(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Giik

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Giik »

Willhart wrote:Started playing Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight. The controls feel very good so far.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/428550/
DON'T DO HARD MODE UNLESS YOU THINK DARK SOULS IS A NICE LAID-BACK GAME.

Seriously, I'm getting one-shot SO MANY TIMES.

Besides that, it's a REALLY good game so far. Maybe a little disjointed in how areas link up (there's no transition, so you can go straight from a lush, sunlit forest to the middle of a city in the middle of the night, probably a curse or whatever), but I'm having lots of fun with it so far. I've only beaten

the first encounter with the witch of decay

and the

heterical arsonist

so far, so I'm not sure how far into it I am.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

pocket monsters yellow
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I've been playing a lot of Stardew Valley lately. (And procrastinating far too much on stuff I should really be working on.) It's actually quite fun, especially when you use a speed mod to fix the absolutely absurd slow movement speed the game has by default. I'm almost done with my first year of the game and I'm hoping to finish up the rest of the community center bundles by the end of the second year.
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Alice wrote:I've been playing a lot of Stardew Valley lately.
Very Yes. I love this game so much. Even the slow movement speed doesn't bother me. You just gotta RELAX.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Telamon wrote:Very Yes. I love this game so much. Even the slow movement speed doesn't bother me. You just gotta RELAX.
The slow movement speed bothers me quite a lot. I can't relax when the run speed feels, at best, like the walk speed should be.

Past that issue though I am enjoying it quite a lot. It's fairly rare for me to play any game anymore, even one I enjoy, more than 5-6 hours in total and I've got like 30 hours on my save on this excluding a few crashes as well as lost progress due to the bug in early versions where leveling up would cause sleeping to not successfully save your game despite saying it did.

I've unlocked just about every area, only have a few bundles left to complete in the community center, got married (to Abigail), maxed out my relationship with her afterwards, have two of every animal you can have, have one of each fruit tree, maxed out the level of my house, hit the bottom of the mines, got all gold tools (iridium is absurdly rare, I only have two bars worth so far...), and I'm level 7-8 in every skill. I should be able to complete the last few community center bundles by the end of summer since the main bundles I'm missing are spring and summer crops. The others I'm missing are some of the bulletin board bundles which are also mostly just a matter of time.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Broforce is all sorts of meh
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

Still more Bravely Second: End Layer, and I'm up to Chapter 5, and it's been a hell of a trip to get there (hard difficulty included).

There are so many things I want to talk about but the game's still not out in the US Region and as a result spoilers (and big ones as well).
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Post by Plutia »

Etrian Odyssey IV
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold
Etrian Mystery Dungeon

please send help i'm in EO hell
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Finished up with the Megaman: Day in the Limelight games. The first one was... I don't know. It had flashes of brilliance, but was bogged down by some slightly sticky controls (there was a fraction of a second or so of lag between when you pressed the jump button, and when you actually *jumped*, which caused me to walk off edges to my death more than once) that made it feel rather... off. The level design was well-done, though for at least a couple stages (such as Heatman's), I felt like they could've safely ended several times before they *did* and little of value would've been lost. There were also some issues with grabbing ladders... nothing serious for the most part, but one jump on the first Wily stage was far more annoying than it should have been due to that.

I think I started enjoying the game a lot more when I just set infinite lives, and didn't have to worry about replaying the entire stage every five deaths, which allowed me to appreciate the game's strengths rather than feel bogged down by its shortcomings. Even then, though, the game was definitely not easy. The Bubbleman and Flashman fight was especially painful, taking me a huge number of tries to beat... so yeah, thank gourds for infinite lives. The final battle was also a thing, but mostly due to having to repeat the same early phases over and over, which got kinda tedious.

That all said, the "Guts Tank" stage may have been one of the greatest things ever. All in all, I found the game to be much more fun to watch raocow play than to have played myself, but I don't regret doing so... especially because I could then move on to the sequel. Which I found to be better in every aspect. The control issues were resolved, for starters. I also liked how you unlocked characters as you cleared stages with them. While this did reduce the strategic aspect and the need for really learning boss patterns and whatnot, it did allow the return of that flexibility that the Megaman series as a whole is famous for. I felt, in general, like more was done with each character and the stages themselves. That there were hidden collectables in each stage was a nice touch, as well. Of course, by far my favorite part was the Doc Robot stages. Finally being able to experience ones for the other four Robot Masters was just incredible, and I'm *very* impressed that some of them actually made use of some otherwise unused assets found in the MM3 ROM. I really couldn't find much I disliked with MM:DL2. Excellent game, and I hope MM:DL3 is still in production.

