irc.cat.biopge projectsmw central

Make a Rad Bug - CONTEST FINISHED. THANKS GUYS!

would you like to participate in some fun contests? would you like to create some fun contests? well ^_^
Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess
First name: Servalan

Make a Rad Bug - CONTEST FINISHED. THANKS GUYS!

Postby Horikawa Otane » 1 year ago

Congrats to our winners! Here is the final placement list!
  • 1st: Bellmore
    2nd: Veruchai
    3rd: LockKirby2
    4th: Rednaxela
    5th: Mikkofier
    6th: me
    7th: djrk16
    8th: Clyceer
    9th: Willhart
    10th: Minnakht
Here is the full bug collection for those who want to experiment! Download

Current Submissions:
  • Bellmoore
  • castlepokemetroid
  • Clyceer
  • DarkJDL
  • djrk16
  • Drei
  • Horikawa Otane
  • Kevsoft
  • Le Neveu de Rameau
  • Lockirby2
  • Metrosubwayandroid
  • Mikkofier
  • Minnakht
  • NightSparrow
  • Penguin Emperor
  • raekuul
  • raocow
  • RedMageMike
  • Rednaxela
  • Rockythechao
  • SnoruntPyro
  • Sturg
  • Truckeeben
  • Veruchai
  • Willhart
  • Xirix
  • Zyglrox Odyssey
I got raocow's permission to make this global - hope you don't mind!

For more detailed information, please watch my announcement video here

So as people may know, I'm currently hosting a contest based on competitive super Indie Games. I'm aiming to make this annual.

I want to give games that not many people know about a spotlight on the stage. This annual contest helps me do that.

This time around, I'm hosting the competition based on AI Wars: The Insect Mind. I've had generous donations from many indie devs - so there's over 280 dollars worth of games being offered to the victors.

Matches will be livestreamed on my Twitch and combatants who want to co-commentate will be welcome to come cheer on their bugs and talk about their programming choices! Both myself and raocow will be entering.

Bugs due June 12th at 11:59pm EST via PM or Horikawa.Otane@icloud.com.

Tutorials and a download are below as well as links to prizes.

Links Prizes: ...Marb.
Watch my Butt on the YouTubes
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

Pyro
cutest girl 2023
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Make a Rad Bug Contest (compete against raocow and me for over 280 dollars of prizes!)

Postby Pyro » 1 year ago

i'll take hard names please
professional meme

Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Make a Rad Bug Contest (compete against raocow and me for over 280 dollars of prizes!)

Postby Sorel » 1 year ago

I can't wait for the LP
ImageImageImageImageImage
If you need something translated to german or something german to english, feel free to PM me. I'll get to it eventually.

FrozenQuills
ok flair 2017

Postby FrozenQuills » 1 year ago

gonna go with medium names again.
is lunalua allowed?
(this looks super rad)
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
MaGLX2 Level Commentaries (updated up to 169th place) + My entry
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 4
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016)

spittySynthyHands
A Projection of Memory onto Reality

Postby spittySynthyHands » 1 year ago

Well, this looks like fun.
For more información please reread this post.

castlepokemetroid

Postby castlepokemetroid » 1 year ago

Oh man, compete against raocow? Do want.
-castlepokemetroid

I has raomations here

raekuul
X&BUTT
First name: Pokota

Postby raekuul » 1 year ago

I know you stated what the tournament conditions would be in the video, but could you type them up and add them to the opening post? I'd like to test my creations under the same conditions that the tournament matches will have.

Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans

Postby Rednaxela » 1 year ago

I believe what was said was:
Summarized and paraphrased Horikawa wrote:each round, 2 copies of each bug, no IFF codes, large arena, default settings, max 1500 ticks, winner is highest score (combined score of both copies) after 3 matches

top 5 go to: gigantic arena, 3 rounds of a 10 bug FFA
Now, there's a decent bit of ambiguity in terms of things like what "large" and "gigantic" mean, and also what the structure of the rounds are. Like are the initial rounds (prior to the top-5) also a larger FFA, or smaller battles in some of round robin?

In any case, this should be an interesting event.
Currently LPing: Ys Origin

No Lynch
Self-discovery's harder than it looks!
First name: No Lynch
Pronouns: they/she

Postby No Lynch » 1 year ago

So I'm going to be a stick in the mud here, but I can't help but wonder why this contest thread was placed in the gazebo instead of in the contest center.

Le Neveu de Rameau
Rødgrød uden fløde
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Postby Le Neveu de Rameau » 1 year ago

Isn't your gazebo infested with beetles? If not, you're clearly doing something wrong.

castlepokemetroid

Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:Isn't your gazebo infested with beetles? If not, you're clearly doing something wrong.
Actually, if your gazebo wasn't infested with some sort of bug, wouldn't that actually mean you're doing something right?
-castlepokemetroid

I has raomations here

Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Postby Willhart » 1 year ago

I hope MaRB contest will get a lot of entrants. The streams should be fun to watch.
Willhart wrote:Being a fan means... blind obsession.... She does not have to accept it... I thought it brought me closer to her.
Willhart wrote:[She] is planning on joining the patreon discord thing on advanced group, and that likely means that I'll listen trough every single one of those as they happen...

