(shouting)

The Haus of Talk Thread

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Re: Twitter Thread

Post by Leet »

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:That logic can literally apply to anything. Some people don't like to talk about politics, but it's constantly brought up. Sports are a hobby, just like video games. Some are more passionate about it than others. Including several members here.
No, it can't apply to "literally anything" whatsoever. In our society, it is not the norm to talk about Gnosticism, the collective unconscious, literary history, 90s internet or pseudoscience, to name a small handful of topics. You are just not reading what I am saying, and am responding to much simpler sentiments than I am actually expressing. Sports, as a topic, is a very common resource, so to speak. It's plentiful in the cultural landscape, so perpetuating it doesn't contribute to noodiversity. It's not that you can't talk about whatever you want, I just don't see the point of it when you can do that anywhere, anytime.
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Luka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

idk about the US situation specifically but over here sports talk is sort of overwhelming sometimes, like its everywhere and if youre bad at sports due to disability (e.g. me) its especially shit that you basically cant escape from it
"i like bugs"
t
Pikabread
we're gonna talk about e
First name: lily
Pronouns: she/her/xe/xem

Post by Pikabread »

maybe the point is that they enjoy talking about it even if they could do it anywhere. like, imagine a world where everyone just discussed something you were into irl all the time. if you're interested in it and enjoy talking about it you probably would talk about it online anyway too. it doesn't have to have a point
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Notre Dame scored the winning basket on SF Austin with only 1.5 left on the clock! The ACC currently is 11-1 so far in the tournament. I've got UNC going all the way in my bracket, but Kansas is my second choice if they fall. I'm surprised some of these lower seeded teams are making a run at the sweet sixteen.
That crazy voice dude
128-Up
Captain Aiwana
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by 128-Up »

Just never say "I'm not really a sports person" because that's usually a cue for others to go "Why?" at you.
If Mario has taught me anything, it's that most things rely on whether there's something good in a nearby box.
Note: If something in the above post is done incorrectly, tell the poster as softly as possible, please.

128-Up's IWBTG Fangame Clear List
If you're wondering what on earth 'aiwana' is, click me!

Image <-- Click it!
Image Pokémon is hard.
Leet

Post by Leet »

so a special friend who i only recently reunited with unfollowed me on a website and i have good reason to believe it was an accident caused by the website's shitty mobile app but because i don't really know i'm not going to ask because i don't want to find out if it wasn't

this would not be the first time she's stealth-abandoned me so 9_9
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Zeldamaster12

Post by Zeldamaster12 »

rip leafyishere
stuff goes here
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:So March Madness
Well, it started out okay...

I don't really watch much college basketball anymore, so this was all off of memory of teams that have been good in previous tournaments with a little love shown to the MVC.
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

Bean wrote:
InsaneIntentions1 wrote:So March Madness
Well, it started out okay....
It's been a fairly upsetting tournament thus far. Sorry, not sorry.
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Well, I think that Northern Iowa flop just cost me any chance of winning now since one other person has North Carolina winning it all. At least I didn't pick Michigan State though. Tee-hee.

Anyway, I had a near panic attack at work today. I had to take a few minutes while sitting down in the aisle arranging the shelf to pull myself together. I have no clue what set me off, and I was fine after that feeling passed, but I'm going to bed early tonight just in case it was a lack of sleep issue. Night.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Leet wrote:so a special friend who i only recently reunited with unfollowed me on a website and i have good reason to believe it was an accident caused by the website's shitty mobile app but because i don't really know i'm not going to ask because i don't want to find out if it wasn't

you can just say tumblr, you know
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Leet

Post by Leet »

Ivy wrote:
Leet wrote:so a special friend who i only recently reunited with unfollowed me on a website and i have good reason to believe it was an accident caused by the website's shitty mobile app but because i don't really know i'm not going to ask because i don't want to find out if it wasn't

you can just say tumblr, you know
no you cant, if you do 5000 people will jump out of the floorboards and make some tired jokes at you

it is pretty true that the talkhaus is where i go to talk about stuff that happens on tumblr that i dont want to post about on it itself tho
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

lol dae tublr sjws?
ohmato
hey idiot

Post by ohmato »

man it's a real party under the floorboards
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:Notre Dame scored the winning basket on SF Austin with only 1.5 left on the clock! The ACC currently is 11-1 so far in the tournament. I've got UNC going all the way in my bracket, but Kansas is my second choice if they fall. I'm surprised some of these lower seeded teams are making a run at the sweet sixteen.
What dialect of English is this? I understood some of that. "The" in particular made a lot of sense.
july
七月
First name: e!ɡa

Post by july »

I don't understand most of it but I think this is what's meant by "winning basket"
momo

Post by momo »

a blast from the past
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

Bean wrote:Well, I think that Northern Iowa flop just cost me any chance of winning now since one other person has North Carolina winning it all. At least I didn't pick Michigan State though. Tee-hee.

Anyway, I had a near panic attack at work today. I had to take a few minutes while sitting down in the aisle arranging the shelf to pull myself together. I have no clue what set me off, and I was fine after that feeling passed, but I'm going to bed early tonight just in case it was a lack of sleep issue. Night.
I have UNC winning it all as well. Also stay hydrated while working as well!
That crazy voice dude
FancyFancy

Post by FancyFancy »

Trying to remember what the last proper Disney film I watched new in the cinema was. And no I'm not talking about Marvel Studios because if I counted then it would be Deadpool a couple of weeks ago.

I write this sentence before I do my research and then I'll get back to you in a bit.
-
-
-
-
Hello again, it was The Santa Clause 2 in 2002. Last animated Disney film was probably Fantasia 2000 or Dinosaur in 2000. Jeez its been that long. Well I will be breaking my 14-16 year duck by seeing Zootopia later today.
FILMED IN
ImageImage
momo

Post by momo »

DINO-TASTIC
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Rusbojis wrote:DINO-TASTIC
TURBO-TASTIC!
Wolfolotl
cryptid
First name: ovid
Pronouns: xe/xem/xyr

Post by Wolfolotl »

quoi the fuck is a sport
:nb_pride:
PlatinumTriforce
Professional Profanity Practitioner

Post by PlatinumTriforce »

I thought of this a few days back but only remembered to make it now:
peteyboo wrote:Platinum vs. raocow vs. myself triple battle at the same time

48 hours straight of Hyper VII. Whoever beats it first wins!
I love it.

Zeldamaster12

Post by Zeldamaster12 »

My dog is going through kidney failure. My nerves are literally goimg crazy right now and I'm in tears. We're rushing her to the emergency animal clinic and I pray to god we can save her. Please please please make it!!! You're in my heart, Emmagrace <333
stuff goes here
Zeldamaster12

Post by Zeldamaster12 »

Update:

She's in emergency care and the doctors are taking good care of her. I pray she comes out okay.
stuff goes here