Also. I played Cat Poke last night. Cute game. Poke!

Finally, I'm about to start Megaman Rock Force and Megaman Unlimited... can anyone provide me with the weakness order in those games? I know I've seen them mentioned in threads here, or in YouTube comments on raocow and Roahm's LPs of them, but I'd rather not have to dig through a sea of posts and videos just for that...
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

With it being Mario Day (Mar10), I decided to start recording SMB3 at long last. World 1 went by smoothly enough, but I'll admit, I'm stopping and dropping a restore point after every fortress this time around since the idea of throwing away a long recording is something I just don't want to do. Nope.

And the Mega Man Unlimited weakness chain is this:
Yo-Yo > Glue > Rainbow > Trinitro > Nail > Tank > Comet > Jet > Yo-Yo. The ninth boss is weak to himself.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

Well, due to some uncertainty regarding my hard drive, I'm going to put Megaman Rock Force and Megaman Unlimited on a temporary hiatus. I should be getting a new HD soon, though, so there's that. Looking forward to both. Thanks for the Unlimited boss weakness chain, though, Bean. I'll put that to good use when the time comes. (I also figured out the Rock Force weakness loop from watching Roahm's video of the refights near the end.)

For now, I'm leaning towards taking on some of my console/handheld "to do" list: Okami, Golden Sun: The Lost Age, and Final Fantasy 3 (DS). One or more of those. Yeah.

Moists:

jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

Finally finished my Hard mode, No non-confused induced running from battles playthrough of Bravely Second: End Layer. I still need to find the Bonus Dungeon.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

Well, now I'm playing
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked,
Bravely Second's demo (almost finished),
and Fire Emblem Fates.
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Not sure if I mentioned, but I managed to beat Momodora 4 some time ago. Was a lot of fun, though I may have done things a bit of a hard way sometimes. I also started LiEat, which seems very nice too. A lot of dialogue and interesting characters. I'm let's playing that one currently.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I did some download play of the new Mario & Sonic game on the 3DS, the Rio one. I actually enjoyed it for the most part. It's probably my favorite of the three summer ones I've played. Might actually borrow the copy from my brother when he's done with it to see how it totally stacks up.
Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Post by Kuupa »

I have been enjoying the hell out of Pokken Tournament lately. It's really such a shame, the core gameplay, aesthetics, and music are all so good, but it's an economic nightmare to get anything resembling local multiplayer (let alone tournaments or anything of that nature).

That being said, still looking to main Sceptile right now [:
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

After MONTHS, I FINALLY got a run as good as my first one on that freaking Guardian Machine.
...and then I had to drive 2 and a half hours. ...and I use my 3DS in the aux port for music.

Luckily after like 20 minutes we puleld over into a gas station and I was able to FINISH THE DAMN THING before we left.
Finally, I can move on with Persona goddamn Q, get through the rest of the last dungeon, probably get my ass royally handed to me by the final boss, and maybe, JUST MAYBE if I'm lucky,

save Rei who's been stuck up there for all these months

jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE

Post by jayScribble »

Hours after grinding to defeat the bonus boss, Finally Finished with my no non-confused induced running, hard mode Bravely Second: End Layer.

Some final thoughts about the game, so spoilers about the game be round:
If you don't like the word "gravy", then you're going to be hearing it every third cutscene. Also, french people will get the bonuses on what Magnolia and the people from the moon are saying, unlike me.

The new classes are a nice addition for the sequel of Bravely Default, but compared to some of the older classes that replaced them (for example, the Spell Fencer being replaced with the Tomahawk/Hawkeye with Black Magic imbues replaced with Witchcraft), I have certain issues, such as the Catmancer having fewer options, especially in the Catmancy spells where certain items needed to be consumed instead of Mana, and certain Abilities are not available (I'm talking to you, Firestorm). Some of the new classes made some redundant in comparison, especially when using certain abilities from the redundant class, such as the Bishop Class made the White Mage Class when Holy Magic with Group-Cast Master (as well as White Magic being more expensive compared to Holy Magic). The hidden 11 Level unlocks certainly makes the classes more interesting.

The plot's okay until after Chapter 4 where it goes nuts about it, but it's the Yokai sidequest that makes it more worth it to complete, in terms of plot, characterization, and gameplay.