Part of me feels like writing her name over and over again
...I should not give up.
💔

Le Neveu de Rameau
Rødgrød uden fløde
First name: Rameau's Nephew

Postby Le Neveu de Rameau » 1 year ago

castlepokemetroid wrote:
Le Neveu de Rameau wrote:Isn't your gazebo infested with beetles? If not, you're clearly doing something wrong.
Actually, if your gazebo wasn't infested with some sort of bug, wouldn't that actually mean you're doing something right?
If hanging out with a bunch of bugs (also known as a "bugnch") doesn't sound like your idea of a good time, this may not be your sort of contest.

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

Rednaxela wrote:I believe what was said was:
Summarized and paraphrased Horikawa wrote:each round, 2 copies of each bug, no IFF codes, large arena, default settings, max 1500 ticks, winner is highest score (combined score of both copies) after 3 matches

top 5 go to: gigantic arena, 3 rounds of a 10 bug FFA
Now, there's a decent bit of ambiguity in terms of things like what "large" and "gigantic" mean, and also what the structure of the rounds are. Like are the initial rounds (prior to the top-5) also a larger FFA, or smaller battles in some of round robin?

In any case, this should be an interesting event.
I'll be doing an update video this weekend.
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

Willhart
Banned

It's good to remind people about this from time to time.
Willhart wrote:Being a fan means... blind obsession.... She does not have to accept it... I thought it brought me closer to her.
Willhart wrote:[She] is planning on joining the patreon discord thing on advanced group, and that likely means that I'll listen trough every single one of those as they happen...

...I should not give up.
💔

castlepokemetroid

Willhart wrote:It's good to remind people about this from time to time.
About what? Was I supposed to remember something?
-castlepokemetroid

I has raomations here

Willhart
Banned

castlepokemetroid wrote:
Willhart wrote:It's good to remind people about this from time to time.
About what? Was I supposed to remember something?
About the contest. The submission time is quite long.

...I should not give up.
💔

Penguin Emperor
Omnipotent Feathered Tyrant

Postby Penguin Emperor » 1 year ago

Sooooo yeah, I made a super awesome bug! Sure, it hasn't won a single test match yet, but I'm sure it's saving it's energy for the real thing! I hope to just take out one other bug, to be honest. The programming seems to be easier than I thought it would be, but then again I could be missing something and/or lots of somethings. Either way, I'm really excited for this!

raekuul
X&BUTT
First name: Pokota

Postby raekuul » 1 year ago

/me makes a programming error and produces a brad bug instead.

EDIT: Have a bad rug.

Code: Select all

Mutiple Battle Total:
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1st  place   Cybug: #08 turtle1      Total score:  99689         Team: 99689
2nd  place   Cybug: #05 turtle1      Total score:  92662         Team: 92662
3rd  place   Cybug: #06 turtle1      Total score:  86639         Team: 86639
4th  place   Cybug: #07 turtle1      Total score:  80814         Team: 80814
5th  place   Cybug: #01 dumbot       Total score:  16091         Team: 16091
6th  place   Cybug: #02 dumbot       Total score:  14876         Team: 14876
7th  place   Cybug: #04 dumbot       Total score:  14410         Team: 14410
8th  place   Cybug: #03 dumbot       Total score:  13766         Team: 13766
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Willhart
Banned

I figured out how to make my bug do a thing. Mainly related to variables.

...I should not give up.
💔

Willhart
Banned

Only like a week left now. Got to pick up the pase.

...I should not give up.
💔

Kevsoft
LunaLua Master Developer

Postby Kevsoft » 1 year ago

Totally forget about that, whelp mine will be a dumb one. Maybe my KISS-Bug has a chance (Keep it short and simple)

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

Re: Make a Rad Bug (compete against raocow for over 280 dollars of prizes!) - TWO DAYS LEFT. Takes <1hr to make a bug! G

There's still PLENTY of time - you got two days left! Making a bug will take less than an hour - and you'll learn programming!

I'd definitely personally appreciate if you participated peeps! <3

MECHDRAGON777
Where radioactivity blossoms, so do I!

Re: Make a Rad Bug (compete against raocow for over 280 dollars of prizes!) - TWO DAYS LEFT. Takes <1hr to make a bug! G

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » 1 year ago

Horikawa Otane wrote:There's still PLENTY of time - you got two days left! Making a bug will take less than an hour - and you'll learn programming!

I'd definitely personally appreciate if you participated peeps! <3
How many people actually submitted?

Edit: All I need to do is come in 5th or higher. I hope not to many people submit... (I have my reasons).

My avartar

I am a SMBX player, and I do not know weather to stay at SuperMarioBrosx.org or at talkhaus.raocow.com honestly.

Willhart
Banned

More people means more fun.

...I should not give up.
💔

Return to “contest center”