(shouting)

[116] very cold rocks

Half a jump is still a jump
Divemissile

[116] very cold rocks

Post by Divemissile »

this level is kinda glitchy, but i think it turned out well. very platforming based and probably like midgame difficulty.

edit: updated .zip to have full map16 page 20
Attachments
very cold rocks.zip
(501.01 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Last edited by Divemissile 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
worldpeace125

Re: [116] very cold rocks

Post by worldpeace125 »

I couldn't play this level because the ips file was broken. I couldn't insert the level myself properly either. You probably forgot to include all of map16 tiles used by the level (mwl).
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

worldpeace125 wrote:I couldn't play this level because the ips file was broken. I couldn't insert the level myself properly either. You probably forgot to include all of map16 tiles used by the level (mwl).
the ips file works for me. but you're right about the map16 tiles not being included, i think i forgot to include all the tiles.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I liked the concept of this level but it need some work before acceptance. I'm not a fan of the right off the bat first obstacle being a podoboo bounce. They are inconsistent and I don't feel that it fits in the difficulty you were going for, the difficulty it will be when issues are fixed. Screen 5 is a crazy jump, I didn't bother with it thus didn't realize that's where the key is. Screen 6 makes it very apparent how broken the lava walls are, you can just walk into them fine. Screen A, the second plant, was the first instance I had this happen, then again on C. Like I get that you had a text warning about it but that's no excuse. I don't like my "platform" just arbitrarily disappearing. Going from B to C is just nuts, I never got past it without tanking and I feel you didn't either with the two power up blocks immediately after. On screen E, again, I understand you warned of this but I just don't really like it. Maybe it's the palette of the pipe but when I first got to that point, my first instinct was not the proper solution. Give these some thoughts, I did enjoy much of the level otherwise.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

thanks for the feedback! i'm gonna see what i can do to fix most of the issues you had. and yeah, the piranha plants disappearing was a thing i tried to work around, but i couldn't find a good solution. i think i'll just replace them with spinies or something like that.
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

updated the level woo

basically i toned down the difficulty of some areas to make it more consistent, made the level less racist towards big mario, and added indicators for when it's safe to spin jump on the piranha plants.
Attachments
very cold rocks.zip
new and improved
(501.1 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Divemissile

Post by Divemissile »

i was playing the base rom and i noticed some mess ups in the map16 so here's something that will hopefully fix it
Attachments
very cold rocks fix.zip
(3.27 KiB) Downloaded 68 times