The music certainly haves some different character when compared to the original game's one due to changing composers between games, and both of their tracks are used in this game, but the new composer's music is still great nonetheless, such as the Normal Battle Theme and the Altair's and Vega's Theme.

The sidequests in the early game have some Morality vs Utility (I originally said Continuity vs Utility, but after typing that I got the wrong meaning) about them in which do you want in the current situation, or before Chapter 5: for example, the Thief wants the water to stop the thirst of the people in the kingdom, but the Red Mage wants the Water to continue their research of a new energy source to prevent anymore wars in the entire world, but could be unstable. The Thief Class specializes in stealing and speed, while the Red Mage specializes in versatile magic and gaining BP.
While ultimately you can get all the classes in Chapter 5, the game is well thought out in that it does consider either options: for example, if you didn't get the Summoner to get the Swordmaster Class, the people who would normally give you the summons instead give you a katana instead.

Finally, the bosses are interesting and unique, but there's one certain boss that is a complete joke when you have the Exorcism ability. The final bosses are also made easy with the Dark Knight class. The bonus boss is certainly one of a battle because:
  • Their companion always have the protect ally ability.
  • Either one of them can resummon the other.
  • The companion dispels any buffs your party has.
  • It's a consecutive battle.
The Designs of the Ba'als, after going through the final parts of the game, are really interesting in that they're telling a story in a certain order they're are in.[/spoiler]
Still some Ba'als to fight, but one final question to give to all of you:
Which is more acceptable: a stereotypical American Cowgirl, or a stereotypical Native American Girl?
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I have a gross confession to make which is that Hearthstone's Lady Liadrin promotion actually made me curious to try WoW. So I made a goblin warlock and spent like five minutes trying to find my car and five minutes trying to figure out how to obtain spare parts. Now that's gaming.
Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Warlocks ftw. Gnomes are way better, though.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I doubt the gnome starting area lets you drive your car into a bank so
Telamon

Post by Telamon »

WoW sounds really different from when I used to play it.
HatKid
If this ain't a flair, then I don't know what is
Pronouns: she/her
https://hatkid.talkhaus.com/

Post by HatKid »

I started playing Golden Sun, due to a recommendation from someone I know. I haven't played very much of it yet, but it seems like it'll be fun. It has some pretty great music.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I've been mostly not playing much. I did give a try to Samarost 3. Liked the art on the though ancutscenes and it seemed pretty good with puzzles too.
YelseyKing

Post by YelseyKing »

So, I finished Megaman Rock Force a few days ago. It's definitely improved in the time since raocow LP'd it. Notably, there are an alternate second set of stages now depending on whether the last robot master you beat is in the corners or on the sides. I saw them on Roahm Mythril's channel, though, so I knew what to expect. Also, the ending is less of a complete downer, and offers some hope for the future. Justiceman redeemed, somewhat.

On the whole, I enjoyed the game, but I definitely found it a lot more enjoyable with infinite lives, since some of the gimmicks, especially in the alternate second four stages, are very hard to get used to at first, and I ended up losing a ton of lives there (freaking Warman stage pounder thingies... argh). One big thing about the game is just how much you end up missing things like Rush Jet or other movement-enhancing tools/powers when they're not around. There are a number of very irritating jumps that on any other Megaman game, I'd whip out Rush in a heartbeat to get past, but... well, no such thing in Rock Force. Also, I'm not entirely fond of the fact that Beat is unlocked by perfect-running bosses. Granted, you only have to do four of them, some are decidedly easier to perfect run than others, and the secondary bosses (even up to the fortress stages) also count towards the total, but... I dunno, it's just not the kind of thing I particularly find fun. I *did* it, but in that same manner where a few SMW hackers are adding things with raocow in mind, I can't help but think some Megaman fangame creators are adding stuff with Roahm in mind.

Starting now on Unlimited, and... honestly? It seems *easier* than Rock Force so far. I've Game Over'd quite a few times learning the stages, but the real difficulty seems to come from the lack of a "Lives" option (no more infinite lives) and fewer checkpoints, rather than the stages themselves being all that hard. Granted, I've only done a couple stages so far, but... yeah. Kind of odd, that.
HatKid wrote:I started playing Golden Sun, due to a recommendation from someone I know. I haven't played very much of it yet, but it seems like it'll be fun. It has some pretty great music.
I played that a couple years ago. It's pretty much as generic a JRPG as you can get, but I enjoyed it. Nice retro feel. And the soundtrack is by Motoi Sakuraba, so of *course* it's great. :P

Moists: