And by extension all of CHAOS...
And the Warship...
And worst of all just killed Kirby...

Yep! He seems fine!

But yeah, this begins the section of "Man, I am super amazingly ultra feeling the story." and this feeling doesn't end until the credits hit.
I'm an idiot who likes vidya games.
And also maybe makes bad decisions based on those vidya games.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Stink Terios wrote:Geez, Kirby died like a chump. That's not right at all! >:(
Well maybe he shouldn't have been such a chump.
Ometeotl

Post by Ometeotl »

Alice wrote:
Kirby is shaped like a friend, not a chump, just as you are shaped like a heartless monster.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Alice wrote:
I laughed. Maybe it just feels like a deadpan delivery, which is humorous to me.

Edit: Almost forgot. The Sparky that gets stuck on the bottom of that platform is a bug in their code that only occurs there. I was going to fix it, but NZZ suggested just pointing it out and making fun of it instead.
Le Neveu de Rameau
I'm a hoobsie roller; I got robots in my life
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Post by Le Neveu de Rameau »

Lostsoldier20 wrote:raocow: Man Hex has like nothing threatening about him!

Except that he essentially controls the Abomination...
And the Warmaster...
And by extension all of CHAOS...
And the Warship...
And worst of all just killed Kirby...

Yep! He seems fine!
I sort of see where raocow's coming from, though; for all the chaos and destruction he causes, Hexor does ultimately feel like a pathetic schmendrick. Look at your list, for instance: CHAOS, the Warship, the Abomination, and also the late virus...what do they all have in common? They're someone else's work, and Hexor at best modified them slightly, then goes around acting like they're totally his brilliant inventions, donut steal, dood. He behaves as though he's a puppet master and master of deception, but most of his tricks revolve around making himself appear more powerful than he actually is. Even his most successful and genuinely impressive ruse, tricking the heroes into freeing him from the Vault, was based around pretending he was far more in control of the situation than he actual was. Had our heroes realized how weak and compromised he actually was, they probably could have stopped him easily.

As villains go, Hexor just isn't really all that skilled or competent. That's not to say he's stupid or ineffectual either, but he's definitely outclassed by the heros; indeed, he's a bad copy of one of them, a second-rate Jeremy, and he knows (and resents) this. His successes seem to stem not so much from his strength or genius as the fact that he consistently proves to be a bigger jackass than anyone had imagined possible. But I suppose that's something he has in common with a lot of petty tyrants in real life.
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Mikkofier »

I burst out laughing when Hexor the Edgelord stuck a knife into Kirby. Reminded me of stuff from early 2000's Newgrounds.
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Die! Die! Die!
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Hexor the Edgelord is now his canonical title. I demand it!